Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694219 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10260 on: January 13, 2014, 08:34:24 am »
If I ever have to relocate, its going to be somewhere near Twin Oaks. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #10261 on: January 13, 2014, 09:31:34 am »
Same here Clint!
I'll move in next door.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #10262 on: January 13, 2014, 10:17:48 am »
I bought one of these fancy squirrel skinners but things weren't so god last year and I didn't get to try it out. It is supposed to really speed up the process and keep the meat free of hair.

EDIT;
I forgot no links, just read Pats thread about such so I deleted my link. Google squirrel skinners and you can find several different ones.

I cooked squirrels a couple of days ago. I found if you pressure cook them for 12 minutes they are just right to dredge in egg and milk, batter and fry, this makes the toughest old squirrel as tender as a young one. Any longer and the meat will fall off the bone.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:09:41 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10263 on: January 13, 2014, 10:45:36 am »
Never tried a presure cooker but we par boil them until tender,just before the meat will fall off the bone,then cook anyway you like and they are tender. It just takes a lot to make a man size meal is the only problem I see with them.  ;):) Clint/Kevin ,yall would fit right in that is for sure. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #10264 on: January 13, 2014, 11:23:07 am »
Eric,
That Squirrel Holder looks like a great idea. I am going to order one. Thanks for the link.
Brian

Offline Will H

« Reply #10265 on: January 13, 2014, 12:22:20 pm »
It was a great weekend for sure  :) sat morning was perfect for squirrell killin. I had 9 by lunch time, one of my best hunts ever! Thanks again pappy, it was 2 fun :)

Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Stringman

« Reply #10266 on: January 13, 2014, 02:27:13 pm »
Well, I see your problem! You alls covered up in them little greys. If you was shooting red fox squirrels then you'd only have to have half as many fer a meal!  ;D

Good shooting Will! I keep tellin myself I need to take a half a day and go get me a mess also.

Pappy, that little marlin lever is one of the finest tree rat getters they make. I've shot mine for years and put many thousands of rounds through it. Used to, my brother and I would take off with a couple bricks and go for a walk. One or the other was always bumming shells by the time we was headed home. We'd shoot anything we laid eyes on, everything was a competition! One of us would throw a stick in the creek and we'd go ta bustin it in pieces till it floated out of sight. Then another would pick up an old walnut and throw it up and the other would knock it out of the air. Got to the point where we'd run out of things to shoot at so we just sit on the hillside and someone would pick out a blade of grass about 20 feet off and about 3 hammer falls later we'd be looking for something else...

Seems a little hard to believe but the shells were cheap back then and we got good with our little pea shooters.

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #10267 on: January 13, 2014, 10:12:16 pm »
   I'm amazed at how much fun it is to help people chase a ring. folks I have no words to describe how good the squirrel tasted. thank you Will for providing the squirrel. and thank you Pappy for the opportunity to participate. life is truly good.

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10268 on: January 14, 2014, 05:47:14 am »
You are welcome Chuck,and thanks for your help in the shop with all the new folks,it helps me out a bunch. Yes they were tasty,we will have to do that again
before the season ends. ;) :) No need in us even going out,we can let Will fill the pot. ;) :D  ;D ;D ;D By the way it is Miss Joanie's birthday today, :) she just gets better and better with age. ;) :) Going to eat steak tonight,been a while since we had beef. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:47:14 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10269 on: January 14, 2014, 07:55:14 am »
Good times!!  Will, you cant brain tan the squirrels if you keep shooting them in the head!!  Sure makes em dance for a second tho! :laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10270 on: January 14, 2014, 02:58:30 pm »
Give Miss Joanie a big hug for me Pappy and wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline seabass

« Reply #10271 on: January 14, 2014, 04:17:11 pm »
Happy birthday Miss Joanie.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Marks

« Reply #10272 on: January 14, 2014, 04:31:51 pm »
Pappy, your dog is half Mt Cur correct?? Do you squirrel hunter her?

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #10273 on: January 14, 2014, 04:32:49 pm »
Happy Birthday, Miss Joanie.  From the Wirwicki's.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #10274 on: January 14, 2014, 05:15:10 pm »
Happy Birthday Miss Joanie