Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4655773 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11340 on: October 06, 2014, 06:11:33 am »
Jon's brother Dan came in for the weekend,he made a walking stick/work on his Osage and a skin,man them dudes get big in AK. :) :) Jeff learning from Chuck how to make and fletch arrows,he is a quick learner and wants to do it all,just show him once and he is off and running. :) Making supper for Saturday night. :)
Pappy
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:56:17 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11341 on: October 06, 2014, 06:15:22 am »
Chuck working on his Yew shorty.Chuck and Jeff putting a paracord grip on Jeff's new bow,expect no less from a 5th group Ranger. ;) :) :) Jon helping his brother out with some grip and shelf work. Jeff repairing and old ax a neighbor gave him.  ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11342 on: October 06, 2014, 06:17:47 am »
Supper Saturday night. Yum yum. Jeff's bow ready for the finish,he has done a very good job with a challenging stave. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11343 on: October 06, 2014, 06:23:59 am »
More shop work Saturday night after supper. More deer brought in,Keith brought in #5 I think  so far for the season,the season is only a week old,he is a killing machine that is for sure,and BigA brought in a very nice doe,congrats to both. :) :) Dan's walking stick finished and ready to seal,pretty cool,came from one of Will's old fence posts.Cool. That's it for this week,hope yall Had a good one also,short week coming for me,I am off Friday and me and Beau plan on hunting pretty hard for 3 days weather permitting. :) Life is Good. :) :) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:58:37 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #11344 on: October 06, 2014, 08:33:38 am »
Looks like a great one Pappy! No deer on my end either(goose hunters kept it purty noisy, lol) but it was still great to be inda woods  ;).... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11345 on: October 06, 2014, 11:37:08 am »
Another good looking weekend. Congratulations on the deer, guys.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11346 on: October 07, 2014, 05:16:57 am »
Thanks Guys,it was a good one. Got an Email from Rocky yesterday,hasn't killed anything with the stick I gave him but did take a nice doe with his GN green glass bow,he sent me a picture of the knife I gave him all blooded up,glad it came in handy for him. Congrats Rock  ;) :) :) I hunted yesterday evening,still seems nothing is moving much,maybe later in the week when this weird stormy weather gets out of here.  ;) :) :) Beau's birthday today so can't hunt this evening,29 years
ago today I was a proud poppa I mean Pappy. ;) :) : Life is truly good when you have a good family and loads of good friends,man can't ask for much more than that. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11347 on: October 09, 2014, 05:56:25 am »
Friday for me,yesssssss,  ;) ;D ;D I am headed to the cabin for some rest and relaxation,little hunting if the weather hold and some time in the shop. Looks like rain for the next 3 or 4 days for us. :( Beau is coming down for a few days and that is always fun to get to hunt with my son,don't do much of that anymore. :) I am planing on a supper supper,kabobs/deer back strap chucks / inner loin chunks/Gator tail chucks and lots of peppers/onions/mushrooms in between,should be eatable.  ;) :) Hope yall have a good one also. See ya Monday. :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11348 on: October 09, 2014, 08:02:10 am »
Got some very good news,Eddie [Mullet] thinks he is going to be able to make it up to hunt in early Nov. He is hitching a ride with Chris[gator man] I call him and his son in law Shane. Man he heals quick for an old man. ;) :o :) :) This hunt is always a hoot watching Eddie and Chris go at each other.Love it. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #11349 on: October 09, 2014, 09:48:58 am »
Pappy:  You are right about Eddie being tough!  We had a nice surprise when we got a call from t Mrs. Cavitt.  She is the mother of the young lady I gave the bow and arrows to at the Classic a couple of years ago.  She and her son and daughter were traveling thru Yellowstone and were planning to visit the Whitney Gallery in Cody.  That is only an hour away from our place so they came by and spent the night.  Will her 19 year old son had his birthday that day so I gave him one of my prized Classic knifes.  Her husband's name is Lonnie and they live in Wingo, KY.  They have been going to the Classic for the shoot for several years.  It really is good for us old folks to have someone from the Classic drop by for a visit!  Life is Good!  :D  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11350 on: October 09, 2014, 10:25:28 am »
That is great Joe,yes they have been coming from almost the beginning,great people,I have watched their kids grow up,even came and took their graduation pictures by the bridge and creek.
She told me her son was working in Yellowstone,that is very cool that you took them in and put them up for the night. Hope to see ya this spring. :) I'm out of here for a few days. ;) ;D ;D ;D

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11351 on: October 13, 2014, 06:16:28 am »
What a great long weekend,lots of rain and not much hunting but a great time with my son and some of my buddies in the shop. I didn't see a deer form the stand ,Beau seen 3 or 4 but not shots
taken. ;) :) Here are some pictures of the weekend. Michael cutting out his new Walnut bow and his Hickory finished. Sally still getting spoiled by everyone. :) :) Beau showed up and getting stuff ready for an evening hunt,before the rain came in. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11352 on: October 13, 2014, 06:20:01 am »
Beau getting back in with stories. Supper,gator tail/deer back strap with Veggies. Yum it was very tasty. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11353 on: October 13, 2014, 06:23:46 am »
Nice big fire Thursday night, Chuck working on one his new yew shorties and repair on his Molly,lifted a small splinter,yipes. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11354 on: October 13, 2014, 06:26:52 am »
Michell and Jeff show up for some arrow work and shooting. Chuck laying out his new Yew shorty and My Yew bow just starting to tiller. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good