Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4655570 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11415 on: October 27, 2014, 05:26:32 am »
Damascus blade and Antler handle. Will doing some tip overlays on his Yew bow in the works. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11416 on: October 27, 2014, 05:30:41 am »
Knives glued up and shaped. Antler drilled and shaped. :) Kids start showing up Friday night. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11417 on: October 27, 2014, 05:32:36 am »
More kids showing up to a good fire. :) ;) And getting ready for the first mornings hunt. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11418 on: October 27, 2014, 05:36:22 am »
My knife glue up. Josiah showed up with 2 deer,I told him if he killed any to bring them by and I would show him how to skin and process,also save all the good supplies,Hides/sinew/brains and bone. :) :) Note he had some shoes on for this hunt. ;) :) :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11419 on: October 27, 2014, 05:39:51 am »
Josiah and Beau getting some deer processing lessons,Josiah we made steaks and roast,Beau's we made ground venison. ;) :) Jeff and Machell show up for some shooting and just hanging out. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11420 on: October 27, 2014, 05:43:50 am »
Art and Doug solving all the worlds problems,we do a lot of that down there. :) Seems some young girls don't care for dead deer caucuses.  ;) :) Must be city girls. :) Emma and her dad showed up for a day of bow work and shooting.
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11421 on: October 27, 2014, 05:47:29 am »
Knives ready to be sanded [where is GregB ??? he's the sanding guru ]  :) Grant showed up to cook supper for the kids,Cajun rice with venison of course,yum yum it was good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11422 on: October 27, 2014, 05:54:12 am »
My Yew bow never got touched,O  :) :)well maybe next week. ??? And last but not least,Jamston's deer,right at dark Sunday evening,  really nice doe,first one with his Mother with him. :) Congrats  ;) :) J Man. :) Hope y'all had a good one,nothing like taking the kids out and then teaching them some other good skills they will need to know when we are gone. :) Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11423 on: October 27, 2014, 06:31:19 am »
Good looking knives Pappy.  Looks like another fun filled weekend. :)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #11424 on: October 27, 2014, 07:50:55 am »
Pappy... Thankyou & all the Twin Oaks folk for takin time out to spend with these kids teachin/helpin them. It really is a great thing ya'll are doin down there ;).... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #11425 on: October 27, 2014, 11:39:03 am »
Man Pappy this is one of your better weekend update post, cool stuff. Kids getting the chance to deer hunt and fill the parents freezer plus learning how to process their harvest, very cool. Some mighty fine looking knife making also going on there. But my favorite is the picture of those girls and their reaction to seeing
the deer carcasses in the back of the truck, PRICELESS. ;D
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11426 on: October 27, 2014, 12:04:41 pm »
Pappy, you better save up your energy for next weekend. That sounds like a pretty motley crew you will be hosting. I'm hoping to see Eddie the following weekend at Chris Cade's farm.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11427 on: October 27, 2014, 12:17:03 pm »
Ha,ha. I was just going to say, "you think you will really work on that Yew bow next week?" Spent all day yesterday shooting bows and tuning arrows.Chris is shooting his Osage pretty good and as usual, I can't figure out which bow I want to hunt with. We'll break Shane in on one of my Glass bows this afternoon.

See y'all Saturday morning.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #11428 on: October 27, 2014, 05:57:28 pm »
Friday can't get here fast enough!!!!  I am ready to head to Twin Oaks.  As usual, another great weekend down there.  I've said it before, if I lived closer, I'd probably be divorced.
Gotta get all my stuff packed and the food prepped and be ready to pull out Friday morning.  Eddie, you guys be careful and have a good trip.  Thanks for the kind words PatB. :)  We are usually pretty good. ;) 

David

Offline seabass

« Reply #11429 on: October 27, 2014, 09:29:05 pm »
Good luck on your hunts guys.wish I could be there with ya.looks like the kids had a great time.Pappy your knives are looking great.if John is making up some of those tracker blade blanks,tell him I would be interested in trading for one.have a great hunt next weekend fellas.
Middletown,Ohio