Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4659385 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: Life is good
« Reply #11925 on: February 19, 2015, 07:28:56 am »
Great pics Pappy.  Looks like a very productive weekend.  Wish the weather would have been better this coming weekend.  Was really looking forward to coming out there. :(   
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Josh B

« Reply #11926 on: February 19, 2015, 11:20:16 am »
I highly enjoyed the hospitality Pappy!  As evidenced by the pictures, the only thing that I overworked was my jaw with all the BS'ing going on and the excellent vittles.  I really enjoyed the tour around the farm.  I am much obliged!  Josh

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11927 on: February 20, 2015, 05:39:13 am »
You are very welcome Josh, come back again when you are passing through. :) Friday and man what a week here in TN. 0 again this morning but is supposed to warm a bit to about 30 then Sleet/snow/ice this evening and tonight, then warmer and rain tomorrow so things should be good and sloppy for the meeting and working tomorrow. ??? ;) :) Maybe we can get a few things done under the pavilion /shop/Kitchen/target shed and registration. We have a 2 day open shoot in less than a month so we need to get on the ball. :) The good part about this early shoot is it gets us focused and lots done that will have to be done for the Classic anyway.
I thought I was going to have to work tomorrow but I think as of now I have it worked out so I don't so I am headed to the cabin as soon as I can get away from here. I plan on getting a good fire going before the snow hits and maybe haul a little wood while the ground is still froze,  ;) :) :) relax and enjoy the afternoon.Might even work on my Osage :-\  Hope y'all have a good one. ;) :) See ya Monday. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cookwood

« Reply #11928 on: February 20, 2015, 06:47:24 am »
Is it too early to be getting excited about the Classic?  I can't wait to get up there to see you guys. Thanks for all of the hard work you guys put in to getting ready.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #11929 on: February 20, 2015, 08:11:24 am »
That painting has held up well in the elements!
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11930 on: February 20, 2015, 09:44:00 am »
Yes it has John, don't know what y'all used last year but it really worked nicely. Greg I will miss you this weekend but understand, Frank understood and by the way he trapped his first Coyote Tuesday on mashed squirrel off the road. He still want to learn from you. Out of here folks see ya Monday. Be safe ,Life is good [NOW]  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11931 on: February 23, 2015, 06:06:14 am »
Great weekend/Till the Miller lite car blew Sunday. >:( ;) ;D ;D ;D Just kidding we had a good but very very sloppy weekend. It snowed and sleeted Friday evening and night ,then light rain
and a little warmer Saturday to make a sloppy mess, not warm enough or enough rain to get rid of the snow and ice but just enough to make it tough to move around in, so most of the weekend was spent around the fire or in the cabin kitchen cooking, had some might fine food. ;) :) :) I did manage to get the Club kitchen cleaned a bit and a supply list made up for the up coming season and the Classic also another load of wood hauled out so the weekend wasn't a total wash out.  :) Getting supper ready for Friday night and thawing some pipes in the cabin, first time I have ever had the kitchen freeze, been burr cold. ;) Venison back strap and white beans with ham hock. Yum :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:38:05 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11932 on: February 23, 2015, 06:12:52 am »
Sally just checking things out. Collard greens and getting the back strap ready for gravy. ;) :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11933 on: February 23, 2015, 06:15:33 am »
More wood hauled out, this is some very seasoned ERC, got to love that stuff for outside fire pits, smells great and man does it have the BTU's Still more maple to get out when the weather calms a bit.  ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11934 on: February 23, 2015, 06:17:11 am »
Then the snow/sleet came back in so we huddled around the fire. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11935 on: February 23, 2015, 06:21:31 am »
A fine supper/then a very good breakfast, Thanks Rocky /Kevin all that stuff yall sent me is great but the breakfast sausage is out of this world.  ;) We came out to rain/ snow and water running everywhere Saturday morning. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:40:22 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11936 on: February 23, 2015, 06:23:48 am »
You can see by the smiles the ones that did show up had a great time bad weather or not. I broke out my hip waders, worked very good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11937 on: February 23, 2015, 06:27:59 am »
Of course Burn um up Chuck kept us a fire going, quite the challenge with the weather but he managed. :) Bill and Linda made it down for a visit, He had some questions on an Osage stave he is working on,always good to see him and very nice to meet her. :) Couldn't do much else so me and Kevin done some maintenance on My old Dodge 4x4. Got to keep it up in shape. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:43:35 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11938 on: February 23, 2015, 06:34:02 am »
Jeff made it down Saturday, he is checking out some of his new back packing gear,it works very good. :) He made his supper and boiled some water in a flash. :) Like I said it was a little sloppy and didn't get much done but still a great time to be out side doing something besides laying on the couch. Hope yall had a good one also. :) Life is Good. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #11939 on: February 23, 2015, 09:30:30 am »
Wow frozen pipes and snow careful starting to look real yankee ;D Nope Collard greens what's that? ;) ;) Good to see ya all keep in warm, -5 this morning so more couch time :'( Later Bob