Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4655455 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12390 on: June 01, 2015, 05:21:02 am »
Greg got his stave to floor tiller, pretty nasty looking right now. ??? Chuck showed up to visit and keep us entertained. Bear's take down off the form.
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12391 on: June 01, 2015, 05:33:19 am »
Jon making a string, I think he said he made 10 over the weekend. :) Some wood splitting for the fire, about time to cut more wood. ??? Some shooting the bull and shooting or bows. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:16:24 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12392 on: June 01, 2015, 05:36:23 am »
Getting ready for the big fish fry. Had lots of fish and fixing, good turn out also. About 10 or 12 members and family. Great time I think was had by all. I know I enjoyed it, Beau and Christina doing the clean up. :) Great to have kids. ;) Hope yall had a good one. :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:18:14 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #12393 on: June 01, 2015, 12:25:41 pm »
Sweet  !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12394 on: June 02, 2015, 05:44:42 am »
Glad you enjoyed Guy, and yes she is ;) :) the last picture was my daughter in law and she has fit right in with the family, she was kind of a city girl but is coming around. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #12395 on: June 02, 2015, 07:38:20 am »
Guess I should have used a different word for saying that I enjoyed the pics but at least it was true on both accounts !!!
Thanks again for all you do Pappy!!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12396 on: June 03, 2015, 04:56:23 am »
 :) ;) I will pass that on to her Guy. :) Had a good evening in the shop. I got my DogWood bow to first brace and looking good and even, also got the nocks cut in Bear's take down and on the tiller stick. While I was working on it ,it had a small knot mid limb so I got to picking at it to be sure it was sound and low and behold I got a nice little hole in the limb, pretty cool and I am sure Bear will like the character , this bow will be full of it. :) I rechecked the sleeves[going together and apart] and they are working nice. Hope to get it to brace  also this week. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #12397 on: June 03, 2015, 12:59:27 pm »
You never did show me that dogwood bow. Guess I'll have to come back out there sometime to see it.  Thanks to you and Jon for putting up with me over the weekend.  Man, I love that place.  Great place to unwind and calm your nerves and the people ain't too shabby either.  That take-down was sure looking good. Can't wait to see it all finished up.  Keep up the good work, and keep posting pictures!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12398 on: June 04, 2015, 04:45:13 am »
Our pleasure Greg. ;) I am letting the Dog wood rest till the weekend and I get the regular string made for it, I could use the tiller string but I like to get a regular string once I get them to full brace. Just easier to deal with for me. ;) Got The take down ready to brace last evening, so far so good. Lots of dips/dives and knots to deal with so I am going sloooooww. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12399 on: June 05, 2015, 05:26:03 am »
Friday and looks like it is going to be a beautiful weekend. Got lots to do as usual but the main things is tiller some bows, Dog Wood and Osage take down both ready for the tiller board. ;) I also started a new walking stick yesterday that I need to get the rest of the bark off and sand. We have a few things to do in preparation for the IBO world planed and always stuff to do around the farm so I should stay busy. ??? :-\ Hope yall have a good one ,see ya Monday.  :) Life is Good. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12400 on: June 08, 2015, 04:57:49 am »
Great weekend,lots of stuff done in preparation for the up coming event and also lots of time in the shop, weather was beautiful, hot but dry for a change. Here are a few pictures of the fun. Got My Dog wood bow out to 38@20 and back on the form for some tweaking and tip flipping. Top limb still a little flat but it had a couple of knots that I am being careful with. I think I can get that worked out now. Also got The Osage take down out to 44@ 20 and ready for the form for a little reflex and tweaking. Got my walking stick ready to put the finish on and even had time to make Miss Joanie another blue bird house. :)Dog wood at first brace. Bear's bow ,hole in the limb and nocks cut in.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12401 on: June 08, 2015, 04:59:25 am »
Bear's bow at first brace. Walking stick getting debarked and Hemp grip put on. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12402 on: June 08, 2015, 05:02:19 am »
Jon making up a couple of strings for me. Some shooting, the Osage Doug is shooting I built for him in 2003. :) Still looks good and shoots great. :) Always a little picking going on. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12403 on: June 08, 2015, 05:05:08 am »
Checking out some skins for the Dog wood if all goes well. :-\ Doing my thing with the dog wood on the form. :) New shirts came in for the club members, got to be looking good when guest show up. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12404 on: June 08, 2015, 05:07:27 am »
Dog Wood getting the tips flipped. Just me with Sally looking on making sure I am doing it right. Really she thinks I am cooking something. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good