Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693804 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13005 on: December 21, 2015, 04:38:25 am »
Us hauling out some wood and a new chopping block for around the fire, the bucket on my new tractor is the ticket, everyone told me it would be and they were right. Me getting ready to put a super glue finish on my Carrot wood maul handle, but first a little fun with Chuck. ;) >:D  Handle sealed and looking good. Another ax Bill found, I think it is what they call a felling ax but we can't find a name, either way it's pretty cool. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 05:56:58 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13006 on: December 21, 2015, 04:47:28 am »
Our new Chopping block put into place. Then I ended the weekend with a Sunday morning hunt, no deer but a beautiful morning. :) I was hunting with my Gator Osage and Jon stone point Shannon won the Jon stone knap off at the last Classic, we decided it needed to kill something before it went in the Shadow box with all the rest so that has been my mission this last part of the season, mounted on a Cain arrow and all it needs is a chance and me do what I am supposed to, we will see if I can make it happen before the season is over. ;) :) Hope yall had a good one, I sure did. Hope all my friends here have a very Merry Christmas , ;) remember what it's about and a very prosperous New year. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13007 on: December 21, 2015, 08:14:28 am »
Looks like a great weekend Pappy.  I have that same book and it is pretty good.  It's about the native americans that lived in the same area as my grandparents did in Texas.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #13008 on: December 21, 2015, 08:45:43 am »
Glad ya'll had a great weekend.  Also did a bit of hunting with the flintlock.  Saw deer but, none wanted to play close enough to me.  Don't worry Beau.  It does happen.  I missed one at 7 yards, earlier this year.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13009 on: December 21, 2015, 09:09:32 am »
Ya that's what I told him Matt and believe me that ant the first he has missed at close range,
He said all he did was laugh. :) Clint, Beau said it was a good book but blew the myth that some think that all NA were peaceful people and everything was so peaceful/surreal and all got along back then until the white man showed up, ??? he said the Comanche were some ruthless people along with several other tribes as most of us already know. :) Just like most everywhere else in the world at that time and even true today,only the strongest survive. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13010 on: December 21, 2015, 03:00:54 pm »
A lot going on around there last weekend. And that is a great book, about some of the kin folks that headed west instead of to the beach.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #13011 on: December 21, 2015, 07:07:49 pm »
Happy she likes the checkered cutting board 😄
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13012 on: December 22, 2015, 03:58:38 am »
Yep she loved it Jon. ;) Got the Osage I have been working on ready to brace yesterday and also got the last Splitting maul fitted to the handle, just need to work the rest of the handle down sand and seal, very peaceful down at the cabin yesterday. ??? that's when I seem to get more done for sure. ;) Looks like rain for the next week so maybe I can get the Osage shooting. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13013 on: December 22, 2015, 09:53:12 am »
I know a lot look at this page that knows our King Ron,[Ron Goff] he went to meet his maker this morning after a long courageous battle with cancer. He was a very good man and very good friend, me and all of the TwinOaks family and friends will miss him greatly. I don't know what else to say but RIP Ron we loved you. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13014 on: December 22, 2015, 10:49:39 am »
It makes me very sad to hear this, Pappy, even though I new it had to happen. The short time I knew Ron I considered him a good Friend and will truly miss him. I hope he is in peace, now, he put up a good fight.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #13015 on: December 22, 2015, 10:52:15 am »
That is sad, sad news.  Top notch fella, Ron.  Always enjoyed my conversations around the campfire with him.  Damn, that's a tough one....
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13016 on: December 23, 2015, 03:49:25 am »
Yes it is Eddie/Matt but from what he has been going through for the last few years and especially the last few month it is a Blessing for him to be at rest. :( I had to get away yesterday so what better place than in the woods, all along and very peaceful. Time to think
about all the good times Ron and I have shared, he will be missed for sure. Seen lots of deer and Turkey, no shots but very soothing for me. Then right at dark we had the most beautiful sun set I believe I have ever seen, may have just been the mood I was in but beautiful just the same. :) Time well spent in my mind. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13017 on: December 23, 2015, 04:40:18 am »
RIP King Ron.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #13018 on: December 23, 2015, 06:40:39 am »
That sunset says it all...
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13019 on: December 23, 2015, 08:03:08 am »
That's just what I thought John, very surreal moment for me in a very good kind of way. Just made me smile.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good