Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694088 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13320 on: March 18, 2016, 05:10:28 am »
Man it is Friday and I am glad, it has been a tough week here at work and then yesterday I am at the cabin cleaning and straighten up the concession and kitchen area to get ready for tomorrow's event and Miss Joanie calls, hot water busted in my basement, well that wouldn't be so bad except it's finished. So I head out and find an inch of water in the whole area. Restoration folks show up and we had to empty it and now all the carpet is pulled and fans and heaters going every where. They have a pod coming to put all my stuff in while they fix the mess, well at least I have good insurance. Now nothing to do there until they finish I am headed to the cabin for a relaxing weekend with friends I hope. Hope yall have a good one. I will have some pictures of the shoot and fun Monday. Trying as it seems to be sometimes.
Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13321 on: March 18, 2016, 09:31:00 am »
That's a real pain Pappy. I had a similar thing last fall but mine was a mouse had gnawed through a cold water pipe and I didn't find out til a few days later. The bad part was it was inside an air duct so all of that had to be replaced. In the words of Grandpa Jones..."life gets tedious sometimes!"
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BearG

« Reply #13322 on: March 18, 2016, 12:07:54 pm »
Bear and Steve  livin large at Twin Oaks!!!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13323 on: March 21, 2016, 04:27:34 am »
Had a great cold weekend, the shoot turned out good for us so all are happy. It was great getting to spend a little time with Bear and Little Steve and also a lot of other good friends that showed up. Sorry I ran off in a hurry this morning without my camera but will have some pictures of the fun in the morning, Life is still good just no pictures today. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13324 on: March 22, 2016, 04:30:32 am »
Like I said great weekend of fun and shooting, don't think I have laughed so much on a shoot as I did Sunday morning, they got me out and laughed so much my stomach hunt. Didn't shoot that well and let Mike beat me but fun all the same, he needed that anyway I usually bet him and it really hurts him when I do. ;) :D :D :D Here are a few pictures, I was busy so my camera man didn't do his job very well but got a few just the same.  >:( ;) :) My gift from Joe, thanks Joe. :) The new TN. Classic buttons came in [Look great] and did get a little time to work on my trade bow.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13325 on: March 22, 2016, 04:34:36 am »
Bear and Steve showed up, Will recovering from surgery, getting some therapy from the fire and lots of stick bows hanging around, as I said in another thread we had a little over 100 shooters and over 85 were Traditional/primitive folks, got to love that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13326 on: March 22, 2016, 04:38:22 am »
Mike showed up, some folks lining up to register and Chuck and Geoffrey getting the kitchen ready for operation. Man they are some good help in the kitchen. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13327 on: March 22, 2016, 04:40:20 am »
Then late we had some fun with the flight shooting. Mostly members and a few guest hung around to shoot. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13328 on: March 22, 2016, 04:53:38 am »
More shooting, we did this until about dark. Sally begging food from Bear like normal. ;) She is pretty good at it. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13329 on: March 22, 2016, 04:59:46 am »
Then some fun around the fire and shop. Chuck got the fire in good shape and also got his second billet cleaned up and ready to cut some splices. My beautiful family closing up registration, man I don't know what I would do without them. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13330 on: March 22, 2016, 08:54:09 am »
Boy, I ready to be there. I hope bear and little Steve( :o ) don't use up all the fun before the rest of us get there.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13331 on: March 22, 2016, 07:20:52 pm »
I don't think they will Pat, they look kinda grumpy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #13332 on: March 22, 2016, 08:35:43 pm »
Great times!  Can't wait for the Classic.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #13333 on: March 22, 2016, 09:32:01 pm »
Steve, will be all smiles once he gets his Sheriffs  badge on and his cute little night stick out for the classic :o :o ;D Bob

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13334 on: March 22, 2016, 10:32:39 pm »
Bob, don't forget your Newcomb's. We'll do some wildflower IDing.