Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4698775 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13590 on: June 13, 2016, 05:14:43 am »
Must not have wasted a second of that weekend.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13591 on: June 13, 2016, 08:45:54 am »
Yep I stayed pretty busy Knoll , but that is the way I like it. Never bored. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #13592 on: June 13, 2016, 09:44:24 am »
Those arrows are looking good! Did you get that from wood on site?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13593 on: June 13, 2016, 10:12:54 am »
No John I traded for them. :) I have traded for a lot over the years and just keep them put away until I need some arrows. Sour wood is my favorite shoot shaft material, I prefer it even over Tonkin or river/switch Cain. Much easier to get a good matched set, at least they are for me. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13594 on: June 13, 2016, 11:14:45 am »
I agree Pappy. Sourwood is my favorite shafting also.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #13595 on: June 13, 2016, 10:46:28 pm »
Looks like a great weekend Pappy!.... I thought you dint like them little bendy handle bows?? Lol... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13596 on: June 14, 2016, 04:09:37 am »
I don't , but it was all the wood I had to work with. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #13597 on: June 15, 2016, 08:43:43 am »
Hey Pappy... Did ya'll change the date for IBO??... It says June in the new PA mag...?? Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13598 on: June 15, 2016, 09:27:07 am »
I know, Miss Marie flubbed the dub. ???  Hope I don't have a bunch show up this weekend, they will be  very disappointed with no targets set up to shoot. ;) :) Good news is, well not really good news but in this situation it is, we don't have many from the PA come to this event anyway. :(  Wished we did but for some reason they seem to shy away from anything that has competition involved they don't seem to realize you can still come shoot and just have fun ,work in the shop or just hang out.  ;) We have a great Hunter Challenge range for any that don't want to shoot in the IBO portion of the event. They can do 1 or the other or both.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #13599 on: June 15, 2016, 12:22:01 pm »
Or they could Shanghai you and all of the participation guys could show up at mojam!!!  :laugh:

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #13600 on: June 15, 2016, 03:23:13 pm »
Hey Pappy am I still alright to come down and work on my bow (or see if Jon is there and can show me how to make a string : ) )? Also I'm happy to help out with whatever y'all need getting ready for IBO. I know with all the rain this week there's probably work to be done, and I don't mind getting started early.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13601 on: June 16, 2016, 04:34:38 am »
I hear ya Patrick, I plan on it someday for sure before I get to old. ;) :) Of course John, we are having a meeting and working Saturday but you are more than welcome to come. Jon will be there Friday evening and Saturday also. We are starting at daylight to try and beat the heat so if no one is in the shop just make yourself at home. :) Hope to get what we want o get done early and then maybe have some time in the shop and relax. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #13602 on: June 16, 2016, 09:18:42 am »
Awesome, and thank you!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13603 on: June 17, 2016, 04:23:50 am »
Friday, yes. We got a meeting and working this weekend so should be busy, got a lot to do to start getting ready for the Traditional world. I have several projects going, 4 bows and 2 dozen sour wood shafts so I have plenty to keep me busy if I get the time. :-\ Hope all you Fathers have a great Father's day. See ya Monday. :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13604 on: June 20, 2016, 04:31:46 am »
Great Father's day weekend, got a lot done around the club and a might fine day Sunday with Miss Joanie/Beau and Christina. Got a new Tree stand from the kids, man they know how to please and old man. After having most of my good one stolen that was much needed. Here are a few pictures of the weekend.  Sister resting, she does a lot of that.  ;) Got another 18 shoot shafts started and well on their way to being arrows and also another Osage bow floor tillered, I have 4 bows in the works just need to get in the mood to finish tillering them. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good