Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4698287 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13770 on: August 15, 2016, 04:14:41 am »
Yep, the horse thieving Baggett's from across the river. I gave their Daddy that name 25 + years ago and the kids and grandkids are following right in his foot steps. ;) ;D ;D ;D They are coming along nice with their club, they say they want to be like TwinOaks and I told them if they can stay focused and dedicated for about 20 + years they will get there. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13771 on: August 15, 2016, 07:24:27 am »
I'd say that's the nicest knife I've seen you make, Mark. Really like that one.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13772 on: August 15, 2016, 01:14:47 pm »
Nice caramel colored powderhorn, Pappy!  Looks like generations of good solid use to come!!!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13773 on: August 15, 2016, 01:50:27 pm »
Pappy +2 on the Dick being a true American Hero. He told us where he served after we asked, not sure we should have done that hope that's all right to do, we really wanted him to know how much we appreciated his service. He told how he was playing football in high school one week next thing he was in the war. He talked about the battle of the bulge and how we almost lost that how cold it was and improper clothes the frostbite in his hands from holding the guns. Very obvious how vivid all his memories were. Pappy my buddy retired army is coming in 2 days to visit from Clarksville. He's never seen anything but pictures of my primitive stuff but he liked it. If it's ok I'd like to show him some pictures of Twim Oaks and if he's interested  suggest he stop by.
Thank You all you vets young or old may you all know there's still a lot of people out here you may never hear say it but we truly Thank You for your sacrifice
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #13774 on: August 15, 2016, 10:10:25 pm »
Great pics! And that is a sweet knife there Pappy 👍... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13775 on: August 16, 2016, 03:58:44 am »
Thanks guys, I kind of like how it turned out also. bj I think it is fine, he carries a card that tells all the battles he was in, Dave said he use to never talk about it but seems to more now as he has gotten older, I think he was in 5 major engagements through out the war. Yes tell your friend to come visit anytime. I am there most weekends. I will be gone the 27/28 of August with Miss Joanie to celebrate or 43 rd wedding anniversary ;) :) :) but other than that I should be there Friday evening and Saturday most every weekend, Love to meet him. ;) I got another side quiver made yesterday, used an old  dark fired Tobacco stick for the frame on this one, pretty cool,that should do it, 3 will be enough and also another powder horn started, don't know how many of these things I am going to make, :-\ just love fooling with them, Guess until I run out of horn. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #13776 on: August 16, 2016, 10:01:54 am »
Shoot down in Vanleer was purty good Mark. I see Goober gave yer cat back. Nice to close their year on a good showing by folks. Saw Dan but missed you. Like to stop down before I head out west for September. Bring an Elk steak for yer pit before I leave.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13777 on: August 17, 2016, 04:20:57 am »
Any time Shawn except the weekend of the 27th, be gone that weekend. Ya Goober said it went well and they made a little change to get them through the winter. ;) I know we had a good time. :) I spent the evening working on Turkey feathers for my new hunting arrows, I have plenty of arrows but always like to make a new set for the starting of the season which will be here before you know it. ??? These will be some footed shafts Colene gifted me several years back at the Classic, they are Poplar shafts with purple heart for shafts. They were to heavy in spline so I worked them down with a scrapper and got them to the spline I needed. I have some 190 and 160 grain trade points I plan on mounting one or the other depending on which flies the best. Should be cool looking and come in around 550 to 600 grains , just what I like. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #13778 on: August 17, 2016, 08:36:53 am »
They sound like heavy 4 legged bean-eater medicine?

Yeah, the Horse thieves kept them wheely bow guys there a looooong time shooting two man teams. Smart, cuz it took forever and they sold out all their drinks and most food. Folks still there near dark. I bet they mad a good jag of $. Good fer em!

I am dreading pulling out all my junk for the trip to MT. Will leave right after the I-70 Labor Day madness is over for the high country. The weather where I hunt this week will get frost this week up 8000ft so the Elk will start getting girly soon. Been aweful dry out there from Black Hills west I hear. Maybe setting up on water or wallow the first week?

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13779 on: August 18, 2016, 04:15:40 am »
 Good luck in MT. Shawn  :) Man I don't think the rain is every going to stop here, it rained 20 days in July and almost every day in August, well at least the ponds are full. I had some time in the shop yesterday, got [YES] another powder horn in the work but also got my arrows sealed and ready to start fletching. I split 36 Turkey feathers and got about half of them sanded down. Hope to start fletching by this weekend, so I guess the rain is good for something, it keeps me in the shop. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #13780 on: August 18, 2016, 09:38:13 am »
Yes

I need to split, chop and sand some quills myself. Just did my buddy's from Eddyville arrows for Idaho 5" blue and wild. He shot them at BH last Sat and they flew fine. We had already checked flight at his place with BH's as well. That same fella told me he got a bunch of Rattlers in his freezer:) I was like "huh"? Told him to "pony them jokers up and I will skin em out and see what he's got"! Will take a peek at them on the 27th Aug.

I been seeing tons of late drop spotted deer everywhere at my place and up towards Guthrie, I mean oodles of them!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13781 on: August 19, 2016, 03:29:35 am »
Careful on the skins, illegal in TN. ;) :) :) Friday and I can wait to get out of here, headed to the farm for some relaxing and working on a few projects. I got all my feathers done yesterday so now need to bare shaft the new arrows and then on to fletching if all goes well with the bare shafting. Also got the end cap in my new horn and ready to drill the pour hole. It is getting time to get ready for deer season and I dug out 4 stands that still have the old cables, plan on putting chains on them this weekend also. It is supposed to rain all weekend so will be a good time for that. On a side note I was out looking for Sister yesterday[ya she is a runner] >:( and stopped to look at some white oks that I hunt pretty regular, they are full but lots already on the ground, seem about 3 weeks early, strange times we are living in, nothing seem to be as it has always been. ??? :-\ Guess we will just have to adjust. ;) Hope yall have a good one. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #13782 on: August 19, 2016, 07:16:35 pm »
Think the snakes are all from out west. In his icebox in KY. Will skin em out soon. Try and stop down on Sat?

Did Sister come back in the fold?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13783 on: August 21, 2016, 07:06:04 am »
Ya had a good time Friday and Saturday, the weekend was cut short Saturday morning with the passing of MaMa, Miss Joanie's mother passes, wonderful woman . A man couldn't have ask for a better Mother inlaw, she loved me and I loved her. She will be greatly missed. She was 83 and been in my life for a little over 50 years. 😞 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Otis

« Reply #13784 on: August 21, 2016, 07:49:28 am »
Pappy, sorry to hear about Joanie's mother.  Tell her we are praying for her in this time of loss. Give her a big hug from me.

David