Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4654674 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1380 on: May 05, 2008, 01:26:15 pm »
Dana, glad to see you made it home safe. 
We kind of give the impression that all Greg does is eat.  I would like to set the record straight.  He is one of the hardest working guys around.  You just cant hardly get him to stand still long enough for a picture if he isn't sitting down to eat.  ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1381 on: May 05, 2008, 01:31:48 pm »
It does take a lot of fuel to run a fine tuned engine like Greg. He diserves enerything he eats. ;D...except maybe those extra disserts. ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1382 on: May 05, 2008, 01:41:59 pm »
Yea greg works hard, he seems to be everywhere at once in the shop, but I can't hepl but have some fun
with him. Gregs a good un fer sure eh :)

I have to say that Tiller sure impressed me he turned out a couple of real nice bows, and he weathered a whole bunch
of wise cracks about smell so nice, I think it was Gardenia's >:D  ;) ;D I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet him, he's also
pretty good knapper too.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline EagleTexas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1383 on: May 05, 2008, 03:03:51 pm »
Pappy

Thank you and all the Twin Oaks folks for preparing so well and caring so much for all the attendees. It was a fabulous event! I thank each of you also for looking after the Primitive Archer Team including Susannah & Julia Rose.  I speak for our whole team when I say that we are blessed to be a small part of this gathering. This time I got to finish the bow I started last year and spend time shooting it along with my grand daughters, Julia Rose and Susannah, and their new gift bows. Some of us had to leave Saturday nite for flights across the country but each of us was already thinking about next year.   

You all are very special.

monroe

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1384 on: May 05, 2008, 03:08:28 pm »
I had to laugh at a couple of those pic's with me eating...I do enjoy it so! ;D Dana, you have my permission (not that it's needed) to bring some more of those pasties back with you next year...the eating kind, not the wearing kind! ;D

Thanks for taking up for me Justin, hope you can make it next year along with Marius and hopefully Medicine Wheel.

Back to the eatin' topic...maybe now that you guys have experienced some of Grants (CastIron) cookin', you know why I like to eat at the club like I do! He and several other club members spent a lot of time making sure there was some good vittles for everyone, and my hat is off to them! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #1385 on: May 05, 2008, 03:19:52 pm »
Hey the painted chalkboard was AWESOME.  Do we have a pic of that?  I think Keith's wife hand painted that!  If anyone has a pic please post it.  It was so great to have the different events going on posted there.  Pappy, Greg, King Knothead, Anthony, Keith, Grant, and all the others did a fabulous job of organizing some different gatherings that people could join in or just watch.  And what about the trading that went on Saturday.  There was some amazing stuff laid out for trade. 
Pappy, Thanks!  oh and of course a big thanks to Miss JoanieB.  Her smile just warms the heart.   ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Dingleberry

« Reply #1386 on: May 05, 2008, 07:24:17 pm »
We're not worthy!!!   Thanks Pappy and Twin Oaks staff for another excellent event. The food, the people, the course, the workshop, the portajons, etc.......A lot of love of archery was put into this event and I thank you again.  To all those people from PA that I failed to meet or talk to; sorry.  I'm afraid I got sucked into the knapping pit and did not get out much. ;D  next year.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1387 on: May 05, 2008, 10:03:14 pm »
  Great pictures Dana, now we know where all the Collard greens went. David, I have to agree with Pat. You are a good sport and a good guy to boot. I'd be happy to call you a friend. Dang, you smell good too, sorry, couldn't help it, ;) Pappy, and all the Twin Oaks group, thank's for the hospitality and fun.  Knothead, I also want to say thanks for the June Bug Marinade, ;D You to Shannon. And Pappy i'll for sure take you up on the invite next year. Well here are the rest of my pictures.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:13:07 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1388 on: May 05, 2008, 10:06:40 pm »
 Some more, The last pictures are of leapingbare and Barry McCall making pine pitch.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline RG

« Reply #1389 on: May 05, 2008, 11:29:30 pm »
 :) No problem Mullet you can come back and eat june bugs at our place any time Great meeting you my friend
 ;D

Ron

Offline Don Wilson

« Reply #1390 on: May 06, 2008, 12:13:48 am »

Offline Don Wilson

« Reply #1391 on: May 06, 2008, 12:16:19 am »

Offline Don Wilson

« Reply #1392 on: May 06, 2008, 12:17:23 am »

Offline Don Wilson