Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669879 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14145 on: November 21, 2016, 07:27:32 am »
Looks like you had as much fun watching them as the scouts had being there Pappy. I'm sure all will remember the experience for a long time.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14146 on: November 21, 2016, 08:05:50 am »
Yes BJ, I really enjoy this troop, I have others that weren't so good  :( but this bunch has some great leaders that keep them in line most of the time, we all know boys will be boy and that is fine, even welcomed, but all are very respectful and listen when the leader talk without any back talk. :o  Got to love that now days, gives me hope. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14147 on: November 21, 2016, 08:26:11 am »
👍😊 I know what it's like trying to keep a group of kids even good ones interested and respectful. It can be quite a challenge in patience and wit. It's so great to have that kind of group it only take one wise guy or girl to really make what can be a very rewarding experience into total frustration.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #14148 on: November 21, 2016, 09:57:01 am »
Had a blast this weekend Pappy. Glad I could show them a new skill.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14149 on: November 21, 2016, 01:29:20 pm »
It's good to know there will be a few young ones that will be able to take care of themselves.

And it's starting to look like a habit with Sweetpea showing up when young boys are there ;). Hang on for the ride, Michael. ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #14150 on: November 21, 2016, 01:43:45 pm »
I enjoyed that post today, Pappy.  Fun to see the shelters they built.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14151 on: November 22, 2016, 04:11:26 am »
Ya it was a great time, Eddie that is the Original Sweet Pee, Scott's little girl,[young lady now] Megan , Michael's daughter has gotten really busy lately[boys/school/skating/ and I hadn't seen much of her in a while, hope she gets over it soon and comes back to visit. ;) :) :) Jimmy sent me a picture yesterday # 10, yep I would say his freezer is full. ;) :) Must be nice to be retired. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14152 on: November 22, 2016, 04:33:24 am »
Always good to see those "Young Uns" outside enjoying Themselves ! Good on You Pappy for offering them a place to learn about the Great Outdoors  - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14153 on: November 22, 2016, 07:44:14 am »
Dang, getting old and forgetful, Pappy. And those girls are growing up, hard to keep track of them.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14154 on: November 22, 2016, 07:59:46 am »
I feel very Blessed Bob in having a place to share with the kids, friends and others.  :) I hear ya Eddie, yes they are growing up way to quick, just like ours did. ??? They both promised when they were young they will never forget me, but I am sure they will, at least for a while, they most all do at that age. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #14155 on: November 22, 2016, 09:08:05 pm »
Good stuff Pappy
Glad to see ya at it and them youngens enjoying life
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14156 on: November 23, 2016, 05:13:27 am »
Good to hear from you Guy, you are in my thought and prayers daily. ;) Well this is Friday for me. Thanksgiving tomorrow and took off Friday. YES, I plan on heading to the cabin this evening and hope to hunt , then Beau and I always Hunt Thanksgiving morning before the family gathering in the afternoon, Thanksgiving morning has been really good to him over the years so hope it is the same in the morning. :) I put up a new stand Monday evening in a really good looking spot so I plan on letting him try it out tomorrow morning, he loves new , first time hunted stands.  :) If all goes well after Thanksgiving I plan on heading back for more hunting/cutting and processing meat and may start on a couple of European mounts I am doing for Beau and Det Detwiller, my bosses grandson. Hope yall have a good one also. Have a great thanksgiving, lots to be thankful for at least for me their is. ;) :)       
Life is Good. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #14157 on: November 23, 2016, 08:55:14 am »
Would like to wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14158 on: November 23, 2016, 09:28:42 am »
Happy Thanks Givings to all. Safe travels if you are traveling and don't eat too much....right!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14159 on: November 25, 2016, 05:36:00 am »
Had a great Thanksgiving, now headed back to the stand in a few minutes, hope y'all have a great weekend. Life is Good. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good