Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4706767 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #14235 on: December 20, 2016, 03:45:50 am »
Nothing cuter, than a picture of a Child and Dog ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14236 on: December 20, 2016, 04:37:35 am »
You got that right Bob, Child and Dogs [most] ;) ;D ;D  both make me smile and being around either will make me have a better day.  :) Spent a little time in the shop with my dogs yesterday, man it was cold but you seem to get use to it after a while. I have them fixed up in a very nice dog house, no heat but filled with straw and cedar shaving and they seem to be doing just fine. Everyone tries to make me feel bad and say bring them inside, but they are outside dogs and are doing OK where they are, don't think they would come in if I tried to get them to. I did manage to get another knife started, you know I need one of them. ::) and a start on tuning my new arrows Dan traded me. Looks like the weather is supposed to mellow some as the week moves on so maybe I can get them finished by next weeks hunt. :-\ Really looking forward to that with Beau and Gary and most likely Jon and Grant will show up so that will be a good week for sure. ;) :) Nothing more special that Bow hunting and fellowship with family and good friends. :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #14237 on: December 20, 2016, 11:19:27 am »
Sounds good to me.

Still holed up with this Tick Fever. Snuck out when Mama went to shooping to grab this really nice Ironwood I found a month ago. Cold and not a far carry out but a really nice log. Split in cold with couple whacks. Ought to work, think I see a bow in there somewhere.

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline StumblyRhino

« Reply #14238 on: December 20, 2016, 11:43:45 am »
Nice log!
Go Badgers!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14239 on: December 21, 2016, 04:30:52 am »
Good looking HHB Shawn, that should make a bow or 2. Bumped a bunch of deer yesterday going into the stand, seen nothing after that but had a beautiful chilly evening. The wind settled and it was very peaceful just setting and watching, of course it would have been better if the deer cooperated , maybe today. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #14240 on: December 21, 2016, 03:29:05 pm »
My young hunter Nolen been hunting my place since I am out with the Fever. He tells me he's seeing all the does and younguns all together in large groups 10-15 deer. He's seen Yotes actively chasing deer in twos and three's. He was able to take one Howler,  so that makes four so far and we have not really even started hunting them yet. We have given all fox and bocats a pass this year.

That tree was about 25ft with a 78" straight section and yielded four staves, two were chioce. Never scraped out bow with HHB but I am guessing it will have to have a profile simlar to Winged Elm but no interlocking grain?

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14241 on: December 22, 2016, 04:48:47 am »
I fine it to be somewhere between Osage and Hickory Shawn as far as lay out, best white wood going IMHO.  No deer yesterday evening but man the Tree Rats were out in force, it must be the rut for them, I haven't see them like that since back in early November. Need to break out the 22 and fill the freezer. ;) :) I hope to get one more day  hunting in before the Christmas activities begin, can hardly wait, I just love this time of year. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #14242 on: December 22, 2016, 10:37:22 am »
I am with you pappy. I think of this cool weather all spring and summer. Just wish it would start in OCT like days of old! Maybe next season. Still was a grand season. I enjoy seeing your guys busy like squirrels skinning, dropping off donated meat, fleashing hide, boning quarters. It reminds my of my youth in our hunt camp in Rangely Maine with those tough old timers with big bore lever guns. It really is special, I like just sitting back and taking TO in. Guess it's easy sometimes for some to take it for granted or just get caught up. Thanks to ya-all for creating such a big tent for guys like us!

Merry Christmas
Shawn~

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14243 on: December 23, 2016, 05:21:05 am »
Merry Christmas to all my friends, hope you all have a Blessed Christmas, hope you get everything you need and maybe some of what you want, and a great up coming 2017. ;) :) The years really fly by it seems. ???  I am headed home today and Miss Joanie and I are going to do some final shopping, also some shopping for supplies for next week at the Cabin. I will head down on the morning of the 26th and hope to get some hunting in and I am sure some shop projects worked on. Beau [my son] and Gary Davis are coming down to stay and hunt so I am sure we will have a great time, probably be a few more in and out, I think John is coming for a few days and Grant will be there I am sure. :) Michael said something about coming for a few days also, hope he can make it. :)We will eat good and just might arrow something, you just never know. ;) :) :) Again I hope everyone has a great one. See ya next year. ;) :)
Life is truly Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14244 on: December 23, 2016, 07:28:46 am »
A very Merry Christmas to you and yours and a fantastic New Year Pappy. Wish Gary a Merry Christmas for me to from the short guy with the rawhide backed ash bow that lost to him in the second round of the jug shoot at Marshall. That was the highlight of my weekend when he came up to me shook my hand and looked at my bow. He's not just a tall man I think he's probably one of those giants Scott was talking about
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14245 on: December 23, 2016, 07:56:52 am »
Ya he is a great guy and very good friend that has done a lot for the self bow world for sure and has taught me a lot. We always have a great together. He and Beau always have some great debates around the fire, :o  it is the one time I make an exception to my rule no religion and politics around my fire , complete opposite in most of or thinking on Religion and politics but some how manage to get along. :-\  Funny how this stuff brings folks together. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14246 on: December 23, 2016, 09:08:59 pm »
Merry Christmas Pappy,  Miss Joannie, Beau, and Christina and all of the Twin Oaks gang. And good luck to the "yankees" and y'all hunting next week.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14247 on: December 24, 2016, 04:09:38 am »
Merry Christmas to You and Yours Pappy and the whole PA Family ! I owe anything I know or learned about Selfbows to Gary, and am honored to be able to call Him a Friend now. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline GlennM

« Reply #14248 on: December 24, 2016, 09:24:03 am »
Merry Christmas Pappy! I'm sure going to miss coming own this year, but my week off filled up with other commitments before I could blink. We are going out with Dave and  Barb for a nice dinner on Tuesday night. I've got a couple of knife projects going that I'd like to finish. Best oflucknthe new year.

Glenn

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #14249 on: December 24, 2016, 11:36:14 am »
Merry Christmas to all! Take time to count your Blessings folks 😄😉👍.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....