Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4696022 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14400 on: January 30, 2017, 05:50:05 am »
Big limbs  down and cut up for fire wood. Little John getting ready to shoot his new Flint lock. Always take a little time for fun. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14401 on: January 30, 2017, 05:53:27 am »
First shot, went fine, just a little slow. :) Taking out one of the support post that is no longer needed. My niece Issy came to visit, she loves Sister.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14402 on: January 30, 2017, 05:57:46 am »
Kitchen all framed, old wall torn out and dried in. Ready for wiring outside walls and insulation. We had a good weekend and all is coming together, if we don't hit any big snags we should have the kitchen completed by the first of March as scheduled. :-\  Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14403 on: January 30, 2017, 06:59:53 am »
Wow!   That was a busy weekend at Twin Oaks.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #14404 on: January 30, 2017, 07:42:40 am »
I just wanted to say, you left some states out and added a couple that border Tenn.  (I had to go on the internet and look it up)That being said, I love it. I have always wanted to do some skrim, and yours looks just great. Using a map on the horn is a wonderful and classic thing to do. Many kudos! Oh, and p.s. The abr. for Arkansas was probably Ak. before Alaska joined the union. Back when we were in school. Also I don't think you can see S.C. or Ill. from Tenn. Not even from Rocky Top, but you can see Virginia and Missouri.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14405 on: January 30, 2017, 08:19:51 am »
Hummmm , geography was never my long suite.  ;) :) :) I just ask Siri on my fancy dancy phone and you are correct Chief Virginia/Missouri , No SC. or IL. I will check better on the next one and not take the advice of some of the guys at the club, Geography must not be their long suit either.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #14406 on: January 30, 2017, 10:52:01 am »
As always any weekend at Twin Oaks is a good weekend.

Pappy took some video of me shooting the flintlock.

It's on youtube. I don't think there are ads but in case there are here's a link in code.

Code: [Select]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3DiExjmZTQ
Totally fired on the first shot yep don't even ask about it cause Pappy will tell you the same.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #14407 on: January 30, 2017, 02:30:03 pm »
Pappy lookin at you conc. pour and chuckling to my self. No frost blankets on ground prior to pour and no blankets after pour, Do you goes add calcium to your winter pours to help set up faster and anti freeze to evaporate water so won't freeze before set up, Gotta love winter time construction :o ;D Sure glad I'm retired, I only fight the elements now if I want to. Later Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14408 on: January 31, 2017, 04:32:04 am »
Bob we add calcium sometimes but most of the time it's not necessary, it was in the low 40's when we poured and didn't get below freezing for 3 or 4 days after. Got lucky, it's not always that warm this time of year, we were more worried about rain but got lucky on that also. Ya I thought Little John was going to hyperventilate as he was loading it the first time, I was looking for a brown sack for him to breath in. ;) :) Shaking like a coon  [fill in the blank] peach seeds. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14409 on: January 31, 2017, 04:52:55 am »
The Horn turned out good Pappy - glad the bag worked out for You ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14410 on: January 31, 2017, 05:28:39 am »
Yes Bob , the bag works great. I used it yesterday to do some drilling on another horn, much better that trying to clamp one in a vice. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14411 on: January 31, 2017, 06:25:03 pm »
Whoa! there should be a lot of room in the kitchen now. At some moments with everyone doing their thing at the Classic it was like playing Twister ;D. And the horn looks great.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14412 on: January 31, 2017, 06:53:55 pm »
Looks great Pappy. I'm sure it'll be like everything else. You'll have twice as much room but it'll all get filled up and used. In a couple years you'll wonder how you ever got along with the old kitchen.
Looks like sister turned out to be a keeper.😊
My geography of state boarder really gets complicated. Between Great Lakes, Canada, and boardering States a powder horn could get kinda busy.lol.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14413 on: February 01, 2017, 04:37:09 am »
Ya it looks big now and we are doing some things that will help with the room, but as you said by the time we get everything back in and the new stuff added it won't look so big.  ??? We are adding a big/deep double sink and also a deep fryer , and also cabinets so we can store or supplies up off the floor to make it easier to keep clean. Yep Sister is coming along nicely, still wanders now and then but not bad/don't stay gone long and not to far away.  ;) :) Got 2 more horns in the works but really getting the urge to get back to my bows/arrows, plus I am running out of horns. ::) ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #14414 on: February 01, 2017, 12:20:59 pm »
Pappy:
The "New and Improved 100% Larger" Kitchen is looking real good.

What does Chuck call that style of knife he is making???  They look cool.

Thanks
David
David Key / N.W. Alabama