Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4655013 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15930 on: June 26, 2018, 05:33:36 am »
Little John and Brandon starting their first bow, they caught on to ring chasing pretty quick. ;) Got Brandon's roughed out and ready for the form, Little John still has some work to do on his. :o I got one of the Osage I have been working on tillered out to 48@26, shot in, grip wrap on and ready for some finish work. ;) Nice shooter. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15931 on: June 26, 2018, 05:38:23 am »
I got 2 bows and 12 arrows ready for my trip so far. Beginning to get things together. Seems like a long time but I only have 2 months, we are leaving Sept. 5 and be back on the 20th if all goes well and still have a lot left to do. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #15932 on: June 26, 2018, 12:23:20 pm »
Hey I'll get there. I got 90 days till hunting season.

: )

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #15933 on: June 27, 2018, 10:05:33 am »
Have a safe successful trip Pappy.Looks like your ready if the game your after is.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15934 on: June 28, 2018, 06:07:32 am »
Ya getting there ED, still a couple of months out so now I need to work on this old body of mine, my son is 32 and a marathon runner/biker/swimmer and hiker so I sure don't want him to walk me in the ground. ;) :)Fathers Pride I guess  ::) Been a hot week here so I have been working on some ax handles and fro handle in the shop, having fun under the fans. We had our weekly club shoot last evening and it was well attended, so glad we started this, it is great to shoot and fellowship on a weekly basic. Lot of years we all kind of go our separate ways when the main shoots are over but this really keeps us together.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #15935 on: June 28, 2018, 10:09:17 am »
Personally I think you'll do fine Pappy.Walking slowly will be the best to conceal movement anyway.The real work begins when you get one down anyway,but it's happy work!!!!
Hotter than a firecracker here lately too.Hope to get inbetween those hot fronts and enjoy a cool event.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15936 on: June 29, 2018, 06:08:37 am »
Ya been hot here also Ed, hopefully by Sept. it will cool down some in CO. ;) Friday and headed to the cabin in a little while, got lots to to to get ready for 3 loads of Gravel coming this morning, also cutting post for new add on to the pavilion on the north side of the cabin, we plan on adding 40 more feet to it. Always something it seems. It is supposed to be hot so we will see how the post cutting goes. :-\ I got plenty to do if it is to hot out in the weather. We are also having a surprise going away party for Hunter Collingsworth [Brian's son] Saturday evening, he was raised in the club and we will miss him for sure. :(  He is headed to boot camp [Army] the 3rd of July and we want to wish him well and send him off knowing we all care and appreciate what is is doing for all of us. ;)  Hope y'all have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15937 on: July 02, 2018, 06:14:30 am »
Great weekend, hot but fun. Got some shooting and shop work done, also the going away party for Hunter was great and very much a surprise to him. !!! we wish him well and will miss him for sure. I will have some pictures up as soon as I can get the downsized. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15938 on: July 03, 2018, 04:37:54 am »
Still hot , but what the heck it is Summer in Tennessee. ;) Here are a few pictures of the weekend. Made a handle for my Fro. I know it is supposed to be made like a pick or hawk handle but the guy that made it made the Eye the same top and bottom and not tapered , so I mounted it like an ax with a wedge. Not accurate but works very well. :) My girls trying to stay cool in the sawdust. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15939 on: July 03, 2018, 04:40:17 am »
Bill making some tip overlays out of some old Elk horn. Bill also cleaned and refurbished one of our old forms, it had got in pretty bad shape from many years of use. ???  I am putting a handle on an old hatchet head Shawn gifted me, he found it in a sand bar on red river. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15940 on: July 03, 2018, 04:45:10 am »
Bill and Big A doing some napping. Hatchet head mounted/sanded and ready to seal. Turned out pretty good. :) I also started another handle for an old AX head I was gifted or picked up somewhere, I have forgotten where it came from. Imagine that.  :o
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15941 on: July 03, 2018, 04:48:05 am »
Ax handle all laid out and ready to fit the head. Bill and Linda went shroom hunting and found quite a bunch, they are everywhere this year. Allen came in with a little forge he has made. Can't wait to try it out. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15942 on: July 03, 2018, 04:50:47 am »
This little forge should work well. Hope yall had a good one also. Now headed to the farm to see what I might get into today. Planning on doing some hiking with my pack this morning before it gets to hot. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15943 on: July 03, 2018, 05:24:50 am »
Thanks for sharing Pappy ! Have a safe 4th  :OK - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #15944 on: July 03, 2018, 06:48:30 am »
Found some nice ones. They were all giants at peak. Good time early morning hunting!

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW