Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4678649 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18315 on: August 16, 2021, 08:34:45 am »
You bet Bob. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18316 on: August 20, 2021, 08:13:29 am »
Headed to the farm, got a big weekend coming up, or last big event for they year, where has this year went  :-\ Still got a few thing to get done so we are ready but mostly just small stuff, may even get some time to shoot and a little shop time, always need a little of that. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18317 on: August 22, 2021, 10:40:36 pm »
Had a great weekend, the shoot had a very low turn out but with all the rain it was not a suprize. We got a lot of rain Friday night but not like all around us, some places with in a few miles got 15/16 inches, roads flooded everywhere so we felt Blessed to get by as good as we did. It was fun all the same and those that did come out seemed to have a good time. We appreciate all that did come visit.We have had a very Blessed year at TwinOaks so no room for complaints. :) :) Did get a few things done in the shop and also had time to shoot the course wit Beau/Margaret Ann and Bodhi, made for a great day rain or shine. ;) :) My next knife project in the works and putting together my big knife. Got it all fitted/glued up and finish on. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18318 on: August 22, 2021, 10:43:27 pm »
Got the butt plate on and pinned, also found a nice piece of ERC fence post for the stand. I helped Shawn cut the splice on his next Osage. Turned out nice and fit good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18319 on: August 22, 2021, 10:49:26 pm »
A day of gifts, A good friend of mine in MI. I call Yankee Bob, some here will know him heard me say I would love to have a Henry 22 lever action, well he sent one to me by Grant that saw him at the Long bow shoot the week after Elm Hall, man what a gift, Thanks Bob, love it. This will be one to pass down for sure. Got my big knife all finished up, I liked the way it turned out. Then just waiting for the rain to Stop Saturday morning where we can get the shoot going.  :) Mike doing what he does best, sitting. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18320 on: August 22, 2021, 10:58:11 pm »
Still raining, Then I get home Sunday Morning and Miss Joanie says I have a package, it was from my other old friend in MI. named Bob [chamookman] on here. I guess it is something about Bob's and MI.  ??? ;) :) He had ask me a while back if I if I had one of the old original Primitive Archer T shirts and I didn't, although I knew the guy that started Primitive archer magazine I didn't get a shirt, now I have one !!!!! Many thanks Bob, he also sent along with it a Marshall T shirt, I will wear both with pride.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18321 on: August 22, 2021, 11:06:19 pm »
Then as if the day couldn't get better, Margaret Ann came in 3rd in the pee wees , she shot ok for 3 but most of all we had a great time in the woods together, looking forward to many more with her/Bodhi and what ever this next one is going to be, ::) Good Lord willing, they haven't found out about it, I told them I just hope is is healthy and one or the other. ;) :)  Hope yall had a good one also, rain or shine Life is Good. :) ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 11:10:44 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18322 on: August 23, 2021, 12:07:29 am »
I was concerned this evening when I saw on the News about the heavy rain in Tennessee. I've been in Tennessee during a 3 day, 14" rain camping trip.  (A)   (R   (W  Glad you guys just got wet. Margaret Ann sure growing up quick. I can see both Mom and Dad in that face.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18323 on: August 23, 2021, 03:40:16 am »
Boy, that Girl is really gettin' Big ! Pretty cool She has a Great Papa ! Glad You like the Shirts - I too was worried when I saw the Flood reports, glad all is well   (=). Thanks as always, for sharing Your Bounty with Us Pappy - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18324 on: August 25, 2021, 08:30:34 am »
Ya Bob they grow up quick, thanks again for the t shirts , love them both. Had a good day trip with Miss Joanie yesterday , our anniversary 48 years of marriage, we have been a couple for 55 years, that just don't seem possible  ??? ;) :) not sure how she has put of with me that long but so far she has. :) We went all up through SW KY. beautiful country and also through Land between the lakes. Just a good long ride with just me and her. Loved it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18325 on: August 25, 2021, 09:38:59 am »
Happy anniversary Miss Joanie and Pappy.  Quite an accomplishment these days. :OK
 Did you bring back any old goodies from KY like you usually do?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline gifford

« Reply #18326 on: August 25, 2021, 10:39:54 am »
Congrats Pappy and Miss Joanie. The Land Between The Lakes is beautiful.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #18327 on: August 25, 2021, 05:28:52 pm »
Happy Anniversary Pappy n Miss Joanie!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18328 on: August 26, 2021, 08:54:58 am »
Thanks Guys, no Pat by going through the week and this crazy virus most of the places we usually go to was closed, just done a lot of riding/talking and looking, good time all the same. Along with being husband and wife we are also best friends, being together so long she knows me like a open book and I know her pretty well  ??? :-\ we have a great time when it is just us together talking.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18329 on: August 29, 2021, 04:33:14 pm »
Great weekend, mostly knife work for me and some shooting and getting some stuff ready for the up coming bow season, it opens on the 25th SEPT. So won't be long before it is here and gone again. Had a good friend ask if I wanted a long splitter that was in his Mom's garage , she had passed and he had no need for it, said it hadn't been run in years, with a new crank assy. and a little TLC on the gas tank and carburetor. it runs like new. Got my latest blade heat treated and tempered, and handle fitted, just couldn't decide on the handle, leg bone or antler. Decided on Antler on this one. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 05:00:54 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good