Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4697084 times)

Offline GlennM

Re: Life is good
« Reply #18645 on: February 01, 2022, 08:03:56 am »
I saw this cool knife stand yesterday.  Uses those really strong earth magnets embedded into the wood of the stand.  Might have to try one of these.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18646 on: February 01, 2022, 08:15:05 am »
Wow Glenn that is cool, trying to figure out how they done that  :-\ I really like making stands for my knives,and like to make them all a little different, just what ever comes to mind when I start one, no plan as with most of my stuff.  ;) :) wished i could make sheaths also but for some reason other than just a really simple one I can't get motivated to get into leather work, maybe someday.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #18647 on: February 01, 2022, 09:36:52 am »
In the top and bottom of the stand (above and below the blade), they add 3-4 earth magnets, them plug the hole with a wood patch.  I like using the antler plaques as well, but I think the "floating" knife stand would really catch someone's eye for an auction item.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18648 on: February 01, 2022, 11:28:06 am »
That is pretty cool and a beautiful knife to. Wondering how long it’ll be till we see a stand like that on forged in fire? That knife would probably spin effortlessly.

Bjrogg

PS don’t think it will work with my stone  knives.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18649 on: February 02, 2022, 08:25:59 am »
Don't think so either BJ. ;) :) started cleaning and straightening the shop yesterday to get ready for the Classic, it get's pretty cluttered over the years and need to get an early start, got one small section cleared and re stacked yesterday and looks like I will have more time the next few day because the rain is here, supposed to rain and some ice the next 3 days, we cut some wood yesterday and planned on downing a couple big trees today around the Cabin but with the rain that has changed , so back to shop cleaning, yall stay dry.  ;)  Also Jon made a sign for the work shop, need to get that up , most that have been there knows where it is going.  ;) Thanks Jon , it is prefect !!!!
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #18650 on: February 02, 2022, 10:21:33 am »
I love the sign!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18651 on: February 02, 2022, 10:25:53 am »
Cool sign Jon made. Sure will be different without Gary there but I'm sure he will be looking down with a big smile on his face and a heavenly Dr. Pepper in his hand.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18652 on: February 02, 2022, 06:53:41 pm »
That’s real nice. I never got to see him there, but I did meet him at Marshall a couple times.
Have to get to your farm someday and see his spot there. I’m sure it’s sacred ground to many he helped.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18653 on: February 03, 2022, 04:00:07 am »
I'm sure Gary is Smiling - GREAT sign! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18654 on: February 03, 2022, 09:03:58 am »
Yes Bob, I think he would like it. He meant so much to me, all the guys/gals at TwinOaks and many many more around the country we just wanted to do something. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18655 on: February 04, 2022, 08:02:28 am »
Cold/snow and freezing rain this morning, headed to the farm to see how all is holding up down there, it will be a challenge to get a good fire today but bet I can do it, ??? ;) :) this will be a weekend in the shop for sure. Got lots of Hickory staves to work on for the Classic. Hope yall have a good one. Life is good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18656 on: February 04, 2022, 10:33:42 am »
Looked like Nashville was getting pretty good ice storm yesterday. Hope all it well at the farm.
 Out snow finally melted after 2 days and over 4" of warm rain. Now our driveway is like walking on Jello.
 Pappy, just use Chucks method of fire starting.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #18657 on: February 04, 2022, 11:19:45 am »
We missed getting any rain but got a new 8 inchs of very light drifting and now have 22 " covering the ground, If ya decide to take a hike ya better be ready for a real workout. Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18658 on: February 06, 2022, 07:10:20 pm »
Had a great weekend, it was cold, never got out of the high 20's but we got by just fine. Got a lot done in the shop and shot the practice range 2 times with good friends. Here are a few pictures. Got a good fire going, nothing like diesel fuel, Gary Davis told me one time i wouldn't be welcome in his son Steve's T Pee with my fire starting method , I told him I bet I would if it was really cold and all the wood was wet.  ;) :) :) :) Also got some work done on the Hickory staves for the Classic, we got 7 done so far and 8 more to go. I had an old skillet someone gifted me at the Classic, it need some love, so I filled it with some of the deer lard I made and put it in the fire for the weekend, Also started another knife, I know I said I was done but just couldn't help myself. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 07:33:32 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18659 on: February 06, 2022, 07:11:49 pm »
My girls just hanging out close to the fire. (S)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good