Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4657908 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18660 on: February 06, 2022, 07:13:54 pm »
Had to tweak my Osage 1 more time for string alignment. I think I got it this time, then we went out to shoot, cold but lots of fun and laughs. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18661 on: February 06, 2022, 07:15:31 pm »
Back to a warm fire and got my new knife cut out and shaped. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18662 on: February 06, 2022, 07:22:50 pm »
Got Gary's sign hung in the appropriate spot , looks good , love it. Bucky showed up to do some work debarking Osage, got a lot done but lots more to do in the next few weeks. :) Good looking wood that should hold us for a while, got a stack of 2018/stack of 2019/2020/2021/now 2022 plus a stack of 1998 and some 2002/2004 to work on now when needed and in a few years we will be blessed with wood again.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18663 on: February 06, 2022, 07:26:33 pm »
Then back on the range, all the shots didn't look like that one but we all shot pretty good. ;) Will showed up to chase the ring and lay out an Osage bow, his first in a while. Good to see him back at it. Also got our new ice machine hooked up and making ice, the old one just got tired I guess after about 12 years of labor. :-\ ??? :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 07:36:10 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18664 on: February 06, 2022, 07:28:55 pm »
Will got his Osage chased/laid out and cut to size, a good after noon I would say. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18665 on: February 06, 2022, 07:31:57 pm »
Got 1 side of the blade tapper done on my knife, got my Osage out to 40@20 and looking good so far, looking for 50@26 so closing in on that. Also got my old skillet looking good and ready for final cleaning and then put to work. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18666 on: February 07, 2022, 04:49:51 am »
That Pan looks like it's ready to do some Squirrels and Gravy now  -C- ! Really like the Sign too - Thanks Pappy !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18667 on: February 07, 2022, 08:20:06 am »
Ya Bob it came out good,amazing what you can do to an old rusty Iron pot or skillet with just a little love, grease and fire.  :) and yes the sign turned out good, I can hear Gary chuckle right now and makes me smile, :) I think he would like it. ;) Headed to the farm this morning, we got 3 trees down and cut into length's, got to split now and get to the wood pile, planning on cutting 3 more this week near the cabin so it will be a busy week. Hope we can keep them off the cabin and shop  :-\ ??? The weather is supposed to be nice 50's and 30's with sunshine , so a prefect to get some of the outside stuff done.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18668 on: February 07, 2022, 08:42:37 am »
Love the sign  Pappy. I’m sure a lot of other people will to. Including Gary.

That a lot of really nice looking staves on the pile. See a lot of potential there.

Bjrogg

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18669 on: February 08, 2022, 08:02:02 am »
Ya lots of good staves in that pile, I am blessed to have a good storage barn [old dark fired tobacco barn that I don't use for tobacco anymore ] so even if I don't cut it I get what they all laugh and call rent staves. ;) :)  I haven't cut any myself for a few years now but store it for several friends and guys in the club , I don't use that much anymore but have access to wood when I do need some. ;) Pretty good deal for them and me. ;) We got 2 ricks of wood split yesterday and headed out this morning to cut the big trees [3] close to the cabin, with the wood we already have cut and these 3 we should have enough to cover this coming year at the fire pit and for our campers at the Classic. Got a few more down on the farm, uprooted, but they will hold for another year if we don't get around to them. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #18670 on: February 08, 2022, 10:27:04 pm »
I'm drooling over all that osage ...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18671 on: February 09, 2022, 07:58:16 am »
 :) :) :) Got the big trees down with out hitting any thing important so i am relived  :) we got them cut up and ready to split and add to the wood pile, the oak was much larger than it looked standing, ??? had to break out my 28 inch saw to cut up the trunk, should make a lot of wood, now headed down this morning to clean and burn the limbs, we made quite the mess but going to be a lot of very good fire wood so worth the trouble. 1 more big cherry tree to cut close to the cabin, when it is down on the ground safe I will feel much better. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18672 on: February 10, 2022, 03:56:59 am »
My very 1st Self Bow, was a Black Cherry Stave, backed with Pin Cherry Bark  :BB. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18673 on: February 13, 2022, 05:37:01 pm »
Ya I have made a few from Cherry, not bad bow wood if it is good, this one isn't, home to a bunch of carpenter ants, now it is in the wood pile. ;)
Had a great 3 days and got a lot done, had a little time in the shop and shooting but most of the time was spent cutting/busting/hauling and stacking wood. :) Got the wood pile ready for the coming year so that is a load off my mind, now i can move on to other things. Few pictures  ;)
These are the ones that came down. Big Willow Oak/ Ash and big Cherry. :) All good fire wood for sure.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18674 on: February 13, 2022, 05:42:05 pm »
On the ground with nothing tore up,no buildings hit,went right where we wanted them. ??? Also had the new Culvert put in to the lower camp ground and the ditch cleaned out, that should stop the run over into the camp ground when we get them gully washers that we seem to get a lot of now days. :) Really turned out really nice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good