Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693589 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19440 on: April 18, 2023, 07:53:04 am »
Enjoyed having yall Eddie, glad Doug got through the storm safe and nice meeting him, very nice fellow. Bo got his Turkey Sunday morning and John got his yesterday, they are trying to get John's son Clay one this morning and then heading back home. Hope he gets his this morning. :) They are some great guys also.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19441 on: April 21, 2023, 07:09:50 am »
Headed down to the cabin as normal for me, we have plans on putting up the big vendor tent and also the tent at the work shop today weather permitting , calling for some storms this evening :-\ [ what's new about that ]  :) so we will see, they are supposed to be gone late tonight so if we don't get them up today we will do it in the morning. Getting to close to put anything off any longer. ;) :) Got 42 vendors coming so I am scrapping to find the space as usual.  :) Really getting excited now, always a stressful but exciting time of the year for me. :OK Hope yall have a good one also. See some of yall soon !!!!!!!  Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19442 on: April 23, 2023, 09:35:33 pm »
Not many pictures this week, was really busy trying to button things up and we are just about there. The map is up, registration is ready and vendors tent and other vendor areas are cleaned/straightened  and ready to go.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19443 on: April 23, 2023, 09:47:42 pm »
The pot luck sign has a picture of PatB on it also. ;) ;) ;) If you need to find the cabin someone put one up, they thought I needed a sign to find my way back. :) :) The ranges are set , Brandon wanted to do a good clean up of the target sheds while we had a lot of targets out, so we took out the rest, man I really didn't realize how many targets we had, these are all extras.  :-\ Then after a long hard couple of days I went in to a nice deer roast in tomato's/mushrooms and topped with fresh asparagus , man was that good. Hope yall had a good one, I will see some of yall soon !!!! probably won't be on much the next few weeks, headed down to stay till it's over Wed. or Thur of this week. See yall in a few weeks with I am sure lots of pictures. ;) Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19444 on: April 24, 2023, 02:53:09 am »
Best of Luck Pappy - I know You'll have a great time  (=) - Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19445 on: April 24, 2023, 07:39:39 am »
It's getting close, Pappy and things are looking great, even the caricature of me.  :OK  Can't wait to get there. I'll be there one week from tomorrow.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19446 on: April 25, 2023, 07:53:22 am »
Yep it is Pat, I am getting excited and also a bit nervous as I always do this time of year, some of the guys tell me to chill we always get it done and I tell them if you have 800/1000 people coming to your house to visit for a week how would you be reacting right now, :-\ although I understand this is TwinOaks it is also my house and my gold is for everyone to leave with a big smile. :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19447 on: April 25, 2023, 08:15:19 am »
When it's all over, Pappy people will be smiling but a little sad just knowing it will be a year before they'll be back...but, we'll worry about that then.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19448 on: April 27, 2023, 07:57:36 am »
Yep, relived but a little sad. Headed down this morning to stay, see some of yall soon.By the way James Parker is already there. ??? ;) :) :) Be back with pictures in a couple of weeks. Take care and for those traveling be safe. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19449 on: May 10, 2023, 08:19:05 am »
Well finely home again, over for another year.It was so much fun I can't explain .Seemed all went well best I could tell and everyone left with a smile !! The Good Lord Blessed us with good weather that wasn't predicted to happen , just goes to show you no one knows but Him. Set a new record for registration at 793, almost ran out of food and parking but managed to get it done. Every year we say don't know how we could handle any more but always seem to pull it off. Plans go out the window and we improvise and get it done,Thanks to all that came out, seen a lot of new faces and many old ones, all I can say is it was Great !!! I will have some pictures up in a few days when I catch my breath. Thanks yall and especially the friends that stepped up to lend a hand, PatB /Greg and many more, you know who you are  ;) :) :)  Life is Good.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #19450 on: May 10, 2023, 08:07:13 pm »
Couldn’t have asked for better weather. Great event all around. Twin Oaks is always a little slice of heaven.  My wife is hooked and already making plans for next year. She’s been shooting in the backyard every evening and improving fast  (SH)  Great job gang really enjoyed it.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19451 on: May 11, 2023, 12:48:02 pm »
Thanks, Pappy. We couldn't do anything without you and the Twin Oaks gang.
 This is the guy that won my diorama and the last 2 of them too.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19452 on: May 11, 2023, 08:15:15 pm »
Ya lucky man , miss Joanie said he bought 700 dollars worth of tickets a little at a time and put a bunch in for yours. He does that every year, many thanks my friend, we call him bare foot Tom. I was going to post some pictures but back at the cabin since yesterday, Sister had a growth on her foot, cancer and they had to take her toe and some bone, think they got it all but I am baby sitting till at least Sunday, she is not a good patient 😞sometimes tough but Life is Good all the same. 😉 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19453 on: May 11, 2023, 10:57:42 pm »
Sorry to hear about Sister. I noticed her foot on Sunday evening. Hope it all works out for her.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19454 on: May 12, 2023, 03:51:43 am »
Prayers sent :Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.