Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693629 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1995 on: August 13, 2008, 06:03:17 am »
Glad to see ya doing good Jimmy,hope to get to see ya soon.Are you in town this weekend ?
If so we have a club shoot about 8:30 so come on out and shoot with us. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1996 on: August 15, 2008, 05:48:16 am »
Friday again and have big plans for the weekend,We have a meeting to get ready for the
up coming Deer Classic and also a club shoot after the meeting so I will be busy Sat.I also plan
on putting in some food plots so I am going to disc them up this evening,going to try and get them in before the rain they call for the first of the week.I have my hunting bows and arrows ready just need to test them one more time then get um sharp.King Ron is coming down this evening so we should have some good food and fun around the camp fire.Hope yall have a good one and I will have some pictures Monday.Life is good. ;) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1997 on: August 15, 2008, 07:34:14 am »
By the way I forgot any of you guys [close] Jesse,Jimmy and any one else that don't have
anything going on in the morning,come on down to the club for a fun Club shoot,we usually
throw 5 bucks in a pot and split it between the top 2 or 3 scores,it mostly just a fun time for all the guys,gals,kids to get togeather and do a little pre season shooting arrows and bull.It
will be right after the meeting,probably around 8:30 or 9:00. I know that is early for you Jesse
but get on up and have a little fun. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1998 on: August 17, 2008, 08:27:31 pm »
Here's a couple of pictures from the club Saturday...getting ready for our meeting/club shoot, and Anthony helping Doug with a bow for Doug's grandson.

Also Sunday morning was cool and I couldn't help but sit in a stand behind my house armed with my camera...turkey anyone?

The shoot was a lot of fun by the way... ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1999 on: August 18, 2008, 06:04:10 am »
Thanks Greg,ya we had a great time and I got alot done,We got 2 Hickory bows finished tillering
from 2 new selfbow guys,Dan and Chris.These were there first and done a fine job.Also got my
food plots in and some bushhogging done.I rented my Barn where I keep our wood stash and have been dreading get it moved by all my buddies came through and we got it restacked it just a short time with all the help.Thank goodness for good friends.By the way Greg won the club shoot.Here
are some pictures. :) O ya we ate good also. ;) ;D Mrs Joanie and Betty took it on there self to clean the Cabin,she said it way nasty  ;) ;D They worked all day Friday cleaning and I tell you it looks good.She gave me some new rules,when we leave on Sunday,CLEAN IT UP. :) ;D
  Pappy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:57:40 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2000 on: August 18, 2008, 06:22:19 am »
A little shooting on the range,headed to the barn to move some wood around and Dan
putting the final touches on the tiller and the first shot from it.Chris,Dan and King Ron fixing to do a little shooting demo. ;) ;D
   Pappy

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:58:14 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2001 on: August 18, 2008, 06:26:44 am »
Me making a grip for Chris's new bow,Supper and a little relaxing after a good day,Big A and his
beautiful wife Beverley and another one of Hannah girls Annie,she is up to 37 lbs. and as sweet as she can be,I think they are spoiling her.  ;) ;D
   Pappy

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:59:11 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2002 on: August 18, 2008, 06:28:57 am »
Bev,BigA and Annie. and Chris with his bow finished.Hope yall had a good one also .Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2003 on: August 18, 2008, 08:12:25 am »
Looks like yall got a lot accomplished Saturday after we left...Dan's bow looks good! My brother saw him at church Sunday and he was tickled with it, said he might hunt with it this fall. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2004 on: August 18, 2008, 09:37:21 am »
Ya it turned out good,I heat treated it after he left Sat. and put it back in the dry for
a few days,then he can tweak the tiller if need be and finish it up.Bro Dan is coming down
Thursday so I will be off Friday,should have another good weekend coming up.I plan
on trying to finish up some bushhogging and check out my stands,might even put a couple
more up.I have to leave early Sunday morning it is my 35 wedding anv.so I guess I need
to do something special for Miss Joanie. ;) ;D She dose put up with a lot from me. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2005 on: August 18, 2008, 02:14:10 pm »
Pappy i'm in N.C i'll be back the week end after next.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline BearG

« Reply #2006 on: August 18, 2008, 03:05:52 pm »
Mark and Miss Jonie Congats.  It take a special woman to put up with all you do.  And I believe she is very special.
P.S.  keep Dan and Tommy straight would ya? >:D  It can be a hard job ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2007 on: August 19, 2008, 12:50:24 am »
Now Pappy, you do know that if you were using my soap and stuff Mss Jonie would just love coming down to your cabin!  ;D ;) ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2008 on: August 19, 2008, 03:14:15 am »
Yep, Bro Tom and me will be down Thursday afternoon,should be about when you get there, I'll call you tomorrow night at work.  Bro Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2009 on: August 19, 2008, 05:32:22 am »
Ya I know Tiller,just most of the time it is me and the dogs and they don't like it. ;) ;D
See yall Thursday Dan.Give me a call,I will be bushhogging the next few days,want it
to look good for yall. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good