Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693822 times)

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2115 on: September 24, 2008, 03:26:07 pm »
i know were I'll be sitting  >:D
Mililani Hawaii

Ranger B

« Reply #2116 on: September 24, 2008, 03:26:48 pm »
This is killing me too.  Where to go that opening morning.  I'm torn between two places so I went out and bought two of those trail cams.  Whichever one produces the best pictures tomorrow will get the vote  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2117 on: September 25, 2008, 05:37:23 am »
I'll figure it out Sat. morning, Just where ever my mind leads me.That is usually how I do it,You
can kill a deer from any of them or they wouldn't be there,so it is just a matter of being there when
they are.Simple. :) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2118 on: September 25, 2008, 08:43:48 am »
I haven't decided yet either where to hunt. I'll probably hunt behind my house at least one evening during the weekend. Possibly a morning also. I'm seeing a lot of turkey as well as deer sign, so a turkey better not get in front of me or I'll send a cane arrow in its general direction. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline BearG

« Reply #2119 on: September 25, 2008, 11:58:35 am »
I'm think the honey hole is always a good chioce.
Plus seems like turkeys are always up there.  Maybe you can get one of each O:)
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2120 on: September 26, 2008, 05:32:46 am »
Friday ,finely and also just one more day before I can start my second love,[Besides fameily]
Deer hunting.King Ron and CastIron are coming down this evening to stay the weekend so
it should be fun.We also have the second half of the Deer Classic through Sunday night at 9pm.
This is the part I like.People will be bringing there Deer /Turkey down to be weighted and points
counted for there total.We do a lot of cooking Sat.and Sun. night and get to see and talk a lot
of Deer hunting.Then I always take off Monday so I get to hunt without the distractions.It
is always a fun weekend.Hope to have some good pictures and stories Tuesday. ;) :) Hope yall
have a good one and wished you all could be there.Yes Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2121 on: September 26, 2008, 07:35:25 am »
I'll be heading for the woods this weekend too, in the mornings though, should be in the low 50's,it will be great, going to be about 80 for the afternoons, too hot for me.
Check my stands earlier in the week, alot of trees down due to the wind storm last week, might change the pattern of the deer, alot of the trails blocked. Oh well got to give er a try. hope I score. Be nice to get one early. Then next week Indiana bound for the weekends, alot trees down there too. I'll be hunting Ohio during the week.

Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2122 on: September 26, 2008, 10:15:42 am »
Pappy and the Twin Oaks gang, Best of luck to all of you guys. The deer had better be on point. Looking forward to seeing lots of meat hanging. ;)
   Any stone points going out this weekend?     Aim small, miss small!!! 8)  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2123 on: September 26, 2008, 10:46:16 am »
Not from me,I plan on using my trade points,I think Jesse is going to use stone,he didn't last
week at Ft.Campbell cause it is not allowed.Thanks,hope to do some good but you just never
know. I feel pretty sure of us will do some good.The weather ant going to be to bad,mid 50's
in the morning and high 70's durning the day.That ant as cool as I would like but better than some opening weekends.Good luck Bro. Dan.Shoot straight.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2124 on: September 26, 2008, 11:34:48 am »
Thanks Pat!

Good luck Dan, & Bear!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline RG

« Reply #2125 on: September 26, 2008, 07:05:50 pm »
We are at the club getting ready Pappy just bilt the first fire I have ever seen him build with out fuel good luck to all hunting in
the morning  (rib eyes for supper tonight)

Ron

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2126 on: September 26, 2008, 07:08:15 pm »
I am so jealous!!! Go get em boys!!!   :D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2127 on: September 26, 2008, 07:17:57 pm »
Thanks, Pappy and Greg, same to ya, let us know who wins the deer classic. Should of wrote down the teams here so I could put a bet down on who I think will win, no money, but a broad head or two would work. Good luck to all, I know I'll need it.   

Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

onjay s

« Reply #2128 on: September 27, 2008, 12:46:49 am »
Thought you might like to see Hanahs pup ,50# Tenne. Sweet as can be. Shes not a hunter yet but would be more than willing to eat whatever you get.

Ranger B

« Reply #2129 on: September 27, 2008, 06:18:47 am »
It's 3:45 a.m. and I'm heading out.  Hope to be at Pappy's with a deer by 10:00 a.m.  Can't wait to get in the woods.  Best of luck to all of you.
Ranger B