Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693750 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #2535 on: December 19, 2008, 04:40:02 pm »
Miss Jonnie is a real Saint O:)
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2536 on: December 19, 2008, 06:03:18 pm »
Yup, got ya a keeper there Pappy - but I think you figured that out long ago :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2537 on: December 19, 2008, 10:55:00 pm »
Man, I hope there are others like her out there! You are one lucky guy Pappy!!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2538 on: December 20, 2008, 11:22:07 am »
Man, i don't have much trouble getting women.. but i have trouble getting women that will put up with me.. heck I'll get lucky one day i reckon.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2539 on: December 22, 2008, 06:09:49 am »
Had a great weekend,a little slow down at the cabin but very peaceful and  A man needs
that now and then.I got my deer skinned out and the meat cut up.Also got my new bow ridged out and got to take it out for it's first Hunt Sat. morning,no shots but done some stump shooting on the way out,I really like the way it shoots.Grant came down Friday night and hunted with me Sat. morning ,he saw 3 bucks from the honey hole stand,2 were nice ones ,so I guess there are still a few left. ;) I got my trailer almost loaded for our trip after Christmas,plan on finishing it up Christmas
day and take it to the house so we will be ready to leave early the 26th.Got 7 Yankees coming down so I need to be prepaired. ;) ;D Big A brought Annie bell down[One of Hannah's pups] man it
has grown,sweet dog.We love our dogs as I guees yall can tell.Here are some pictures. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2540 on: December 22, 2008, 06:20:41 am »
Our girls, :) and supper Sat. night. Hope yall had a good one and hope all of you have a great
Christmas and great new year. Beau is coming in today,can't wait for that,We plan to hunt a little togeather this week,ant done that in a while so it will be cool to have him and his new bride here.
Won't be at the cabin this coming weekend,I will be at LBL. There will be several from here with me so it should be fun.CastIron,GreB,BigA,Ryano,Hole in the limb Chuck,Dave,GlenM,Gary Davis and maybe a few more I can't remember now.Hope we have a good hunt and see some deer.At last count there are going to be about 17 Selfbow and Trad. guys there.It should be a hoot deer or no deer. :) ;D Life is good.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2541 on: December 22, 2008, 01:05:47 pm »
I was only there 7 months... but i look at the pics.. and looks like home.. i sure miss that place.. and look forward to getting back. about 70 more days..
Mililani Hawaii

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2542 on: December 22, 2008, 04:34:59 pm »
Looks like yall had a great weekend...wish I could have made it but we celebrated Christmas early because of some family work schedules (brother-in-law is a police officer and has to work Christmas day). They left in time for me to hunt Saturday evening, it was cold! I think about the mid 20's with a strong wind. I only saw a couple of dogs that came around right at prime time.

I had planned to hunt Monday morning, but had a little episode that changed my plans. Around 2:00am I woke up with some difficulty breathing. Felt like something was in the back of my throat, and when I went to the bath room and tried to spit it out, I realized it built-in...part of me. I could feel something similar to a partially inflated balloon and I didn't know what it was. I was immediately concerned because I was afraid it could get larger or maybe drop down and block my air passage and then what do I do? I quickly got my wife up and told her we needed to go to the Emergency room. I didn't know if I was over-reacting or not, but I'm not ashamed to say I was a little freaked over it. I've only went to the Emergency Room once before with a kidney stone.

They had me back in a room within 10 minutes or so and told me I had experienced a allergic reaction to something I'd eaten. First time for me on this! Basically the back of my throat was swollen and my euvula(little thing hangs from the top of the throat) was I guess what I had felt swollen. I was hooked up to an IV and they started giving me steroids and antihistamine. I started shaking like there was no tomorrow and I don't know if that was from nerves or the cold liquids sent coursing through my veins! ;D A couple of blankets helped a lot, after all it was in the single digits outside this morning and I had left the house with a light jacket. ;D They let me go home after about 4 hours and the swelling had gone down some. I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon with my physician to be checked out for allergies. They told me at the hospital if it happened again it could be three times worse the second go around. That got my attention!

I'm still hoping to get to go to LBL with everyone, I should know more this evening after the doctor visit. Wish me luck! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #2543 on: December 22, 2008, 04:46:48 pm »
Greg, glad your alright, would have scared the heck out of me...hope you aint havin a reaction to Cast Irons cookin, I would hate to hafta come down every weekend to pick up your slack at the dinner table, lol...Prayin for ya.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2544 on: December 22, 2008, 04:51:41 pm »
Thank you Brian, no I haven't had any of Cast Iron's cooking for a while...way too long a while I might add! ;D The only thing I can think of that I ate the afternoon before that was uncommon was some homemade jerky my brother-in-law had, and some lemon pie. Both tasted good! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2545 on: December 22, 2008, 07:54:32 pm »
  Glad you are alright Greg. Sure would suck if you have developed an allergic reaction to venison. Good luck to you guy's at LBL. I'd like to head up that way again. It's been awhile since I hunted in that part of Kentucky.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2546 on: December 22, 2008, 08:19:40 pm »
Sorry to hear about your allergic reaction. I am allergic to some insect bites and swell badly with others so I keep Benedryl handy always and when I went to Colorado to hunt elk a few years ago I got an epi pen just in case. That might be an option for you so you can go and enjoy the LBL hunt.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2547 on: December 22, 2008, 08:42:43 pm »
Hmmm! Bet it was the whip cream. Some of the artificial sweatners are horrible stuff. Had a scare here today and still ongoing. Grandfather is up at  the emergency room with chest pains and we had over a foot of snow on the ground so the paramedics had a time getting to him. Waiting to hear how he's doing now. I hate it when stuff like this happens. Just nothing I can do!  Cant head out to the hospital since the roads are hell so I'm just sittin here waiting on pins and needles.

Glad your ok Pappy!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2548 on: December 22, 2008, 09:13:50 pm »
That sounds baaad Greg - glad your OK. You don't need to be spazzin out like that on us, you have too many bows to build and deer to shoot ;D. Not trying to one up ya, but my buddy had the same symptom couple of weeks ago at deer camp. Couldn't swallow, almost couldn't breath. Just don't eat any more of that jerky or pie :-X.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2549 on: December 22, 2008, 09:23:30 pm »
Durn, Greg, that don't sound like fun. Glad you're back upenatit, though.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.