Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693489 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2595 on: January 08, 2009, 05:53:06 am »
Ya Tracy we have a lot of good kids in our club and are trying to bring them up in the
bow hunting tradition.We have had a bunch come through over the years and I can't
think of one that hasn't turned out OK,so we think it is very important.Yazoo I finely
figured out who you are,I was wondering,Welcome Mike M. ;) :) :) Hope you can make
it in May.You kept up rolling at LBL. ;D ;D The[ if you can shoot over them they ant to
far ] gave it away. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline yazoo

« Reply #2596 on: January 08, 2009, 05:50:39 pm »
I knew that you would figure that one out,I was hoping to hunt this last weekend of season,but I have got to many bow orders to fill, getting ready to do some shows in fla next month.
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2597 on: January 09, 2009, 06:12:24 am »
Ya that was an easy one ,once I heard that. ;) ;D ;D Well it is Friday and can't wait to get back down to the cabin.I plan on hunting this evening if nothing comes up.Then to get after them hard Sat.It is the last weekend for us grown up folks.Then next weekend is for the youth.That will be fun also.Don't have any big plans other than hunting and try and finish tillering my White Ash
bow.Hopefully that won't take to long.Haven't done much Ash so we will see how it goes.
Hope yall have a good one also.Pictures Monday. Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2598 on: January 11, 2009, 10:46:23 pm »

I didn't make it to the cabin this weekend. I'm sure Life was Good there as always and a nice warm fire was put to good use. I hunted behind my house Saturday evening without spotting anything. It was very windy and a front was coming through dropping the temp's. I pretty much spent the weekend working on and finishing a dogwood bow. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Shot it some Sunday afternoon and it shoots hard and smooth. I was able to hit pretty good with it right away. I'll be posting some pictures soon I guess...I have more time in this bow then any other I've made to this point.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2599 on: January 12, 2009, 06:23:36 am »
Yes life was good,I hunted pretty hard and seen a few deer but none want to come close and play with me. ;) ;D Had one about 30 yards and a couple more Friday evening about 10 but no clear shot
or a little out of my range.All in all it was a good finish to a great season.We have the kids next weekend and that will wind it up.King Ron stayed with me ,but didn't get much out of him,he stayed on his lap top most of the time,you know High tec red neck thing. ;) ;D ;D We ate good of course and I got my White Ash bow out to 50@25 shooting for 50@28,it is for a long armed Yankee from MI. I should get it finished up next weekend if the kids don't keep me busy draging deer. :) ;) Here are a few pictures of the weekend.Hope yall had a good one also.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2600 on: January 12, 2009, 06:31:21 am »
This is my ash bow out to 25,King Ron and his Osage,man he id proud of that thing ;) :)
Getting some Cole's ready for supper,we had enough to cook a hog, ;D Art with is custom
glass bow,tiller don't look that great to me,but I didn't tell him that ;) Then we had to watch a little football,or Titans didn't do that good. :-\ :-[ :'( >:( :( and some new window stickers Art had made and gave to the club to make a little money,man we have some thoughtful members. :)
     Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2601 on: January 12, 2009, 06:33:39 am »
Getting a little supper ready,Case needed a little rest waiting on supper, :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2602 on: January 12, 2009, 06:36:46 am »
King Ron took the head of the line ,without GregB there. :) Then a little totty after supper and some bull around the fire,and last the last morning in the stand,it was a great morning to be out
in the woods.Have a great day.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2603 on: January 12, 2009, 08:08:50 am »
Looks like life was good at the club again. I see Jesse is sharing the thread this morning...good morning Jesse!  :)
Greg

Offline scott

« Reply #2604 on: January 12, 2009, 10:17:31 am »
Pappy,what happened to tha pic. of you around tha fire?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2605 on: January 12, 2009, 11:50:52 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D got to keep up my image.  ;) :) It somehow got deleted. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline scott

« Reply #2606 on: January 12, 2009, 12:04:40 pm »
King Ron has it on his phone.....

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2607 on: January 12, 2009, 01:32:29 pm »
Morning Greg!
 Man i sure do miss you guys.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2608 on: January 12, 2009, 01:37:55 pm »

We miss having you around too Jesse! Looking forward to your return. I thought about you when I was working on my dogwood bow this weekend, I incorporated some dogbane string with some decoration for the bow. I'll probably post it sometime this week after I get some pictures.

got to keep up my image.    It somehow got deleted.

Nice to be able to edit out pictures you'd rather not have posted isn't it Pappy?  ;D

Greg

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #2609 on: January 13, 2009, 01:09:05 am »
I had nearly forgoten Greg's Chair episodes......lol.  :D
Oh by the way Greg I still got one of your camo ratchet straps. I'll try to remember to bring it back to ya at the classic. :)
 I had a good time Hanging out with you even though you broke my chair and we didnt see any deer.  ;D All you southern boys are the best ! You really know how to kick back and have a good time. The sickness wasn't a great start to the trip but it turned out ok once I purged my system.... :P  ::)

Oh, and come on with the pictures of the dogwood bow already! You keep on talking about it but you never post the pictures!
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....