Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4704733 times)

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3465 on: August 13, 2009, 09:58:19 am »
Eddie and Chris were going cool. ;) :) and proof there was some hogs there,this young man took 2 in the 90/100 lbs. range. It was fun and I for sure want to make it back.They had a major flood this spring that flooded out all the food plots and also between the heat in the mid 90"s and a full moon we had a lot working against us,That's why we call it hunting not Killing. ;) :) Hope yall had a good one.Now back to the cabin ,my traveling is over for the year and I need to get ready for Deer season,maybe it will cool down.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Looks like fun even in the heat of the day and the moon that spells moon(Stephen King). Pics great, Chris I need one of those air vented shorts!  ;D

Tina
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #3466 on: August 13, 2009, 10:10:02 am »
GregB, those tips sure looked nice to me.
Reading back pages, I hate you blew up your snakebow Pappy, but it didn't want to play with you I guess. The deer backstrap looked absolutely wonderful!!!!Some morels in that would have just been great!!!
I don't know about the kilts and the blackberry bushes, seems to me a fella wouldn't want to willingly do that to hisself. >:D But what would I know about it!!!! You don't wear one do you Pappy? Leastways not when there's a camera around!!!! I've seen your legs, theys isa purty!!!! ::)
I went to TBG banquet early this month and shot with NGT in Gainesville the next day, I had a ball!!! I plan to go to BigJim's 3 day shoot end of month in Albany,GA. He bought out Sipsy river. all the regular courses plus a coon shoot and a canoe course. Bet I'll get all wet!!! But I'm gonna try it. ;D Taylor and I still plan to come over and work on those bows, but will wait til after first of year. Hunting season is upon ya'll!!!!!! Give Miss Joanie and hug and a kiss from me, wish I lived closer for some girl talking time. Life is Good.......   Tomi   (Mrs. Cheapshot) ;D

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #3467 on: August 13, 2009, 08:36:41 pm »
Man to bad about no hogs, but looks like fun anyway.
 Deer session is coming fast.. Me and a buddy went over and scouted some places at cross creeks today we tuck the boat cross the river and man we seen some good sign, we were out there from 3pm to 6pm and seen about 15 to 20 deer. I Got a sweet stand sight on one heck of a funnel. Cant Wait...
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3468 on: August 14, 2009, 05:11:42 am »
Well it's Friday again and time to do it again,got a little bow/arrow worked planed and more
bushhogging.May disc up a couple of food plots if it don't rain.We have a club meeting and shoot in the morning so that will be fun.One good thing about no hogs is I have a bunch of arrows ready for deer. ;) ;D I took the good limb from my snaky bow that broke and another failure from a while back and cut them down ,I ordered a sleeve from Mike and plan on getting something out of it,if it all works out I should have another good take down.We will see how that works out. Hope yall have a good one.Pictires Monday. No Tomi I don't do Kilts or shorts ,at least not outdoors. ;) ;D ;D
Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3469 on: August 14, 2009, 08:28:53 am »
Good idea for your snake bow!

Pappy does overalls...not kilts! ;D

Thanks Tomi!  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Little John

« Reply #3470 on: August 16, 2009, 09:43:43 am »
Pappy, sorry the hogs did not want to play. Sorry also about the snake bow, I know you had a lot of hope and time in it. I know what you mean about the season being just around the corner, I packed in and set up my camp last weekend (what a job) good elk sign at my stand, and the weather has turned off cool. Less than two weeks now and only a few last minute items left to get ready. Just getting caught up with all the ranch chores so will be able to hunt at least all the weekends.  Life really is good     Kenneth

[attachment deleted by admin]
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Timo

« Reply #3471 on: August 16, 2009, 10:54:07 am »
That elk camp, just gets me all giddy! I've only elk hunted one time,and I know that if I lived closer,that I could get very addicted to it,espeically to an elk camp like that one!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3472 on: August 16, 2009, 12:08:39 pm »
Tim, I have only hunted elk one time too and it was with Kenneth. If I lived closer or had more money this year, I'd be back sharing that camp again with him. Life is good but for now it could be a little bit better!  ;D
  Kenneth, I'm looking forward to a hero shot of you this fall. Have some Black Velvet tucked away to toast your success when it happens. ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline woodstick

« Reply #3473 on: August 16, 2009, 02:34:25 pm »
that looks like home to me.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline cracker

« Reply #3474 on: August 16, 2009, 03:34:55 pm »
I like the camp too. I'd be tickled to just hold down camp and do the cooking.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #3475 on: August 16, 2009, 04:16:05 pm »
After the grief I got for posting pics of my kilt you guys aint gettin away that easy. The m were some ugly lookin legs under them kilts.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3476 on: August 16, 2009, 05:19:06 pm »
 TJ,  Now that you are going to be a nurse, I guess it's okay for you to  peek under those Kilts. ::) ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #3477 on: August 16, 2009, 07:40:40 pm »
Wasn't nothin impressive to see :o
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Little John

« Reply #3478 on: August 16, 2009, 08:38:45 pm »
Pat, i really do wish you could make it this year, you are as good of a hunting partner as they come. Maybe next year will be better, if we don't get too old.  Keep that velvet handy, I have a good feeling about this year.

Ron, yes holding down Camp is about better than the hunting and a lot more relaxing.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3479 on: August 17, 2009, 05:51:20 am »
That looks like a mighty fine camp.Maybe I can make it out sometime.Seem always something going on for me. I had a good weekend,we had a meeting and club shoot Sat.Got to shoot GregB's snake bow ,it shoots great. I also worked up some more Turkey feathers,Put a handle on a knife and got
some Hickory arrows stained and selfnocks cut in ,they are ready to fletch and Mount some stone points JohnT made for me. Jesse was down for the weekend and of course ate me out of house and home.Man that boy can eat. ;D We also got the tips flipped on KeithV's IW bow.I was worried
about it breaking but it went good.Also got most of my bushhogging done,I should be able to finish next weekend,then it's time to put up stands.Also the sleeve came in Sat. for my snake bow,It is going to be somewhat of a challenge to mount because of the hook in the handle but hopefully I will get it figured out.I would love to have it ready by deer season but if not I have plenty of bows to hunt with.Hope yall had a good one also.Life is good.
      Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good