Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4706165 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3630 on: September 21, 2009, 05:26:09 am »
I almost forgot the board I made for my arrow collection.Been meaning on doing that for a while ,I couldn't sleep Sat. morning so I was out in the shop about 3:30 and got a lot done.I love the morning. Woody came down also and we went to the Cain thicket and cut him some Cain for some
shooting sticks. JohnT also brought me a new pair of shoes,he thought I looked sad in my worn out
shoes. ;) ;D
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3631 on: September 21, 2009, 05:30:29 am »
I heat treated and flipped the tips on Tom's memoral bow and GregB is working on the tips.
It shot nice.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3632 on: September 21, 2009, 05:34:09 am »
Also went out Sat. to check the food plots and put up a couple of stands. Right in front of one of the stands was a really nice rub,seem early but I will take it. Great weekend ,can't wait till the next one.I will be in a tree. :) Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #3633 on: September 21, 2009, 07:13:33 am »
Nice mocs Pappy hope you luck on the tree sitting hope you get a big un.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3634 on: September 21, 2009, 07:55:55 am »
I set in a stand a while Saturday morning without seeing anything, and got down and did some scouting for a couple of hours. Found some good white oak acorn feeding activity. Then I went to the club and helped Pappy put up some more stands. I got to shoot the memorial bow, it shot real snappy and that was before heat-treating it. I took it home and have the overlays glued on, but not shaped yet. I was busy finishing up some cane arrows...they're finished now except for mounting the broadheads.

We had a lot of rain over the weekend and its still hot and muggy. Maybe it will cool off a little before the weekend...hope so. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3635 on: September 21, 2009, 08:29:05 am »
I also had a good weekend, my son was home and we got to do some grouse hunting, no birds but Bo flushed a few.
Me the wife, son and daughter all went to the woods and got some work done for bow season :) Then on sunday had a nice barbeque.
Moving my daughter to a nearby town today, man ya can't wait for them to leave but ya hate it when they do.

Empty Nest now the kids have all flown da coop :'( :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #3636 on: September 21, 2009, 01:00:29 pm »
Pappy, I like those new shoes (Momma said they'd take me anywhere!!)bet you can do some sneaking in the woods with them fellers!!!! GregB you are certainly concentrating on those tips. The arrow rack looks really nice as does the memorial bow. I went to mid Georgia and scouted Rum Creek WMA with 4 other gals.on Sunday. Ladies only hunt first of Oct./rifle. I channeled a certain white haired fella and found a sweet little area covered in sign with a beatdown escape trail, pulled back and made me a blind. Now just hope I can find it in 3 weeks!!!I left my reflector thumbtacs in the jeep!!! I hunt on the ground, the other ladies tree stand it so I want them a fur piece from me!!!! Getting excited for sure!! First rifle hunt since Ft Campbell at least 15 yrs ago I believe!!!! I holler good if I get something!!!!! :D   Tomi

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3637 on: September 21, 2009, 01:17:14 pm »
Good luck on your rifle hunt Tomi! Keep your hunters orange on for sure huntin' on the ground.  :)
Greg

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #3638 on: September 21, 2009, 01:43:12 pm »
That arrow board came out real nice!  ;)Hope we can arrow a few turkeys next month so those food plots get a chance to feed some horns, too....
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #3639 on: September 21, 2009, 05:32:06 pm »
  Pappy i was out putting stands up on the river yesterday and we seen a few rubs out there too.
Man i got another sweet spot. This one is next to a corn field and the wild pigs have knocked down a bunch of the corn and the deer have stomped it all in the ground. seen lots of buck tracks there to. i got the corn on one side of my tree and a heavily used trail in the woods on the other side.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline woodstick

« Reply #3640 on: September 22, 2009, 12:26:57 am »
looks like you got some all you can eat food for the deer. good hunting i got till oct 1 and cant wait.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3641 on: September 22, 2009, 05:51:11 am »
Ya Chad we need to,Eddie and Dave let me down this year on them but they say they will do better next year now that they know the rules. ;) ;D ;D Good luck Tomi on your hunt,shoot
straight and bring home some meat.Jesse sound like a good spot,hope you hammer down.
How did yall do at Ft. Campbell ? didn't hear from you so I figured yall didn't do any good.
I went for my MRI yesterday ,so I hope I can figure out what is causing the dizzy spells before
I get up in a tree,I'll strap in good but may have to call some of my buddy's to get me down if it acts up. :) By the way Jesse ,I have been hunting deer a long time and still don't know the difference in a buck track and a big doe,I have heard that a lot,maybe someone needs to show me. Just because there are dew prints behind the track don't make it a buck,does have them also. I have seen does make them a lot ,especially in softer ground or running. A really big bucks track will kind of turn out
as they walk but other than that I don't know the difference.Maybe you can teach me something else. :) When you get caught up a little and we get through opening weekend we need to get on the hides,the freezer is full so we don't have anywhere to put any more. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3642 on: September 22, 2009, 07:32:57 am »
Pappy, I hope your MRI turns up something that can be easily corrected to fix your hearing problem.

I got the tips almost finished on the TomB memorial bow yesterday evening. Only lack doing some sanding on them to finish up. I haven't worked on the handle yet, still trying to decide if another piece needs to be glued on or not to give it more depth. ??? :)
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3643 on: September 22, 2009, 08:37:51 am »
What ever you think,just be sure you don't thin it much so it will bend before you glue one on or it will pop off for sure. I am sure you will come up with something nice.I want to fine tune the tiller and be sure we have the right weight this weekend and shoot it some so I can send it off next week,who knows may even take it out for a hunt before I send it on. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3644 on: September 22, 2009, 09:50:01 am »
If you have a bunch of hides to flesh Mark, this might be the way to go.

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,105884.0.html