Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694437 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3765 on: October 26, 2009, 06:04:44 am »
Supper Friday night and then Chad done a little picking around the fire. Also Art showed up Sat. morning,we had him testing the bow we are building for him,he thinks it for another friend that likes the weight he shoots,doesn't have a clue it's for him. ;) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3766 on: October 26, 2009, 06:10:13 am »
Art's new possible bag he made,we plan on getting him on bows next. Some blades Greg cut out.
Test shooting Art's bow and after shooting I put it back on the form for some heat treating and
flipping the tips the it will go to Greg for some tips and handle work. It shoots good ,Art shot it really good. :) He was really bragging on how it shot,don't know it is his. ;) ;D
     Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3767 on: October 26, 2009, 06:17:07 am »
The bow after the form work.A couple of knives Greg made with Osage handles ,the bone handle is one I made and Greg with a small neck knife he is making for a special friend.Our knives[At least mine] aren't as good as some I see on here but I am getting there. Greg pays more attention to detail than I do.[Go figure]  ;D All in all another good weekend hope yalls was the same. :)
Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3768 on: October 26, 2009, 07:39:15 am »
It's easy to get side tracked from hunting sometimes when down at the club when you also enjoy making bows and knifes, etc. Sometimes when you are reallly into making a bow or knife you just don't want to put it down. I am going to have to get serious soon, haven't had any luck hunting so far. I did get that little neck knife done. Will post it later, I forgot the cable to hook to my camera and download.  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3769 on: October 26, 2009, 09:13:11 am »
A cup off coffee and Twin Oaks on early Monday morning is the way I start the new week!  Now that I have been there once, the pictures are easy to understand and believe.  So thanks Pappy for sharing your weekends with all of us "want to be theres"!!!
Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #3770 on: October 26, 2009, 10:16:20 am »
Back to the old grind after a week of "Life is Good"....Had a great time! My German friends wished they had just spent the rest of their American trip at Pappy's, but I am sure Bear Archery will treat 'em good... ;)

We saw plenty of critters. I let a doe walk by me that had a little buck trailing her and ended up not getting a shot at either of them, but that is why they call it hunting... ;D

We had beautiful weather, the leaves were nearly all changed, and I got to see several old friends. I also enjoyed seeing the excitement from my German friends. It helped me appreciate how lucky I am to get to sit in a treestand with my bow...shot or no shot.
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #3771 on: October 26, 2009, 01:55:04 pm »
Gentlemen,
   I haven't the words to articulate how much I miss being there at this point.  Somebody stick a fork in me because I'm done. Wore out. It's been a long year of hard fighting, little sleep and plenty of stress. I'd just like to see the leaves change colors. Okay, enough whoa is me. 

Greg - love those blades. Very nice.
   Tell Art I said hello. Good on you for making him a bow.
42 days left fellas. 42 days.
Jimmy

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #3772 on: October 26, 2009, 02:19:05 pm »
  Hey Jimmy, i know what you mean.. i used to day dream about standing on those rocks around the fire pit.
42days, your be back before ya know it.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3773 on: October 26, 2009, 02:39:45 pm »
We can't wait Jimmy. We have all been thinking about you(and all the other guys and gals) over there and sending prayers and best wishes. If you would like, we can send you pics of the leaves. I know it's not the same but if it helps, let us know.

Be safe and get home soon.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline woodstick

« Reply #3774 on: October 26, 2009, 07:10:26 pm »
looks like another win win weekend. glad to see good pics from yall.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3775 on: October 26, 2009, 07:56:29 pm »
Good times, good folks and a great place to do what ya like. Hell, I miss that place too - cmon next Classic ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #3776 on: October 27, 2009, 12:00:56 am »
I can be there on less than a quarter tank of gas Paul :P
 Jimmy, hang in there. We're all rooting for you and will be happy to see you home.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3777 on: October 27, 2009, 12:02:34 am »
                                  Shannon...that just aint right pouring Salt in a Wound like that!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3778 on: October 27, 2009, 05:29:02 am »
Can't wait Jimmy,you be careful,I think and send up a little prayer every morning,see ya before Christmas.  :) Cowboy,Mike,Shanon yall come anytime.  :) You are right ,Art is a fine fellow and never
ask for anything just says he just loves to be there and hang out,he love bows and has been a real
good fit for the club.It is going to be cool when we give the bow to him cause we have been letting him test it thinking it is for one of our friends in AK. Sneaky ant we. ;) :) :) Glad you enjoy it
Woodstick and Pokie.  :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3779 on: October 27, 2009, 07:55:23 am »
Jimmy, man I feel for you and wish you didn't have to be there! I know you love the fall woods as much as any of us here and its got to be tough being away from home and family. I still remember our morning hunt together and standing on that high bluff over the Red River and looking down at the cattle feeding in the bottom. That was a fine hunt and I can't remember if we even saw any deer. Sometimes you experience an event and conciously know while it's happening that this will be a memory I'm going to tuck away and revisit from time to time. That morning on the river bluff was one of those. The morning hunt with Pappy when he took the buck with the point Shannon made him from an Aunt Jemima bottle was another one for me. Take care Jimmy and I look forward to your safe return! :)

Yeah, Art is a fine northern gentleman...and yes there is such a thing in my book. Pappy refers to him as our "token yankee". ;D Art has watched Pappy, BigA,  and I make many many bows and he is always there with a word of encouragement and a compliment or two. We thought it would be cool to make him one, and I think he'll really appreciate it. I don't know who will benefit the most from the gift, he or us...
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...