Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705411 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Life is good
« Reply #4320 on: March 08, 2010, 12:30:43 pm »
Looks like it was nice, eventhough short.  Those hats look great - you selling some at the classic?
1’—>1’

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4321 on: March 08, 2010, 01:13:27 pm »

Well Pappy, thanks to you and the pictures of those sausages and saur kraut, I got a craving for them, so......I am digging out the sausage from the freezer, and opening up a jar of saur kraut now! ;D  I decided that I will have that for lunch, in stead of the left over turkey and rice.   ;)  My mouth is watering now...... :o
                                                                          Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4322 on: March 08, 2010, 01:37:44 pm »
Ya Parnell we will have some at the Classic,Wayne you are making me hungry again,been trying to cut back but it is hard to do around the cabin. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4323 on: March 08, 2010, 01:50:24 pm »

Yeah, well pay backs baby, pay backs! ;D  I cooked some sweet potatoes, with butter, and cinnamon, and even as I type, I am enjoying them, and the kraut and sausage. 8)  From the sound of the posts on here about your activities at the farm, doesn't sound like you need to worry about not burning off a few extra pounds.  It is not the fat, or calories, it is the sugar, from High Fructose corn syrup, and starches, that actually make you fat.  So enjoy your meal, just cut back on the starches, High Fructose,and certain fruits, and enjoy life. ;)

Wayne

Offline HoleinthebowChuck

« Reply #4324 on: March 08, 2010, 02:28:11 pm »
Pappy
I almost cried when I seen you split that stave. :'( I've had trouble on the last couple
I built. One is making a ticking noise and the other broke right before hunting season.
I'm working on one right now, hopefully it survives.

I'm going to try to get down to the Classic. Dave and Barb are going for sure.
Chuck

Offline BearG

« Reply #4325 on: March 08, 2010, 11:14:59 pm »
tee minus 11 days and diffently counting
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4326 on: March 09, 2010, 06:20:51 am »
Can't wait Bear,I thought about you as I was splitting it Chuck, ;) :)I think I have another for you.
Hope you can make it but if not I will send it North with Davy he said he was planing on coming.
Gary Davis called last night and he is stopping by the 15th of March and staying through the 16th
or 17th.I have taken a couple of day off.He is headed to Texas today and don't know what he is doing but wanted to be sure my cooler was working. ;) :) I suspect he is on his Rattle snake round up. :) Got some stuff cleaned up yesterday at the cabin,we are getting ready for or 2 day shoot
on the 20th 21st,then on to the Classic.I plan on getting a raw hide back on the snaky kids bow today,it seems to be fine but since I am giving it away I don't want to take any chances.I have a small set of skins also,it should be cool. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4327 on: March 10, 2010, 06:47:06 am »
Gary stopped by yesterday on the way to Texas,I was right about the Rattle snake round up.He said he usually gets a couple of hundred skins. :) He is coming back on Monday.He dropped off  a couple
of stave's he wants me and him to tiller and get shooting when he gets back.They are some
beautiful Osage stave's,the only thing is they are backwards,the belly is the back,they came from a small tree and after chasing the growth ring on the back/belly you can still see the line of pith on the back.He said he had never done one like that and I haven't either,he has put 3 fine layers of sinew on the back.Mine is 62 n-n his is 64n-n.It should be fun to see how they turn out. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #4328 on: March 10, 2010, 09:51:11 am »
Pappy, let me get this right the inside of the stave, the pith area will be the back of the bow.  It will be backed with sinew.  Quite interesting.  I have a small stave that I split that left me with too little heart wood to make a bow the traditional way of using the outside of the tree for the back.  I was thinking of reversing it and backing it with hickory.  PLEASE post your progress on this bow.
Dave
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4329 on: March 10, 2010, 06:03:07 pm »
Dave....there is no reason that You can not make a Backwards Bow that way also....just plane it flat ....and laminate the Hickory to it...or Bamboo for that Matter...they will all work
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #4330 on: March 10, 2010, 09:01:07 pm »
El. thanks for your advice.  Now all I need is hickory strips.  I'm working on that, though.  :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4331 on: March 11, 2010, 07:06:13 am »
Gary don't want me to work on till he gets back Monday evening,he wants us to do them both together to compair tillering styles,as long as I have known him he has never really seen me make a bow and I have never seen him. I will let yall know how it turns out,I see no reason it won't work.
Just never had a reason to try it ,I have thought about it a few times when I split a small tree
that had some bend in it,one half had reflex and the other half had deflex,I always just straightened the one with deflex or didn't use it at all,if this works OK ,problem solved. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline yazoo

« Reply #4332 on: March 11, 2010, 12:29:39 pm »
wish I didnt have to split osage I would like to see that :'(
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4333 on: March 12, 2010, 06:31:17 am »
Ya Mike I am sure he would like to see you also. Well it's Friday,got a big weekend planed,we have a club meeting and working Sat.to get ready for our shoot coming up next weekend,lots to do.Also Shanon is coming down[I think he likes that place] ;) :) love having him. Also got a package yesterday from Half eye,it was a tube full of bows,mighty fine work and very nice of him sending them to me,he ask me to get them to folks that needed a bow,great looking bows and the weight is just right for some lucky ladies and kids.I really appreciate it and will be sure to get pictures of the happy faces when I give them away.I put some rawhide on my kids snake bow yesterday and plan on skinning it today ,other than that just cleaning up and getting the place ready for vistors.Hope yall have a good one also,see ya Monday. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #4334 on: March 12, 2010, 10:36:05 am »
seven days away this time next week I'll be driving south at this time.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.