Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705400 times)

Offline Big A

Re: Life is good
« Reply #4530 on: April 14, 2010, 03:03:16 pm »
Ticks are out at Twin Oaks. I get them every time I go on the range.
 BigA

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #4531 on: April 14, 2010, 05:24:23 pm »
What is the stuff everyone uses there that repels them, starts with pyr, and where do you find the stuff, all I see at Wally world is the deet stuff.
Dana?
VB

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4532 on: April 14, 2010, 05:26:24 pm »
Perenome, not sure if thats spelled right, I bought it at wally world in the campin section.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline RG

« Reply #4533 on: April 14, 2010, 06:36:01 pm »
Not sure about the spelling either Dana maybe Permanon I just know the can when I see it It is for spraying on clothes only if you can spray it on the skin it wont help Most of the Wally Worlds have quit selling it chemical problem I think
We get it at our CO-OP or TSC or Southern States any place that sells farm supplies

Ron

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4534 on: April 14, 2010, 06:37:38 pm »
I will check wally world next time I'm there but may have to go to a feed store or maybe Tractor Supply.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4535 on: April 14, 2010, 10:01:48 pm »
 Feed stores or Vet's have it in a concentrated form. A quart is enough for a lifetime, unless you are a cow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4536 on: April 15, 2010, 06:26:22 am »
If I can remember,one more thing,I will try and get someone to pick up a case and have it on hand.
Here are some pictures Chris sent from the weekend.The first is one of our young hunters,Hunter with his youth hunt bird,then some trimming and wood cutting ,getting ready for the Classic,we don't want you folks to get cold.  ;) :) :) King Ron is the official wood splitter operator.Man he has that down pat. ;) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #4537 on: April 15, 2010, 11:22:19 am »
TEE MINUS 8 DAYS
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

HatchA

« Reply #4538 on: April 15, 2010, 07:46:36 pm »
You guys just can't help but rub it in, can ya??  :D

I think I'm gonna move over there... ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4539 on: April 15, 2010, 08:08:42 pm »
 Great looking bird, Hunter, Congratulations.

That wood splitting enterprise looks like lesson #3 in the OSHA class I attended a few weeks ago. :o ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4540 on: April 16, 2010, 06:36:11 am »
HatchA,come on down. Ya Eddie I have said many time down there that OSHA wouldn't like us very much. ;) ;D ;D Friday again and I am headed down as soon as I get off.I got all of the grass cut yesterday except for the top camp ground/parking lot.I also got all but 2 arrows fletched and ready to tie the feathers and nocks.A few came down yesterday and started setting the range,They got all the targets laid out except for the moose and Caribou.We will finish that up today and Saturday
and tweak the range.BigA has the practice range in good shape so yall should enjoy that.We only have one more weekend after this to get things ready so needless to say we have a lot to do.It is a lot of work, but fun work. :) There is no telling what else will be going on,KingRon is bringing his camper and grandsons so it should be a fun weekend.Hope yall have a good on,see ya Monday. :)
Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #4541 on: April 16, 2010, 07:54:40 am »
Holy cow Pappy where in the heck u get those snakes!!!!  I love your work and your work shop looks awesome too!  It appears you have a few staves as well!

Russell
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4542 on: April 16, 2010, 08:05:40 am »
Them came from Gary Davis,he went to Texas on a Rattle snake round up. Thanks for the complament,come visit sometime. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #4543 on: April 16, 2010, 11:05:40 am »
TEE MINUS 7 DAYS!!!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #4544 on: April 16, 2010, 03:46:20 pm »
I think I'll come check what needs helping with tomorrow.  See ya there friends.

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee