Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705619 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4800 on: May 14, 2010, 06:22:30 am »
Ya they look good,and were. ;) :) We had 3 guys from Germany 1 from CA. and Joe from Wyoming.
Lot from up North, also the UP and Wisconsin. HatchA ,yes that is what that is,some forget but I try and get everyone to put a pin where they are from,pretty cool to look at later. Finely Friday,I plan on heading to the cabin this evening,still got some clean/straighten to do but about have everything back in shape. I need to take dow my deer stands,should have already done that but I always put it off till the Classic is over. I have a couple of blades to put handles on,Miss Joanie gave me my Fathers day gift early,1 dagger and 2 nice blades she bought from Jesse at our first shoot.
VerY nice and will make some fine knives. ;) ;D ;D Also got a bunch of Trukey wings to process.The one I killed and 3 more sets I think,who knows I might even get another,This is the last weekend
for Turkey so I may give them one more try. I have only been out twice so far. O ya also need to mow,that is never done. :( :( :) Hope yall have a good one also .Life is good.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #4801 on: May 14, 2010, 10:41:27 am »
Pappy, i am headed to dyersburg to help Mike clean up from the fllood. so i want be around this weekend.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Otis

« Reply #4802 on: May 14, 2010, 08:44:15 pm »
Sorry to here that Mike. I couldn't believe how many people were there Thursday evening. I didn't get one either. Those in the picture were for the guys at work. Next year will be different. I 'll be sure you get some. Chris, how is Arlie? Hope she's better and the water has receeded. See you guys in a few weeks.
                                                                                                          David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4803 on: May 14, 2010, 11:01:52 pm »
 Congratulations on the bird, Pappy. I hate to here you guy's are still cleaning up. It is starting to sound like Hurricane Season down here. Sodbuster, Butterbean told me to tell you Hi, and Pappy hope you can do that hog hunt in June.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #4804 on: May 16, 2010, 09:28:07 pm »
Hey Otis, Arlie is out of the hospital and raising kane.......LOL  Hey don't forget to bring the right peppers this time!!   

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #4805 on: May 16, 2010, 09:29:39 pm »
Hey butterbean, how is your hammer hanging? Are you going to make it to the world shoot in July -- I need some lessons. ;D

Offline Otis

« Reply #4806 on: May 16, 2010, 10:10:33 pm »
Sodbuster, are you going to make Cloverdale? If so you'll get the right ones then. Butterbean can't shoot a lick. Probably scared to even string a bow around you. :) Did you get out and hunt this last weekend?  I wanted to come down and give it one last shot, but had too much to do around here. Tell Arlie to stay well now and no more of those little fits of hers.                                             David

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #4807 on: May 16, 2010, 10:20:40 pm »
WE are planning on coming, the flood has us in a whirlwind.  I haven't had to go hunting, but I called for Case yesterday but it didn't work out, but we saw a big bird. We have fishing fever, all the boat ramps have been blocked off, we are impatiently waiting.

butterbean

« Reply #4808 on: May 16, 2010, 10:38:48 pm »
 I thought yall were done with birds up there?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4809 on: May 17, 2010, 06:55:20 am »
Another great weekend,wet but pretty productive, Got the yard mowed and the rest of the camp ground cleaned up.also got about Half of my deer stand down Sat. morning,Beau cam down to give the old man a hand,great spending a little time with him. :) Got the points that Miss Joanie gave me for Fathers day mounted and all my Tutkey wings worked up,man them things pile up on you. :) Also
of course ate good. I also got the heads put up from the toilet bole napping, Now it's time to start
packing or at least getting my stuff together for Rayn's shoot in a couple of weeks. I put some arrows together Friday evening but ant had a chance to shoot them yet.Hope yall had a good one also.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4810 on: May 17, 2010, 06:58:46 am »
Good help in the kitchen and Hannah just watching,thinking about things to come.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4811 on: May 17, 2010, 07:03:02 am »
Working on my horn Ryan and outback gave me,not having much luck getting it drilled,Then just relaxing around the fire in between rain. I put Cracker's favorite cut up in a safe place,he will have to make it back up to retrieve it. ;) :)
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4812 on: May 17, 2010, 07:08:35 am »
Beau shows up Sat. morning to give me a hand with our stands,Nice shot of a couple of box turtles,don't see them to often anymore.Also Putter having a blast running and riding around the farm,that boy is something else,he fits right in.  :) And also working up my Turkey wings,I also saved the wing bones off of 2 of them,plan on trying my hand at some wing bone calls. :)   
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4813 on: May 17, 2010, 07:13:00 am »
Just when I thought I was finished up with Turkey wings,Doug came in with another,23 lbs,double beard,one 11 inches the other 7 and 1 inch spurs. Then lunch and more shooting the bull and relaxing.we can't get enough of that after the last few weeks. ;) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4814 on: May 17, 2010, 07:17:21 am »
Wing bones boiled,just need a little clean up,Putter got stuck in the mud hole,he followed me and Terry hauling off all the wet straw left aroung the camp ground,Also GreB got a lot of knife worke done over the weekend. He is really turning them out now.Great time had by all.Life is good.  :) :)
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good