Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705182 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5220 on: September 14, 2010, 03:07:27 pm »
Looks like good times as usual.....still cant believe we missed the Classic.... gonna hafta stop lookin at this thread, its killin me :-\.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Online Otis

« Reply #5221 on: September 14, 2010, 07:49:39 pm »
Pappy, don't kill them all before I get there. :)  You'll have one more stand to put up when I get there too.  My brother-in-law got his tanks filled for this welder and finished that ladderstand for me.  This is one I won't care if you put me in. I think you'll really like it.  I have to get it painted this weekend. It looks like I won't be down til Mon. My uncle called late last week and wants to go to the handicap hunt they have at one of our Military bases, so I'm taking him. His health is bad. I didn't think he would be going this year, but he says he's feeling better. So, we'll see. Hope you have a good second half to you fall Classic and win. Bye.
                                                                   David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5222 on: September 15, 2010, 06:09:00 am »
Thanks David,I can use it.I put up another stand yesterday,it going to be a killer stand,at least I think it will. It is in a little patch of woods right off a good food plot,with white oak and a huge persimmon tree on either side of it. It's a new place I haven't hunted in several years. I also got all
4 plots finished.Now all I need to do is shoot some. Koan we missed yall this year,you missed a very
good and wet time. ;) ;D ;D I mean very very wet time. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5223 on: September 15, 2010, 11:23:39 pm »
Good things just go together.

Like Beans and cornbread, along with rain and the Tennessee Classic.   ;D
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5224 on: September 17, 2010, 06:01:04 am »
Friday again,also it is my 58th birthday  ;D ;D ;D I would have taken better care of myself if I had
only known I would live this long. :) Finely got my bushhog ready so I plan on finishing that up this evening.Miss Joanie wanted to know what I wanted for my birthday,I told to bushhog. ;) :) I also need to get the rest of my arrows checked out and heads sharp.Other than that just do some shooting,scouting and maybe another stand or 2. Hope yall have a good one,I know I plan to. :)
Life is good. :) :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5225 on: September 17, 2010, 06:59:36 am »
 :) :) :) Happy birthday Pappy!  58 is old enough to know what life is all about  8) and young enough to really enjoy all the things you can do!  A/Ho Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5226 on: September 17, 2010, 08:00:20 am »
Thanks Joe, ya time flies when you are having fun ,I mostly still feel like a kid,Other than a few more ache and pains. Miss Joanie told me just last night that I couldn't keep doing all the things that I did when I was in my 20's,Like climbing trees and working on the farm when no one knows where I am at or what I am up to,I told her I plan on doing it as long as I live and able. If you slow down because you think that way as far as I am concerned it over. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

wwalker

« Reply #5227 on: September 17, 2010, 08:09:24 am »
Happy Birthday and many more.

Offline cracker

« Reply #5228 on: September 17, 2010, 08:39:08 am »
Happy birthday Pappy hope you have a big time.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #5229 on: September 17, 2010, 10:02:04 am »
Happy Birthday Pappy!!Hopefully you can cap it with a good buck this season.Hope to make it to the next classic!!Have a good day ;)

Randy
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline BearG

« Reply #5230 on: September 17, 2010, 10:25:48 am »
Happy Birthday Brother!  Hope you have a Great weekend and Miss Joanie is right about one thing.  You should let someone know where your at.  Just in case. 
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline joanieb

« Reply #5231 on: September 17, 2010, 11:18:16 am »
58 years ago today. Who would have ever believed a small boy would grow up to be a bowyer? Someone who makes special "Bows" out of the tree limbs he use to climb in, swing from, play cowboys and indians. Today years later, he is still shooting arrows, and hitting targets. My wish for you is that you always hit what you are shooting at no matter how old you get... HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. :o

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5232 on: September 17, 2010, 11:36:13 am »
Yep...Pappy....She's a keeper to...That Miss Joannie is one sweet woman...and I thinks She's sweet on You.... ;D
Happy Birthday Pappy....and remember what my Granddaddy told Me....If You Never Grow Up....Then You'll Never Grow Old....Stay Young at Heart son....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

HatchA

« Reply #5233 on: September 17, 2010, 01:28:57 pm »
Hey Pappy, happy birthday man!

Remember...  growing old is mandatory.  Growing UP, is optional!

;)

All the best,

Steve

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5234 on: September 17, 2010, 04:25:15 pm »
I refuse to grow old.....I may mature and age....but I will fight growing old....tooth....fang and claw....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome