Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705162 times)

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5310 on: October 06, 2010, 02:39:58 pm »
Dang pappy! Im very happy your seeing more deer this year!
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Keith V

« Reply #5311 on: October 07, 2010, 01:09:30 pm »
I killed a big doe yesterday morning at about 7 yds. She went about 60 yds. and went down. Had turkeys all around 12 big long beards and a bunch of hens. Had to move to get the shot on the deer. The turkeys got upset but did not seem to bother the deer. Good morning.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5312 on: October 08, 2010, 06:33:46 am »
Congrats Keith, I went yesterday and seen 5 doe but they didn't want to come over and play, :) :)maybe today. Its Friday and I am so glad,been a long week at work and need some rest and relaxation,and think I know just the place to get it. ;) :) I am headed to the cabin as soon as I can get out of here,Beau is meeting me there this evening to hunt for a day or 2 and that is always fun.
Kind of like old time other that he has to head back to his wife instead of back home with me. He had his 25th birthday yesterday so we may just do a late celebration tonight,got back strap steaks laid out so you know we will eat good.The temps have come back up in the mid to high 80's so evening hunting is not the greatest but Ha ,the season is still young. Don't know who else will show
up but I am sure some will.Haven't talked to Art but hope he makes it back,the deer seem to be moving better this week,I would love to see him get a shot.Hope yall have a good one,see ya Monday. Life is good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5313 on: October 08, 2010, 08:12:16 am »
Sounds like a good weekend planned, Pappy. Tell Beau I said Happy Birthday and good luck on the deer.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5314 on: October 08, 2010, 08:12:25 am »
I haven't been hunting much since opening weekend, only Saturday afternoon of last weekend. It was a pretty eventful hunt. I jumped a decent 8 point going to my stand. Had a gobbler at about twenty five yards behind me. Later two does came behind me and the larger of the two picked me out. They were on higher ground and even eye level. She left out and took the smaller one with her. Right at dark I had another doe I think come in front of me at about twenty five yards feeding on acorns. Then an 8 point showed up. I watched him feed for about fifteen minutes and it was getting pretty dark. I finally got a shot at him at about fifteen yards, and think I shot low. I loss sight of my arrow on release. Found the arrow and no blood, so it was a clean miss. I may go this afternoon if I can get out of here early enough.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5315 on: October 08, 2010, 12:39:03 pm »
See ya later this afternoon Pappy.  Soon as the wife gets back from Ft Campbell I'll be headed your way.  My project this weekend is my David Knight bow.  I need to drop some weight off it.  Been thinking hard about putting a skin on it like I seen Bear do with his.  I got to remember to bring Greg his arrows.  Hope John T shows up I got some rock needs some attention. 
See ya later.

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline BearG

« Reply #5316 on: October 08, 2010, 01:30:38 pm »
Mark drink a beer or two with Beau for me and wish him a Happy Birthday.  I'll let you know soon what my plans will be.  But I think I'll be down that week.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5317 on: October 11, 2010, 06:15:40 am »
Cool bear,looking forward to it. Had a great weekend,no deer for me but Beau Killed another big doe. Man he is on this year. Hit her a little to far back,it was quartering toward him more than he thought ,the entry shot was back some but the exit was even worse,so we decided to let her lay Friday night,and found her about 50 yards from where we left her so that was a good move. Also got some bow work and knife work done. You know we ate good to boot.Here are a few pictures of the weekend. Hope yall had a good one also. :) The first was getting supper ready for Friday
night and the evening hunt,we do it all down there ,from bow work to car repair. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5318 on: October 11, 2010, 06:20:55 am »
Jon shooting his re tillered Boo back bow,some of Earls knife  work[GregB ] brother.
Beau's deer,102 lb doe ] and  was supposed to be supper, But Kevin came in with some fresh crappie supper. ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5319 on: October 11, 2010, 06:25:40 am »
Shooting Jon's new bow,man it shoots great,Then me skinning Beau's deer and saving some very important parts,like Brain and hide. Then getting Jon's bow ready for some skins.We blacked the back,it really make the Diamond back skins stand out. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5320 on: October 11, 2010, 06:30:49 am »
Fleshing the hide,getting ready to brain tan,Jon working on tips for JohnT 's Hickory bow, A knife JohnT made for Case,one of the kids you see on here a lot,he was out of town this weekend so
John will give it to him next week. Case loves knives and I know he will like this one,it's a beauty. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5321 on: October 11, 2010, 06:34:48 am »
JohnT doing a little tip work on his Hickory bow,I am putting some skins on Jon's bow and a nice blade JohnT finished up. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5322 on: October 11, 2010, 06:39:15 am »
Always time for a little knife work. ;) :) :) Then getting supper ready,this is what you call starting from scratch. Man they were tasty tho.  :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5323 on: October 11, 2010, 06:46:20 am »
Jon's skins finished,JohnT knocked out a little arrow head for Miss Joanie,Me shooting a little
sinew backed Osage Gary Davis sent me. Woody's new toy  ;) ;D ;D JohnT doing a little cain straightening.  :) He was amazed at the ones Cora straightened so he is working on doing the
same,don't think he can do that good but got them pretty straight. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5324 on: October 11, 2010, 07:04:11 am »
Then it was time for Supper,we didn't have any meal so I used Shanon's seasoning,he said it was good on anythin and he was right,fresh Crappie and fried taters,I fried some on the grill and Kevin
and Woody deep fried some of it,It was all good. Then on the way out Sunday got a close up shot at these 3 Toms,The lead one is a pig,Maybe get a shot at him sometime this season. With family  good friends and great food,along with all the other stuff going on just don't get much better that that. Life is good.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good