Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693904 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5595 on: December 16, 2010, 05:36:15 am »
Ya Joe it is great having him back, We miss you to,Like I said I wished all of yall were closer. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5596 on: December 17, 2010, 06:40:52 am »
Friday again,I am headed down when I get off,no big plans but seem something always comes up :).We have a club meeting Sat. at noon ,it will be great to see all the guys I don't see much of in the winter again.I think Jon and Woody are coming down and Might even get to see Jimmy this weekend. I have a little work planed on the Osage bow,trim the Rawhide I put on last week,
cut the nocks and start the tillering process,Also got a new fridge for the cabin I need to get in
and filled. ;) ;D I just hope it works,it was new but clumsy me turned it over unloading it last night by myself,should have waited for help ??? ???,now it looks like a scratch and dent. :) :)
Miss Joanie was really proud of me. ;) :) :)Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. :)   
Life is good. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5597 on: December 17, 2010, 09:58:01 am »
If it don't work dont tell her.  go get another one.  Always remember to ask forgiviness not permission.  LOL  We both know that wouldn't fly at eigher of our houses.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline RG

« Reply #5598 on: December 17, 2010, 10:39:28 am »
See you there early in the morning Pappy This is the weekend I have to pass the Crown over I know Big A will
do great and I will help him out any time he needs me

Ron

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5599 on: December 17, 2010, 10:41:50 am »
Boy, King Ron, you have already relinquished the crown and it ain't even Saturday yet. It took me a minute to realize who "RG" was.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BearG

« Reply #5600 on: December 17, 2010, 12:25:20 pm »
Now and forever King Ron!!!!   Long Live The King!!! ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5601 on: December 17, 2010, 12:47:18 pm »
Long Live The King!!  :)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5602 on: December 17, 2010, 01:23:25 pm »
Should be a fun weekend.  I'll be there this afternoon.  I need to put the Ironwood on the form. 

Life is going to be better in a few hours.

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline RG

« Reply #5603 on: December 17, 2010, 07:34:14 pm »
Yea Pat it looked like I was in a hurry but I wasn't I figured I better do it while I was on

Ron

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #5604 on: December 18, 2010, 04:33:35 am »
Hi to Pappy, Greg, John,Ron, Jesse, and everyone else. The thought of spring and the classic is what's keepin me going through the winter which has set in here in Michigan, we had our first substantial snow storm last weekend, 11 inches and high winds to create some big drifts. The temps here are below normal for this time of year, single digits and teens, so I think it's gonna be a long nasty winter. Oh well, when life gives you ice, go ice fishing.
John is quite modest in talking about deserving the knife I made for him, I won't go into all the details but like you other southerners he has given many gifts of the heart in the short time I've known him, John went out of his way to set up accomodations this last classic for my wife and me and made sure we were comfortable the entire time we were there,just like Pappy, Ron, Greg, Bear, I know I'm leaving lots of people out, you're all good people. I wouldn't even consider going anywhere else for my spring vacation, if I can't go to the classic I'm not goin anywhere.
My archery season here ended with a spike horn that I shot with the longbow John gave me that was made by cornstalker, I used a bamboo shaft from David Knight, and a home made blade from bandsaw blade stock that saw filer brought the first year I was there. I gutted the deer with my favorite hand made knife from a file blade, the knife making bug was fed by Gregb at this last classic, so in a way I took ya all hunting with me. Sadly medical issues prevented me from hunting as much as I usually do. But theres always next year.
Hope you all have an extra merry Christmas, have good health, the gift of family and a few cool gifts to top it all off.
VB

Offline cracker

« Reply #5605 on: December 18, 2010, 07:11:03 am »
VB  good to see you're still around look forward to seeing you at the classic this year. Kin Ron long live the king look forward to seeing all you guys again this spring. I gotta think up something good to cook for all of you again. HMMMM Ron.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #5606 on: December 18, 2010, 06:18:17 pm »
Looks like Oahu is out for the Honeymoon.  :(

Still ticked!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #5607 on: December 18, 2010, 10:07:06 pm »
Pappy  You say it seems to make the fleshing easier if you soak the deer hide in water first ? How long a soak ?  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Theo 3

• Crested Butte, CO
« Reply #5608 on: December 20, 2010, 01:29:53 am »
Hi Everyone, We hope you are all doing great, the deer season was successful and you have a wonderful Christmas and prosperous New Year! We are watching the snow pile up and looking for Dec. 21st so we can turn the corner towards Spring. We are very excited to have our new Apple MacBook so we can stay in touch and organize our photos. Pappy, we will burn a disk of our summer trip and the IBO shoot so you can post the ones you like. 
Hunting cleanses the soul and rejuvenates the mind...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5609 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:59 am »
Thanks VB,looking forward as always to seeing you and yours this spring, Theo3 ,that will be great,and thanks. Frank ,just long enough for it to get soft again,better to do it right off the deer but if that ant possible just soak it for a couple of hours if it hasn't been frozen,if it has it takes a little longer. Another great weekend,didn't get a lot of shop work done but did manage to get my project Osage floor tillered,nocks cut and the rawhide trimmed and thinned. Ready to tiller next
week.I hunted Sat. and Sunday morning and like it has been all year,missed a fat little 6 point
chasing a doe,Low. :) :) On meeting went good Sat.Had most of the guys there and that was great to get to see them,it was a little sad with KingRon passing the torch but Big A seem excited and we all know he is more that capeable and qualified to do the job. :) Hope yall had a good one also.Here are a few pictures of the fun.Woody and Jon stayed with me and Pete stayed in his camper Friday night,lots of fun and laughs around the fire.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good