Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694224 times)

Offline Theo 3

• Crested Butte, CO
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5700 on: January 16, 2011, 01:09:14 pm »
Hi Pappy and all, Happy Birthday to Miss Joanie and your Mom, as well! As Buckeye Guy stated, it is a lot harder to talk to them in Heaven. We love checking out all the replies and photos, as it is almost like being there. The knife work by GregB and Jon is impressive, especially the leather tooling by Greg. Glad to see you received some snow, maybe it will knock down the ticks a bit. ! Trying to figure out how to make it to the Classic... Have some HHB from NH to bring you. Love from the Evans Family
Hunting cleanses the soul and rejuvenates the mind...

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5701 on: January 16, 2011, 01:51:14 pm »
If you need help with a Ride...if you can make it to Amarillo...I can get you the rest of the way!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5702 on: January 17, 2011, 10:51:25 pm »
Had a great weekend at my club.  Made myself a new knife.  Pappy took the before, this is the after.  :)

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5703 on: January 18, 2011, 06:36:37 am »
It was a great weekend,spent a little time with Miss Joanie Friday night and Sat. evening with the to Other women in my life Miss Joanie and Mom.Great time.I also got to spend a lot of time at the Cabin in between. The kids had a good time,only 1 deer but fun just the same.We had a good meeting Sat. and I also got a lot done,you can get something done when you can't hunt. ;) ;D ;D I got my Osage project shooting ,tips glued on and skins on and teary to finish,I also got my new snaky Osage floor tillered/nocks cut and ready to tiller,in between all that I also made a knife,skinned a deer for the hide and cooked so I was busy.Here are a few pictures of the weekend. Hope you enjoy and had a good one also. :) Good looking knife Jon. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5704 on: January 18, 2011, 06:41:48 am »
That was my new knife started. :) This is my new sanke bow[hopefully] :) GregB showing Don some stuff on knife making, Jon getting started on is new knife. :) Didn't look like much to start with. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5705 on: January 18, 2011, 06:46:06 am »
Getting my snake bow floor tillered, A whole lot of bull being spread. ;) ;D ;D And Doug's new Hickory bow he just finished,looks and shoots great. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5706 on: January 18, 2011, 06:50:30 am »
Cases's big doe and all or young hunters talking about there day. :) can't beat that. A little knife work for me. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5707 on: January 18, 2011, 06:57:46 am »
Handle finished on my knife,gathering a little fire wood,we got to have a big cutting [SOON] shooting the new Osage,it has a few issues but with the worm holes it had I am leaving like it as is,shoots good .Case is working on a walking stick for a special friend. And me digging out supper.  ;):) :) man it was tasty. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5708 on: January 18, 2011, 07:02:56 am »
Cutting some nocks in my snake bow and first little bend on the tiller stick,Case done a little squirrel hunting after he killed the deer,Chris working on a sheath for his knife. Sadie found her a warm spot. Jesse wasn't there so she took up with Case. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5709 on: January 18, 2011, 07:11:56 am »
The last picture was Brian and his son Hunter,hunted hard just no deer. :) Getting tips glued on my Osage and ready for skins,I like to black the back when using Diamond backs,makes the diamonds stand out better.Skinning and boning Cases's deer and then Jesse shows up and want to show out doing pull ups,man I wished I could still do that.Great to be young but being older ant that bad either. ;) :) Great time with some great guys. thats it for this week,can't wait till the
next one. Life is good.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5710 on: January 18, 2011, 09:09:38 am »
Spent the day at the club Saturday and really enjoyed myself! How could a person help but enjoy themselves if you like the kind of stuff we all here like??? I've taken a long break from bow making...been a year this past August since I've made one from start to finish although I helped with quite a few during the last Classic. I think I may try my hand at an elm here before long. ;)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:57:51 am by GregB »
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #5711 on: January 18, 2011, 09:59:21 am »
Looks like fun Pappy.
I am due a visit.
Let me know a few days in advance before the "Big Firewood Cutting".
If I can make it I will bring my saw up and Earn my Keep.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5712 on: January 18, 2011, 01:45:47 pm »
 What a great looking weekend, You all are some lucky.  Pappy that snake bow is incredible and had my tounge hanging out from the first look.  

Greg good to see ya back at what you enjoy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5713 on: January 18, 2011, 02:11:35 pm »
Pappy, is that some of Shannon's snakey osage? I see it is billets.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5714 on: January 19, 2011, 06:11:51 am »
Yep Pat, He gave me a set last year to make one bow,I was greedy and split them again and should get 2 from them,got to be careful not as much wood to work with now. ;) :) It was a great weekend Keenan them kids are something else. :) David we are planing on cutting in a couple of weeks,love to have you wood cutting or no wood cutting,yes you are due a trip up. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good