Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693536 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5760 on: January 31, 2011, 10:16:57 am »
Sure could use all those fellows to put up my winter wood.  Mondays early I set in front of the confuser with a cup of coffee and check out the pictures and count the days to the Classic.  Your place has some real magic!  Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline BearG

« Reply #5761 on: January 31, 2011, 02:15:56 pm »
Mark looked like you where down to punk wood.  I bet you where getting stressed out and about to start loading up the Kaboda.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5762 on: February 01, 2011, 06:07:44 am »
Ya Bear,I feel much better now. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5763 on: February 01, 2011, 07:30:16 am »
Yeah, when I was there for Christmas I noticed wood was low.  You probably had some fresh falls from all this weather.  I look forward to getting back to that warming fire.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5764 on: February 01, 2011, 02:49:01 pm »
All I can say was it was a hard days work. 
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5765 on: February 03, 2011, 06:19:15 am »
Ya the soreness has finely gone away,I may be able to use a draw knife or scraper again
by the weekend, :) I am getting to old for many days like that,we need some young members,
More like Jesse. :) I was looking around Sat. and I think everyone there except Jesse was over
50, :(we need some young blood so we can teach them how to do this stuff,trouble is keeping them focused,there minds are on other things. ;) >:D >:D Guess mine was also at one time. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5766 on: February 03, 2011, 05:10:14 pm »

Well Pappy, if the younger Bucks, can't keep their minds on cutting fire wood, and keep wandering off for other things, just combine the two.  Get some nice looking young thangs, in short shorts, and then get the young Bucks, down to cut fire wood, and have the young thangs, bat their eye lashes, and smile, and talk about how they just love the show about lumber jacks, and how much wood they cut, and wow , you look, like you could cut maybe a tree or two, I wonder which of you could really cut some trees, and cut them into fire wood, and stack them for Pappy.......well you wouldn't have a tree standing, by the end of the day.

Wayne

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5767 on: February 03, 2011, 07:27:15 pm »
LOL Pappy.   I know some of you may not know Jesse, but many of you do.  He's that young man who you want with you when it's time for heavy lifting.  Strong as an ox!  You just have to watch him because sometimes he is stricken with the girls.   ;D

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #5768 on: February 03, 2011, 07:30:38 pm »
Ha! Pappy, wish I could be one of the youngens helping out there.  Wish I could be nearer Twin Oaks and helping out.

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5769 on: February 03, 2011, 08:20:52 pm »
Tiller, I wish you was there last weekend.  It was a tough day cutting wood.  Pappy worked me to death. Only thing kept me goin was he worked just as hard.  :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5770 on: February 04, 2011, 06:26:49 am »
Well no wood cutting this weekend,laid out some deer roast and have some bow projects to work on,I also laid out some brain and plan on some hide work,I need a weekend of that kind of fun. ;) ;D ;D Tiller wished you were to. In fact I wished alot of us lived closer together. It's Friday and as usuall I am headed to the cabin in a few hours,I always look forward to that.
Miss Joanie is good enough to let me do this,I feel so blessed,altho it may be she just wants me out of her hair for a few days. ;) ;D ;D I think Jon is coming down and I know of a few other Sat.
Some may shy away after what I got them into last weekend. :) :) Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday . Jimmy you are right Jesse is a hoss,he's my horse if he never wins a race.  :) :) Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Jake Allen

« Reply #5771 on: February 04, 2011, 03:20:57 pm »
Gotta be a wonderful life Pappy.
Life is full of great discoveries too, like this place I have found today.
Lot's of fine pictures, and reading.

Miss Tomi has told me at least 100 times, how much I need to make the trip to
Clarkesville and meet you fine folks. I will one day.
Until then, I will be reading, and learning, and asking questions.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5772 on: February 04, 2011, 08:48:05 pm »

Jake, take the last train...... ;D ;D ::)  Sorry, I just couldn't resist that.

Wayne

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5773 on: February 04, 2011, 10:55:47 pm »
Ah shucks guys.
 Only one women on my mind, Can you blame me  ;D
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5774 on: February 07, 2011, 06:14:56 am »
 Jake if you are a friend of Tomi you are a friend of ours. :) :)Another great weekend,not a lot of bow work for me,got side tracked working on knives  :)We did get Jon's IW braced and out to about 18 inches,then heat treated so it will be ready to finish the tiller next week.Good fire,good friends and good food ,can't hardly beat that,Here are a few pictures of the weekend, Go Pack. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good