Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694306 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #585 on: October 17, 2007, 05:35:42 am »
Great love to see yall,tiller it is a $20.00 registration fee for the selfbow challenge and
the cost of the wood if you don't bring your own.For that you get to work in the shop all week and also shoot the 40 target range,also get to shoot the practice range all you want.It
is to help defer the cost, I go through several bandsaw blades and loads of sandpaper and
other supplyes.The wood you bring or bow blank can be floor tillered but no nocks cut in till Thursday morning.Then you shoot the bow Fri.Sat. or Sunday ,whenever it is ready for score.
We are all in the same bolt,shoot a bow you just tillered and haven't had time to tweak it.
It is a lot of fun.We also have all the other classes if you want to shoot in them ,longbow,
regular selfbow and recurve.You have to register for them also but some people like to compete in both the Selfbow challenge and one of the other classes also.Hope yall can make it.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #586 on: October 17, 2007, 08:09:22 am »
See you in May ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #587 on: October 17, 2007, 12:18:54 pm »
Can't wait.Me and GregB plan on doing some pictures of the deer butchering and saving the sinew
this evening,hope it will turn out OK .I will post some pictures probably on another thread in
the morning. :) Got to have some fresh meat for the weekend anyway. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #588 on: October 17, 2007, 06:59:38 pm »
Question for ya Pappy! How long does the Classic go for? Is it a whole week of fun a and frolicing? Also, what type of wood do ya have for the participants? Never worked on Ossage yet.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #589 on: October 18, 2007, 07:08:36 am »
The shoot really starts Thursday but I am there all week along with several more.We had quite a
few come in on Monday and Tuesday.So anyone that wants to come on and make a week of it.
There are all kinds of wood there to buy or trade for.Greg and I usuall only have Hickory to sell
but I might come up with a piece of Osage. :)Gary Davis is there along with several others that have a lot of Osage to sell.If you come early you have the shop more to your self,it gets real crowed Thursday /Sunday. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #590 on: October 18, 2007, 08:43:29 am »
Is Febuary to early to arrive ;) Gets real cold about then here :(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #591 on: October 18, 2007, 09:09:33 am »
Come on I will make room. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #592 on: October 18, 2007, 12:55:11 pm »
Uhm! This is going to sound dumb but what are they dates it takes place on? I will try to make it a bit early but have to see how things are going here on the home front.  Anyone know how hard it is and the best way to pack in a bow for an airline trip down there to Tennessee ? Will, the gooberment give me trouble carying such a deadly weapon into an airport?  ::)

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #593 on: October 18, 2007, 07:47:20 pm »
  David you can pack your bow in PVC pipe or better yet mail it 2 weeks before you go.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #594 on: October 19, 2007, 05:59:03 am »
Told you someone would chime in.Well it is Friday again,got a big weekend planed,got
some fresh venison ready for the fire and I will come up with the rest when I get
to the cabin. The weather is supposed to be good this weekend so I plan on some good
hunting.I want to finish my little Hickory bow and am laying out another Osage,just
need to finish chasing a growth ring and it will be ready to lay out a bow.Got a friend
coming down to hunt with me and finish his Hickory I think all he likes is a grip so
maybe we can get that done if skinning deer don't get in the way[HOPE IT DOSE] ;D
Hope yall have a good one and good luck to all.Life is good. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #595 on: October 19, 2007, 10:06:15 pm »
    Good luck Pappy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mickey

« Reply #596 on: October 19, 2007, 10:18:34 pm »
Good luck Pappy.

Dianne and I and our son are headed out in the morning for northwest Wisconsin to hunt with ol 46 George Nagel.

Gee in less than a month well have gone from southern Mississippi/Louisiana to Wisconsin. The Arabs love me.  ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #597 on: October 22, 2007, 06:00:40 am »
Good luck Mickey,you are one traveling man. ;D Had another great week end,no deer but some pretty good action.Got the grip put on my Hickory bow and also put on on Derrell's bow.I also
put some horn tip overlays on his bow.Got my Osage to a growth ring and laid out.Had lot of good cooking and done some stump shooting.Darrell killed his first deer with trad. gear,wasn't
a self bow but with a re curve,He was excited and I was to for him.He has hunted hard for 2 years
for a trad. kill.It ant as easy as some might think.Darrell also worked on some of the shoot arrow Pat gave him at the classic,he got them straight and some trade points tied on,all they need now is fletching.Here are some pictures. :)Life is good. ;)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:45:32 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #598 on: October 22, 2007, 06:04:35 am »
That was deer hind quarter turned into steaks,also my Hickory bow grip and the Osage down to a growth ring. :) I had a bunch of wet wood Friday so I had to break out the blower,Man that will get you some coals in a hurry.and supper Friday night.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #599 on: October 22, 2007, 06:07:20 am »
Darrell working on his arrows and supper.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:46:46 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good