Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693081 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5850 on: February 22, 2011, 11:19:58 pm »
 Dave, we start the March 19th, here. They start down south this weekend.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5851 on: February 23, 2011, 07:11:42 am »
hu,I thought it was already open.  :o :o ;) The motor came in for the sharpening set up,it should work nice,now need to get it put together and find a good place to mount it.Thanks Joe. :) :)
We ought to be able to get them knives razor sharp now. Some good looking trees David,a couple of them looked really good if the rings are good,can't know that till you put a saw in
them. :) Be sure and seal the ends when you get them on the ground and split in at least half would be good also. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5852 on: February 23, 2011, 12:13:57 pm »
Pappy:  Glad to hear UPS didn't let me down!  Once you get the wheels mounted you will have to keep an eye out for those pit rascals as they will be wanting to hijack the grinding wheels for abraders! ::) ::)  Have you heard if Frank is going to have another bow building class this year?  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5853 on: February 23, 2011, 01:04:17 pm »
You mean David Kinght,if so yes I talked to him yesterday and he said he would be there Wed.
and was going to start a few early if they wanted to ,just so it wouldn't get so busy and all be ready to tiller at the same time. :) I told him I thought you wanted to get the boy in on one of the class's. :) Ya I want to put it a special place and we sure need to keep an eye on it.May try and figure some kind of lock out to keep the kids off of it.Just for safety sake. Thank again. :) :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5854 on: February 25, 2011, 08:02:26 am »
FRIDAY  :) :) :) I am headed to the cabin this evening and can't wait, I am a little worried in
what I might fine,we had some bad storms come through last night about 9pm,high winds and lots of rain,may have some cleaning up to do. :( Anyway if all is good I got to work on some arrows,headed to the Spring Fling in Birmingham AL. in the morning.BigA,Woody,Chris and I think a couple more are going also.That should be fun,This will be the first shoot of the year for us. We will get to see some old friends that I haven't seen since the Classic last year. Eric and Yazoo are suppose to be there so looking forward to seeing them, Who knows,may even shoot good.Hope yall have a good one also.See ya Monday.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:05:56 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #5855 on: February 25, 2011, 09:10:42 am »
Morning Pappy. Hope you don't have too big of a mess. We are getting snow, freezing rain mixture through the night and on up into this morning. Should be a fun drive to work. ;D Hope you boys have a great time at the shoot. Tell everyone I said Hey. Can't wait to do it in person.
                                                                                           David

Offline cracker

« Reply #5856 on: February 25, 2011, 09:32:49 am »
Hello Fellas believe it or not it was 80 here on Wednesday and 58 yesterday.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Bighornangler

« Reply #5857 on: February 25, 2011, 02:14:19 pm »
 This is to all of you guys. I'm a new guy here and I want to tell you all that I have been eating this stuff up. I really enjoy reading these post and looking at these great pictures. Pappy, like a lot of other guys, I am so envious of you and your buddies down there. I particularly would like to thank you for all of the effort you are putting into these post. I wish I were closer.
I was wondering if any of you guys ever get to the Whitingham Traditional Shoot here in New Jersey in early April. It is, I am told, one of the better shoots around. If so, I would like to hook up with some of you like minded Traditional and Primitive guys.
New Jersey

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5858 on: February 28, 2011, 07:36:07 am »
Thanks Bighornangler glad you enjoy. We had a great weekend,it was long but fun.We went down to AL. to a shoot this weekend,the first road trip of the year.Great time and got to see some old friends,Seen Eric and his beautiful wife and Mike[Yazoo] and his dad along with meeting some new folks. Don't have a lot of picture ,cause we didn't get much done in the shop.
Just some good food and a good camp fire.I think Jesse and Josh were down Sat. and done a little napping at least there was some sign they had been there,like all my stuff left out. ;) ;D ;D
That is Jesse's MO. Hope yall had a good one. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5859 on: February 28, 2011, 07:47:53 am »
Good fire Friday evening,it was cold down there,also some good Venison Chile,Woody got a new scope and he was checking it out. Sadie enjoys the fire I think more than we do. :)
 Woody trying to give BigA a shave before the road trip.We left about 4am and BigA and Alex looked a little sleepy eyed. :) :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5860 on: February 28, 2011, 07:55:38 am »
Tomi and her new Friend, ;) :) Good to see her doing good,Alex and Little bear,they had a good day together.Mike and his Dad,man do they have some Osage.Mr McGuire gave me a piece pipe he had made,Shoemake steam and soap stone bowl,pretty cool. Then I get back and find this in my vice,I could tell Josh had been there. ;) :) Looks like someone got something done in the shop. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5861 on: February 28, 2011, 08:06:05 am »
Then back to the club and by the fire Sat. night .We got back about 8pm. Woody and BigA went out Sunday morning for the last day of the Tree Rat season,Haven't heard how they did but I did hear some shooting before I left to go home. It was a good road trip and I really enjoyed it but I always miss being at the cabin on the weekends. That about it for the weekend,nice weather and got that trip behind us so now we can focus on getting ready for the Classic.Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5862 on: February 28, 2011, 11:29:13 am »
Not my doin Pappy :) not this time anyway.
Me and Abby only stoped by for about 30mins on our way to Nashville.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5863 on: February 28, 2011, 11:33:18 am »
Must have been Josh,he did learn all he knows from you. ;) ;D ;D Wished I had been there,hadn't seen yall in a while. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline oschroe

« Reply #5864 on: February 28, 2011, 03:03:42 pm »
Had a great weekend with the fellas.  Here are a couple of pics from our Squirrel hunt Sunday morning.  We would have had a truck load if not for the rain.  the last pic is from my front porch this morning.

Woody
Woody

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."