Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708863 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6255 on: May 16, 2011, 07:39:29 am »
The 2an and 3rd picture above was me and Jon making a set of grips for My brother in laws
pistol,he was impressed with them. Bubba checking out my bow and bench,he is getting along fine now,the girls have gotton use to him. Jon working on another knife. go figure. :) :)Dave setting at the fire with Art,trying to get some words of wisdom. ;) :) :) BigA burning some feathers,they turned out great. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6256 on: May 16, 2011, 07:44:32 am »
  Dave's Osage,we were getting the kinks out. ;) :) A new bow made by Alan Corn,good friend of the club,he made it for Terry. A new knife I am working on and BigA working on another Osage,got it shooting this weekend.Looks great and shoots even better. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6257 on: May 16, 2011, 07:48:04 am »
more knife and bow work.Getting the handle shaped on my knife and Dave doing some sanding on his Osage after it came off the Form. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6258 on: May 16, 2011, 07:53:03 am »
Big A and Annie,man she has grown. Dave doing a little shooting. BigA getting his bow braced for the first time and my knife almost finished. :) :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6259 on: May 16, 2011, 08:02:55 am »
Just shooting the bull around the fire,lots of that goes on. Dave still sanding, ;) ;D ;D My knife
all finished except the sealer. :) Some of Jesse's work,we will miss him for the next few months while he is out serving our country,Thanks Jesse. :) :) First shot from BigA's new bow. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6260 on: May 16, 2011, 08:09:44 am »
 Jon with his new Loin Cloth. ;) ;D ;D This is a new cabin display,some new stuff I received at the Classic,Thanks to all. Jesse and Abby just chilling. :) Old Bubba was making his self at home by the end of the weekend. :) :) Dave killed a Turkey Sunday morning to top off the weekend and Chris took
his Girl friends son hunting and the boy took a fine bird,more wings and breast's can't beat that.
It was a fun time for sure.Life is good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6261 on: May 16, 2011, 08:56:54 am »
Dave, looks like you got one of my Jakes. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cracker

« Reply #6262 on: May 16, 2011, 09:43:15 am »
Looks like you guys had a productive weekend Pappy. Lots of knives the pistol grips looked really good. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6263 on: May 16, 2011, 05:42:16 pm »
Great time this weekend.  Finally learned how to reverse wrap a serving string.  I've only been shown it a hundred times.  :)

I think next weekend I'll work on the red fox I was given Christmas.  I need to pull it out of the freezer and get it cleaned up for the frame.

Arrows, strings, bow's and knives, always something to do at Twin Oaks. 

The Elk was just about the best thing I ever ate.  Not sure how Pappy does it but it tasted so good I figured I'd gone to heaven.  My daughter arrived in time with her boyfriend to have supper and Pappy was nice enough to allow them a plate of the elk.  Thank you Pappy, that was a most gracious thing to do.  She told her mom all about how it was so darn good.

I been working in the shop today making a string jig, and my mind wonders back to when all the folks from PA came to the Classic and how it was super nice to meet new friends.  Can't wait to see ya'll again.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Otis

« Reply #6264 on: May 16, 2011, 07:35:46 pm »
ElD, didn't have him all to myself as you can see, but I did get some quality time with him.  :)  I had a great weekend and got lucky with a dumb turkey. Could have been one of yours Eddie. ;D  Two of them came walking up the path to the stable as I was heading to a bird I heard gobble and they turned and ran down the path. They should have zigged instead of zagged.  Had a good time shooting the practice course with Jon, Tommy, and Allen. I shot BigA's Dwyer longbow. Man it is a sweet shooter.  Food and beverages were great as usual. The elk was outstanding as Jon said.  Whoever that was that gave that to Pappy at the Classic, thank you very much. Life Is Good at Twin Oaks.  Can't wait like you said BearG for July.
                                                                                     David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6265 on: May 16, 2011, 11:09:39 pm »
Ha,ha, Could have been, Dave. There were two left out of that opening morning group. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #6266 on: May 17, 2011, 08:32:46 pm »
Fellas, I hate that I missed the Classic.  I can't wait to get back.  Just got out of the hospital this morning.  Had a disk replaced in my neck yesterday.  Long overdue.  I am sore as all get out today but hopefully it will be uphill from here.  I'll have a break from shooting which will drive me crazy but I'll be home by June so I'll see you at the campfire soon.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6267 on: May 17, 2011, 08:50:27 pm »
Jimmy, I'm glad to hear it went alright and hope it gives you some relief. It sounds like you might be overdue for a vacation, too. ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #6268 on: May 18, 2011, 12:00:48 am »
As often as I'm down there...It's never enough.
 Wish we could have chased some of those "Thunder Chickens" together Dave.
 Pappy, you better watch 'Ol Pat and keep Bubba away from him! You know how he is with them kitty's
 Sure is nice to see Terry smiling. But then...If Allen made me a bow I reckon I'd be smiling too ;D
 Jimmy, your so good with a bow, you don't even need to practice!  Take it easy and I hope you recover fast.
 Man, I can't wait to get back "home"
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6269 on: May 18, 2011, 12:44:50 am »
Shannon as in Hillbilly's rendition I prefer the yellow tiger striped variety.  :D
  Jimmy hope you have a speedy, successful recovery. I guess if you can't shoot you'll just have to write about shooting.  ;)
  Dave, we missed you at the Classic. Glad you finally got down to Twin Oaks for your fix!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC