Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4658543 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #630 on: October 25, 2007, 09:37:19 pm »
  ;D  I'll bring some mead I am going to brew soon! Should hit 21% Alc. content with the recipie I'm looking at.  >:D  HEHEHEHEHE!!!  (Hicup!) Tiny bubbles....in the MEad!!!  ;D ;D ;) ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #631 on: October 26, 2007, 12:07:31 am »
David, I'll help you with the salmon if nobody else wants any. Smoked or jerky? ::) 8)      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #632 on: October 26, 2007, 03:37:14 am »
Smoked of course! Actually to tell the truth I have not been able to go fishing either....(Sigh!)  But I will make some honey mead!  Just wish I had more time to hunt and fish. These ladies keep bothering me to make more soaps and lotions!!!! Cant get them to let me out of the store. Uhm! By the way can one of you mail me a hack saw. These chains they have on me are really starting to chafe!!!  :o

Oh! Also, anyone know what fragrance Marrie and Sarah like in soaps and lotions? They say the way to a ladies heart is through thier bath products!  ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #633 on: October 26, 2007, 05:35:53 am »
Salmon sounds good and of course I would love to try the Honey mead,Well Friday
again.Got big plans for the kids,Haven't heard how many are coming but no matter we will have a big time.I plan to do a little scouting on the other side of the road where the kids won't be and work on an Osage bow I have started.Also maybe finely finish my little Hickory.I am the camp cook
for the weekend so I guess I will be busy.It is raining again here but is supposed to be pretty this weekend ,hope so.Kids don't like foul weather.Planing on hunting this evening if I can get every thing ready for the kids and have time left.I would like to give it one more try before the guns come out.After the youth hunt it take a few day for the deer to settle back down.They ant use to that around my place .It is Trad or selfbow only all other times of the year so it take a little
while for them to settle down.Yall have a good one.Life is good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #634 on: October 29, 2007, 06:13:11 am »
Ha d a great weekend with the kids.Finished my Hickory and got the Osage straightened and back set in and ready to tiller.Had some great food as you will see and the boys made meat.Case
missed a big doe Sat evening but made up for it Sunday morning with his first buck.115lb 6 point.
Peter couldn't find his 2 chances in the scope.Kids they have to learn.Here are some pictures.By
the way these boy are 7 years old.the OTHER YOUNG MAN [Chance] That was supposed to come was grounded for by grades I hated it but they have to learn work first and then fun. :) ;) Chad
also showed up Friday night and roughed out a Hickory bow took off a couple of hours of draw knife work.We had Brats,taters and fried Chicken for Friday night supper. ;D
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:14:16 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #635 on: October 29, 2007, 06:21:52 am »
O YA and my fancy tater slicer. ;D The boys Friday night,and breakfast started Sat. morning,county ham and eggs  :)
    Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:15:53 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #636 on: October 29, 2007, 06:25:09 am »
Fresh back strap ,getting it ready for supper Sat. night and had to cut some wood[Man I go through a lot of wood] and just getting started on the Osage.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:16:36 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #637 on: October 29, 2007, 06:27:59 am »
Teaching the boys to skin a snake,my Osage after flood tillering and straightening  and putting in the backset. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:17:30 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #638 on: October 29, 2007, 06:31:59 am »
And of course my girls.Supper Sat. night was Deer backstraps,Taters,brown beans with ham scraps and bisquits.My Osage on the tiller stick,first pull.needs a little work. ;) :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:18:06 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #639 on: October 29, 2007, 06:36:46 am »
O YA we had peach pie also.Another young man ,one of our club member son Levi took a 5 point
Sat. evening and Hunter another young man in our club took a big doe and our boys with the thumb down after the miss. :) and backstrap on the fire.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:19:01 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #640 on: October 29, 2007, 06:43:23 am »
Supper Sat. night and success Sunday morning. ;D
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:19:47 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #641 on: October 29, 2007, 08:24:39 am »
Looks like yall had a great weekend! Congrats to the youngun's!

Wish I could have made it... :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #642 on: October 29, 2007, 10:49:48 am »
Looks like ya'll had a blast Pap - good folks, good food as usual. My stomachs growling :). I'll be taking the nephews huntin within the next several weeks, hope we fare as well.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #643 on: October 29, 2007, 11:05:13 am »
Looks like the boys had a grand time, and I'm sure the memories will last a long time.
Food looks great as always
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #644 on: October 29, 2007, 01:02:08 pm »
Pappy:  It looks like fall and cooler weather have finally arrived in your neck of the woods. 

Where are you getting the snakes at this time of year?  Oklahoma has a year round season on some species (I think copperheads are one), but rattlers have a specified season.  I wouldn't even know where to look for copperheads this time of year. 

I finally saw a deer from my stand Friday morning, but it remained out of range at about 125 yards, I know their starting to move around here now that the weather has finally turned seasonal.  It was either a big doe or a spike buck.  Still too dark to tell for sure and I normally don't take bino's with me when I bow hunt.  Either way, it gave me hope to stay at it.   

It looks like you had another great weekend at the club.  It's good to see pictures of the youth involved.  It looks like you have a great place for a family to spend time together.   
Keep the pictures coming.  You've made my Monday. 

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck