Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693484 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6645 on: August 17, 2011, 12:38:51 pm »
Great ,you are back,I told Bubba last nigh you would probably be there today,he just smiled and headed for the camper. ;) ;D ;D I will be around this evening,should have a big crowd this weekend,we got a club meeting and working,Jesse got home alright ,I talked to him yesterday,he said he would be down Friday evening to visit. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6646 on: August 17, 2011, 04:04:49 pm »
Good deal! Will be good to see him again. And i'm going to see if i can sneak away from this jobsight for another Sunday.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #6647 on: August 17, 2011, 04:38:03 pm »
Hey Cowboy, I'm going to try and make it down this evening to see you. I have a lady (already taken) to introduce to you! :-)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6648 on: August 19, 2011, 07:30:21 am »
Well it's Friday again and I am really looking forward to this weekend,Paul[Cowboy] is going to be in this weekend so I will get some time to visit him,he has been here on and off for several weeks and I have hardly had time to see him. Jesse is back also and is supposed to be down . :) :) :)We also have a club meeting and a lot of little projects to get done before deer season and winter.I got my bushhog fixed yesterday so I need to get some of that done also. :( I hope in between all of that I get to work on my Winged Elm bow.I need to get it finished before Hunting season.  I ant got any bows to hunt with. ;) :) :) :) I got deer roast laid out for supper tonight,Yum Yum.  Hope yall have a good one ,see ya Monday.This should be a good one. :) Life is good.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #6649 on: August 19, 2011, 12:17:52 pm »
Have fun And tell Jessie welcome home for me.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #6650 on: August 19, 2011, 06:48:34 pm »
looks like you guys been having too much fun! miss the club and all my pals up there, i been having to work every weekend but maybe ill have to drive up at 5 pm on a saturday and stay over...my poor bow needs shooting and i got 12 cane arrows that need fletchin!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6651 on: August 22, 2011, 07:36:08 am »
Ya we been missing you Josh,hope you can make it back soon. We had another good one,I didn't get much done in the shop but others did,we did get a lot done
around the club and farm,got things put up for the winter.We only have one more event and it is a small one so TwinOaks season is about over.Here are a few pictures of the weekend. :) First Paul and his IW bow in the works. He Said he hadn't built a bow in a few years,I told him no better time than now. ;) :D :D Also Jess showed up,It was good to see him again,he did have some sad news,moving to Hawaii in December so he was working on some equipment to take with him on the move.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6652 on: August 22, 2011, 07:42:34 am »
Had some napping going on and Jesse working on his Gaffs for fishing out of A
kayak.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6653 on: August 22, 2011, 07:47:52 am »
Jesse getting his gaffs finished,turned out nice. Woody just kicked back relaxing after a long days work around the Club. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6654 on: August 22, 2011, 07:52:49 am »
Lots of kids down to help this weekend. We got a new loud speaker for the club,Woody was having some fun with it. :) :) :) Yall that know Woody can imagine what he was announcing.  ;) ;D ;D Then GregB giving a little shooting lesson. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6655 on: August 22, 2011, 07:58:23 am »
 We even got in a little time for some Hawk throwing,Also Paul and his better half and Perry and his better half also. :) :) Good looking couples. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:07:37 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6656 on: August 22, 2011, 08:10:52 am »
Will getting into some kind of project and Shawn starting his first knife,he got a little dirty but seemed to enjoy it. :) :)
That's about it for the weekend Hope yall had a good one.Life is good. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline julieb

« Reply #6657 on: August 22, 2011, 11:18:44 am »
Pappy thank you so much for letting me enjoy the awesome place you have and for all of the great company. Was very refreshing to go somewhere where people still have true passion... The entire trip was wonderful just a little to short  but that only gives me more reasons to come back again....... ( with an invite of course:) I can understand now why Paul loves being there and see where his passion comes from!!! Have a great week and will talk to you soon!!!! :)

Being that right person is just as important as finding the right person....

Offline BearG

« Reply #6658 on: August 22, 2011, 11:33:36 am »
Jessie moving permantly?  If so I'm going to make a trip to see him before he leaves for sure.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6659 on: August 22, 2011, 11:44:03 am »
Man, I've been having a great time down there! Kinda lonely in the beginning but around weekend time it always livens up. One thing that stands out to me is you just don't meet a stranger around that place. Lot's of faces i know around but have never really talked to. And everybody is so generous. I have a pile of cool stuff that people have gifted me out of the blue. Whenever i get this picture thing figured out i'll show it all. Yep, and that Woody - he's a real hoot ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.