Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705663 times)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6885 on: October 21, 2011, 01:36:31 am »
looks like I live to far north :-\
you and me both :'(
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6886 on: October 21, 2011, 08:15:52 am »
Wished yall was closer guys,Dan it was our pleasure having you,even tho you do sleep pretty late. ;) ;D ;D FRIDAY again and can't wait to get down to the cabin,I plan [seriously] :o to hunt this weekend,the weather is nice,down in the low 30's
to 50's today and supposed to stay that way most of the weekend. I think Jon and Shannon is coming down,at least that was the last word. I do have some other projects to work on so we will just have to see what the weekends has to offer. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #6887 on: October 21, 2011, 10:32:46 am »
It's still looking like I'll be there. I have a "supper" to attend this evening, but will be on down after though.  Luckily, this function I need to attend in 45 minutes closer to the club so I'll have a head start!
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #6888 on: October 22, 2011, 11:15:38 pm »
I won't tell all the stories but Twin Oaks was a buzz today.  This morning was ideal for hunting - mid-30s still and clear.  I was so excited yet I sat till 10:00 am and didn't see a deer.  I went by the house, grabbed the wife, kids, and the osage I'm working on and headed over.  One hunter had seen 11, one hunter had seen 9, and two deer were killed.  Shannon and Will were both shooting when I got there so we slung a few.  Beautiful day!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6889 on: October 23, 2011, 01:44:10 pm »
I can't wait to get up there.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #6890 on: October 24, 2011, 12:28:45 am »
I just got home from there Eddie, it was a hoot as usual. There was one other deer killed after you left Jimmy, but I'll let Pappy tell that one.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6891 on: October 24, 2011, 05:00:51 am »
Oh my goodness.  My brother made his way to the Life is Good thread.   ;D

Had a good time at Twin Oaks, but my hunting seems to be a little off.  I figure I'll keep at it.  At least the weather was mighty fine.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6892 on: October 24, 2011, 07:33:46 am »
What a great weekend,I am sore from all the stuff I got into,Greg B killed a 4 point.Beau killed a nice doe and Shannon finely got the monkey off his back and killed a nice 122lb 8 point. I missed one at 12 yards and then again at 18, Guess I am just meant to help the others out. ;) ;D ;D We also got some hide work done,Jesse/Will and Myself got several hides fleshed and racked. Joe we got the Elk racked,man what a job,I couldn't have done it without Jesse and Wills help.
Lots good food napping/bow/shooting and knife work going on also. Just a great weekend with a bunch of good friends.Here are some pictures of the weekend.
Alex killed a nice Coyote with his bear recurve ,GregB doing some knife work and me putting the finishing touches on my elm bow. :)
    Pappy
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:38:09 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6893 on: October 24, 2011, 07:40:37 am »
Jesse shows up and is getting some stuff ready for a Friday evening hunt. Me putting the finishing touches on my sour wood shaft,it has the trade poing Josh  Wolf made me. :) :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6894 on: October 24, 2011, 07:45:53 am »
Finshing up a hide for Jesse,it will dry quicker if you will scrape some streaks like
this on them. Woody checking some new tracer ammo he bought at a gun show last week.Supper,inner deer loins and fried traters. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6895 on: October 24, 2011, 07:51:16 am »
Will made it down,here is some of his work. Me getting my snake bow ready to tiller,it needed some straightening and reflex,I also flipped the tips and before the weekend was over ,with Shannon's help got it rawhide backed.Its ready to tiller now. Jesse working on brain tanning a coon hide. Shannon back from the morning hunt. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6896 on: October 24, 2011, 07:55:24 am »
Shannon had a little miss lick Sat. morning but Beau and GregB didn't. ;) ;D ;D
Sweet Pee is ready for next weekend. Then some napping going on,they never get enough of that. :) :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6897 on: October 24, 2011, 08:01:15 am »
By the way Beau's was a 84lb doe and Greg's a 100lb. 4 point. More hide and knife work.Jimmy shooting his new Osage bow,looking good and he is shooting it great. Me flipping the tip on my snake bow. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6898 on: October 24, 2011, 08:06:21 am »
Jesse and myself put the elk hide in the creek for several hours to rince the salt
out of it and get it soft,the the fleshing started,man what a job,but with  lots of  help I got it done. Shannon in the napping pit, Jesse smoking his Coon hide. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6899 on: October 24, 2011, 08:10:21 am »
More napping, Art always comes by to visit and more brains for Jesse's coon hide. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good