Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4706007 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #690 on: December 03, 2007, 05:56:52 am »
Had a great weekend,I didn't kill any deer but GregB came through.Big A came over Sat. along with Greg and we worked on bows after the morning hunt,We got so caught up in it we didn't hunt Sat. evening.We finished tillering 3 bows and I put grip and tips on the Osage I have been working on.I also made my famous Steak and gravy [There goes Gregs diet]for Sat. night.Friday night I was by myself so I fried up some backstrap and taters.Life is Good.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:39:45 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #691 on: December 03, 2007, 05:59:00 am »
Grip and tips, and the start of supper.and Gregs doe.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:40:15 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #692 on: December 03, 2007, 06:03:34 am »
All 3 bows at full draw.Gregs is IW I think 62 n-n and about 53 at 27  Big A's is Osage
64 n-n and around 55 at 27 and mine is Osage 68 n-n and 50 at 26.They all shoot nice.
My girls waiting for some droppings and what is left of supper. :) :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:40:57 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #693 on: December 03, 2007, 09:16:10 am »
Looks like you boys had fun, and Big A's tiller looks sweet! My Mountaineers screwed up there chances of playing for the national title Sat. I would have been better off scraping some bows with you boys...of course, that is alway the better choice.  ;)
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #694 on: December 03, 2007, 12:35:27 pm »
Looks like the good life! All those bows look great too. Ya'll are going to have to start a strenious PT routine if ya keep eating that good - hmm maybe at least a mile of hiking up and down those hills, 10 laps up and down the tree stand, and drag two dead deer a half mile back to camp. That aught to get the ole ticker to pumpin ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #695 on: December 03, 2007, 12:45:31 pm »
We do quite a bit of that also cowboy,except for the laps around the stand thing. ;D ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #696 on: December 03, 2007, 02:15:09 pm »
Ya'll are going to have to start a strenious PT routine if ya keep eating that good - hmm maybe at least a mile of hiking up and down those hills, 10 laps up and down the tree stand, and drag two dead deer a half mile back to camp. That aught to get the ole ticker to pumpin

Well, the deer draggin' usually consists of getting the deer to the nearest trail the Cabota can reach! ...huntin' with Sadie takes care of the laps up and down the tree stand and the hiking up and down the ridges...not very successful about the actual harvesting of deer though with her around. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Otis

« Reply #697 on: December 03, 2007, 08:58:23 pm »
Pappy, only one picture of the peppers? You guys could use some more of those with all of that other good food.                                   David

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #698 on: December 03, 2007, 09:34:15 pm »
Question for ya Pappy! Are there any wild boar or pigs down your way? If so, how does a person from WA able to get in on a hunt of them piggies?

Thanks
David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #699 on: December 04, 2007, 05:28:45 am »
Otis we have plenty of peppers,I don't put much in the food cause GregB is a wuss.We
just add as you want.David there aren't any pigs right in my area [yet] But just east of us
40-50 miles there are some areas to hunt.I am not sure what you have to do to hunt them but a lot of it is on public land and I think you can hunt them any time.I will check with a couple of my friends that hunt there and try and find out. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #700 on: December 04, 2007, 09:21:31 am »
David,

It depends what you are looking for. There are several hunting lodges east of Nashville that offer quality hunts, and is usually $600-$700 for a weekend hunt with lodging and meals.

If you are looking to hunt public lands, The Big South Fork Recreational Area seems to be about the most promising. It is some rugged land, but I did see plenty of sign when I hiked around in there. The season opens sometime in either late Jan or Feb. There is also hunting on public lands in the Cherokee WMA, mostly south of the Hiawasse River. There are specific hunt dates/weekends spread throughout the season.

I hunted the Caronyah Hunting Lodge a few years back, and was very satisfied. They let me roam by myself...no guns...no dogs. They have over 2000 acres, a comfortable lodge, and 5 generations of family that will take good car of ya......

Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #701 on: December 04, 2007, 06:18:31 pm »
Wow! Chad that sounds great! I will start saving up to go hog hunting. Nice boar ya go there too.

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #702 on: December 05, 2007, 07:28:16 am »
David you come kill um and I will cook um. yum yum piggy. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #703 on: December 05, 2007, 03:53:08 pm »
I was hopin that durring TOEJAM I could find a hog nearby so we could roast it on a spit!  But allas, It sounds like there are no piggies close by!!!  :'(

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #704 on: December 05, 2007, 05:18:54 pm »
So, whats the regs on turkey hunting arround that time of year?

David T.