Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693740 times)

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6990 on: November 07, 2011, 07:37:40 am »
I went down yesterday to work on my buck and the cooler was packed with deer.  Eddie bareshafted some arrows, Will was knapping, Jon was working a knife, Bro. Dan was all over.  I didn't see Otis so he's not there yet.  Beautiful day!

Offline Otis

« Reply #6991 on: November 07, 2011, 09:59:27 am »
I'm getting ready to leave in about 30 minutes Jimmy. :) :) :)  I took my uncle on a handicap hunt yesterday at one of our military bases. No deer for him, but he enjoys it. See ya'll in a few hours.
                                                                                       David

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6992 on: November 07, 2011, 02:42:11 pm »
Wish I could be up there with you guys.  Lookin forward to more pictures.
1’—>1’

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #6993 on: November 10, 2011, 08:51:33 am »
I was out there last night after work.
Lots of bow work goin on and pappy has started to brain the Elk hide!
Mililani Hawaii

Offline TRACY

« Reply #6994 on: November 10, 2011, 09:47:01 pm »
Great shooting there Jesse! Man, sounds like an awesome get tether. Good luck and keep the pics coming

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #6995 on: November 12, 2011, 10:06:34 pm »
Well I'm back. Mark, I just want to thank you again, what a great week, Saw some deer, but no shots, David got a small Doe. The food was outstanding, wait till you see the pictures. I got to see King Ron, Kevin, Mayo, Terry and Jerry Harris, Woody, Jimmie, Jon, Alix, Will, Beau, Art, RidgeRunner and his son. David and Eddie, Chris and Brian, Hunter, Anthony, and the list goes on. Made a few knives. Thanks Jon for the How do's.  Thanks again Mark, I had a great time. Got home in 4 1/2 hrs.    B Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6996 on: November 13, 2011, 10:27:10 pm »
 Mark, I can't begin to say what a heck of a time I had. I should of had deer in the cooler if I hadn't of muffed up, but that's been my history with deer and a bow. ;D. :'( It was so good to see all my ggodbudies of TwinOaks and sitting up late and telling stories and lies.

It was 404miles to Chris' and a parking lot when I hit Atlanta. I got a five point Friday afternoon at a 140 yards using my bow with a peep site ::). Then Chris put me to work puttint a roof on the new skinning shed. It looks great with a big granite cutting table. 1700 miles later and back home, it's gonna blow to go to work tomorrow ;D Thanks, Mark.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

youngbowyer

« Reply #6997 on: November 13, 2011, 11:33:34 pm »
wish I could be there, looks awesome! I have a question about those hides you guys are tanning. Do you treat the hair on tans or does the hair just stay on? thanks, Tom.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6998 on: November 14, 2011, 08:03:45 am »
It was a great weekend,and you are right Eddie it does blow. ;) :) :) :) It will take a few days to catch up for sure.I have a lot of pictures and will get them up a few at a time.It was great and got a lot done,see lots of deer just didn't do our part,excapt DaveO. ;D ;D  Eddie/Will/Dave/David and myself got bows shooting and I don't know how many hides were worked on.I got the elk hide in pretty good shape[with some help] and should be finished this week. We ate like kings.
Hard to explane how much fun I had,all  I can say is Life is good. :) :) The first picture was a good friend of mines deer he took on Monday about 8 miles from us,he use a C/P but nice deer just the same,if it holds it will be 3rd largest taken in TN. with a bow. Scored in the 180's.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6999 on: November 14, 2011, 08:10:44 am »
Guest starting to arrive, I love this part,seeing some folks I haven't seen in a while. :) :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7000 on: November 14, 2011, 08:14:57 am »
More arriving,Will working on his new Osage bow,he ant a guest anymore. ;) ;D ;D
RangerB's deer,very nice buck and I am sure yall haven't seen this one yet. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7001 on: November 14, 2011, 08:20:15 am »
Putting up another tree stand,good spot,I stoned one high the next day. :( :(
Jesse shown how to save the brains, Also Jesse's brother and his wife showed up for a visit. :) :) Eddie doing a little shooting. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7002 on: November 14, 2011, 08:27:31 am »
Eddie gifted me with a dead head on a cain shaft[thanks Eddie] Kevin making us up some supper,deep fried crappie,yum.Me saving some sinew,can't get enough of that stuff. ;) ;D ;D J with his 3rd deer of the year,M.L. Beau getting in from an evening hunt.  :) :) It was great to have him there for a few day to hunt,like old times.. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7003 on: November 14, 2011, 08:34:35 am »
Jesse working on one of his hides,getting it ready to rack. Hunter takes a nice buck M.L.  :) That boy is laying them down this year one with a bow,one with a rifle and one with a M.L. Will getting ready to smoke his hide and Jon doing some knife work. Eddie gifted me this head he made,hope to use it this season,thanks again Eddie. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7004 on: November 14, 2011, 08:38:50 am »
Will's possiable's bag,pretty cool. :) Me working on my 8 points hide.Jon still on them knives and Will's hide finished,turned out nice and soft. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good