Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705260 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #7080 on: November 22, 2011, 06:58:36 am »
O ya Jon brought me a new[well new to me] TV for the cabin. Jesse doing some napping. Caleb with a Coydog he shot that morning. Some visting before the meeting. :) :) That's always good. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7081 on: November 22, 2011, 07:07:11 am »
More hide work,if we get all done that we have to do we are going to have a lot of rawhide and brained tan leather,I got to get back on my elk,I just didn't have the time this weekend to stretch all day. :) :) Sweet pee and her dad Scott.
Will doing some picking for us Saturday night,and Old Bubba,still making it.
Well tha's it for the weekend ,hope yall had a good one also happy Thanksgiving to all..Life is good.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:13:08 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #7082 on: November 22, 2011, 09:49:56 am »
Well fellers looks like everyone is doing good. Nice bike Wade I'm horse trading on a slightly used rocket III don't know if that's gonna happen or not. It's really good to see all the pictures on monday it really helps me make it through the week. Thanks to Pappy for all the work he puts into keeping this thread going. Yall have a good week look forward to seeing more next monday. Life is good. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #7083 on: November 22, 2011, 11:53:33 am »
Ronnie those rocket III are hot as hell. Bigger engine than most cars I've owned. But they are governed  >:D so u can't do more than 150. Ha

It's really good to see all ur ugly mugs posted  here. Almost forgot how scary this bunch was.

Spring is coming round. Can't wait for the classic!
Later
Wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline cracker

« Reply #7084 on: November 22, 2011, 11:55:29 am »
Hey Wade I know how to ungovern that bad boy anything that can cut a hyabusa in a quarter mile has my vote. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #7085 on: November 22, 2011, 12:04:08 pm »
Jon that is a good looking bride u have. Congratulations on 29 years. Good to see ur pic here. 

Eddie. Heard u picked up a tiny deer down at Chris's. Think I heard something about spots? :)
Missed u guys on that trip but I the bike just went up for sale and it was the best deal I had seen. Couldnt miss out. Hard to find those t- birds used.

Looking forward to the next hunt tho.

Pat the Bonniville is a classic!

N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7086 on: November 22, 2011, 02:46:29 pm »
No spots,Wade, it did have 5 points on it's head. And I've owned three Bonnie's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7087 on: November 23, 2011, 06:18:13 am »
Friday for me  ;) ;D ;D ;D Had a good day yesterday even with the rain,I have hurt my right arm[twisted it coming donw some steps] anyway I was afraid I wouldn't be able to shoot my bow,I went to the cabin yesterday and it was tough to pull my selfbows,all around 50 or so at 25/26 so I tried the Bo backed Ipe
I traded Jon out of and it seemed fine.48@28 so I am pulling in the low 40's.I shot it 3 times and it was shooting good so I headed to the stand. About an hour 3pm I saw a doe and then in just a short time this fellow showed,not large but as tough as this season has been I am very pleased to say the least. Little far back,dead center liver but he only went 150 or so and was easy to track even for me and Woody as blind as we are getting. ;D ;D ;D  121lb 5 point [O how I was hopeing for a 7 point]another story. :) :) Also Plan on hunting today/Thursday morning then Friday and Saturday,The rut is in full swing here in Tennessee.Hope yall have a good Thanksgiving.See ya Monday. Life is Good. :)
     Pappy
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:15:45 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7088 on: November 23, 2011, 07:31:04 am »
Now that is a mighty fine way to begin shooting that bow in Pappy.  I'm proud of ya buddy.  Looks like we'll eat good for a little longer bro.   ;D
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Otis

« Reply #7089 on: November 23, 2011, 07:51:41 am »
Congrats Pappy!!!  You did good. Hope you and yours have a great holiday. Glad you got another one. Hopefully that seven is in your near future. Nice bow.
                                                                  David

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #7090 on: November 23, 2011, 07:52:25 am »
Great work Pappy.  Congrats!!  See you this weekend.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #7091 on: November 23, 2011, 08:44:01 am »
Great deer Pappy.  Is that a knapped head or a trade point and on what kind of shafting?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7092 on: November 23, 2011, 09:11:07 am »
 Thanks guys,It's a POC shaft with a 160 Ace head. :) That is all I had set up for that bow,if I keep shooting it I will make up some shoots or cain with some trade points. Depends on my arm on weather I keep hunting with it or not.It is a sweet shooter that is for sure. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7093 on: November 23, 2011, 09:20:52 am »
Nice one, Pappy, sorry he ain't a 7 point. ;) ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7094 on: November 23, 2011, 09:38:41 am »
It is probably a good think it wasn't Eddie as crippled up as I am right now,left
knee/right foot/knot on left inner elbow and now twisted my right elbow,Woody said if when we found it it was a 7 point I was on my own getting it out of the woods and I was a ways back in there.  ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good