Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693492 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #7305 on: January 20, 2012, 01:02:17 am »
Married life is A OK so far! Just wish we lived in the same State at least. That should change some time after August. Then things will be much better. Only reason I go to LA is Gayle is there right now. Man, that place is an animal house! Worse than when I lived there as a teenager!!!

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7306 on: January 20, 2012, 07:48:34 am »
Glad to hear that,wish yall the best and looking forward to meeting her someday. :) :) Well it's Friday ,seems to come around pretty fast. I am headed to the cabin as soon as I can get away from here.Got a few projects going,in the process of sealing the snake bow and some hide work,hope to get a final smoking on a couple and another one or 2 scrapped. Not sure how much time I will have for all that, :(we have a meeting and working Saturday morning and plan on cutting some more wood and hopefully get the target shed finished and targets moved into it. Either way I am sure we will have a big time hope yall do also. See yall Monday. Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline gwm

« Reply #7307 on: January 22, 2012, 01:11:47 pm »
Hello, Pappy! I made it here to PA. I just wanted to post and say thanks to you and the boys for the hospitality and welcome on Friday. I go by "gwm" other places but that name was taken here. (Heck, I might have taken it a long time ago, but I couldn't find the password for the life of me.) I chose "showme" because I'm from the Show-me State and I seem to say that a lot anyway.

I look forward to meeting more folks on here as well as at the farm.

Thanks again,
Gary

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7308 on: January 23, 2012, 07:29:39 am »
Great to see you again Gary,looking forward to seeing more of you. It was a good weekend we got some Bow work and hide work done and also got the wood cut for the year,now thats a job. :) :) Jon got some tips started on his Osage and also a Hickory bow started,I got 4 more coats of sealer on the snake bow and a couple more hides smoked and finish trimmed.Here are a few pictures of the fun. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7309 on: January 23, 2012, 07:32:36 am »
A little more sealer work on my bow and hide work,then a little picking around the fire,that is always good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7310 on: January 23, 2012, 07:35:55 am »
Saturday morning meeting and then some wood cutting,The girls are some good help,they keep us supplied with food and drink. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7311 on: January 23, 2012, 07:38:17 am »
Wood cutting and Will finds a little time to do some napping.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7312 on: January 23, 2012, 07:44:41 am »
Me trimming and putting the final smoke on a couple of hides. BigA wasn't in the picture but he was a lot of help also on the hides,he has a couple he plans on doing so said he needed the practice. ;) ;) Will getting some shooting in with one of his Old trusty Osage bows. That's it for the weekend, Had a great meeting and got a lot done.Glad to see the wood finished .That is always a big job each year around there.Hope yall had a good one also.Life is Good :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #7313 on: January 23, 2012, 09:42:43 am »
Good looking hides Pappy, looks like Woddy is still keeping yall entertained. You're bunch pulls together about as well as any I've seen. Thats quite a pile of fire wood see yall in spring. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline BearG

« Reply #7314 on: January 23, 2012, 11:01:19 am »
Man looks like yall had a hoot.  You couldn't have done that here Saturday I had about a 1/2 inch of ice. Worse a little north of us. Mark I'm not a seamtress but as many hides as I've seem you do I'd think you would be able to have a shirt or three.  Holes wouldn't stop me I'd patch them and it would make it look more like what would have been worn anyway.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7315 on: January 23, 2012, 11:15:32 am »
I have 6 now, smoked/trimmed and finished ,I have 3  more ready to make leather and 7 that I turned into rawhide, 2 still on the racks,1 for rawhide and 1 for leather and 5 left in the freezer to flesh so I don't have as many for a shirt as you think.I understand it takes 4 so I guess I am ready to start as soon as I have a plan.I want to get caught up on them bfore the weather gets hot and we start getting busy with the Classic and IBO world.  :) :) I am not sure if I am going to try it myself or try and make a trade to get the shirt made. :-\
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7316 on: January 23, 2012, 11:49:37 am »
Looks like fun guys.  I got half a shirt done once w/o sleeves.  More like a poncho, took two hides.  Not as cool as your leather, I used "yellow leg" buckskin.  :-[ then I hung it in the window for ever and bleached it out a little.  ;)  Life is Good, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7317 on: January 27, 2012, 07:24:58 am »
Hope to have another good weekend,it has rained for 2 day and looks like it will get out of here today for at least a few days. :) :) Don't have any big plans,I will only be there today through mid day Saturday,go a hot date with Miss Joanie Saturday evening, ;) ;D ;D Not really,Our Pastor is retiring Sunday so we are having a retirement supper Saturday night,can't miss that,he is a great guy and good friend. :( Hate to see him go. Anyway I have no real plans for today so we will just have to see what we can get into. Hides and some arrow work for sure
and maybe pull some stands and a little scouting.Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #7318 on: January 27, 2012, 11:54:31 am »
Mark hope yall have a good time.

Come on March I need a Twin Oaks additude ajustment. 8)
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #7319 on: January 28, 2012, 11:21:32 pm »
Uhm! I don't think I will be able to make it there in March....AGAIN!!! (Sigh!) Gayle and I will be having our first Anniversary on April 1st. Soooo, Champagne or wood shavings? HMMM!!!! So hard to decide!!!! :'( :o ;D

Next year I am going to do my best to get Gayle and I to Twin Oaks to meet everyone.

Going through some major bow building withdrawal symptoms!  :o ;D ;D ;D

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill