Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693860 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #7635 on: April 12, 2012, 07:18:00 am »
Thanks Joe,I feel sure we won't laugh.Pat thanks I am sure they will,at least it will start straight,I will be disappointed if it don't get messed up. ;) :) I also got anotherpackage yesterday from TimO.It is a DCM bow to be raffled at the Classic.60 t-t53@26 Osage. Very sweet bow.Tim said David's 2 favorite places was Mo Jam and TwinOaks and wanted to do something for them so before he left this world he sent them to someone[Tim] that he knew would take care of it for him.Thanks Tim and of course David,we will miss you this year but you will be there is or hearts. :(
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7636 on: April 12, 2012, 10:18:51 am »
It would really be great if someone could make a couple of arrows with pink fletching to put in the quiver.  I made a dozen of them for my daughter to go with the bow David Knight made for her and they are bright.  Used up all the feathers so had none to put in the quiver.  Oh  :D  almost forgot, thought you might use a few plastic bags around the farm so sent several along! >:D  Supposed to go arrowhead hunting with the Hustons this morning, but it is raining for the first time this year so don't know if we can get into the hills!  Hawk killed another turkey with a stone point last week and Josiah bounced a stone point off a wing.  Met a fellow from Powell yesterday that is a real ataladle hunter.  He said he has lots of moose horns for billits and wants to trade for some heavy points.  I told him about the PA site and suggested he made an offer for a trade.  There is one guy that has been counting down the days and I wish I could be there to listen to his stories! A/Ho Joe

Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline cracker

« Reply #7637 on: April 12, 2012, 11:13:15 am »
Hey Joe I have some pink fletched arrows that should fit in nicely three spiral fletched flu flus and three normally fletched ones with blounts for the spirals and trade points for the others. I'll donate them. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7638 on: April 12, 2012, 11:56:37 am »
Mr. C:  What a nice offer!  Maybe some Lady will actually want the combination!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7639 on: April 13, 2012, 06:54:38 am »
Thanks Cracker,very nice of you. FRIDAY ,got to love that.I am headed to the cabin
early [I hope] today.Still got lots to do but we are getting closer.We plan on getting the ranges cleaned and start setting them right after the meeting,I have my usuall list with small task that need to be done and spread among the guys
to get done.They always come through,well almost always  ;) ;D ;D I have a few
projects I want to get done but doubt I have the time for my stuff. It will be busy for the next few weeks but for us it is a labor of love so don't seem much like work. Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. :) Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #7640 on: April 13, 2012, 09:55:15 am »
We got finished early down in New Orleans. Were driving back today so I'll be there in the morning ;) you might even see me tonight :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7641 on: April 13, 2012, 10:03:32 am »
Thats great news, you know how to get things done. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7642 on: April 16, 2012, 07:41:03 am »
Another great weekend,got a lot done,tents up ranges set and more stave's worked up,A few final touches and I think we are ready. Got a good suprise when I got home also,thanks Joe,very nice of you and I really appreciate as will all the TwinOaks folks. Here is some of the fun. :) :) We did manage to get a little knife and bow work done in the early mornings and late evenings when the choirs were done. :) :) First the bow of DCM's that TimO sent us ,then Jon's last knife and new signs for the range,don't want anyone getting lost. ;) ;D ;D Especially the yanks,they need to be sure and find their way home. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:30:55 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7643 on: April 16, 2012, 07:47:23 am »
Finishing the arrows for the awards. Some of GregB's blades,with the new saw he is really turning them out. Will on the post hole diggers setting up the new stand for the Bow press. Worked out nice. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7644 on: April 16, 2012, 07:52:37 am »
New stand,Beau and Christina's pup.A little picking,Will does that for us most evenings or when we just need a break. My knife in the works.Will and Jon on the napping pit,they have really been a big help in getting the shop ready for everyone.  :) :) Thanks Guys. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:32:28 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7645 on: April 16, 2012, 07:57:07 am »
GregB getting some kids stave's ready for the Classic,Jon doing some roof repair.
Our Token Yank,always there to help. Jeremie came in Saturday evening to work on his Osage,it's looking good so far. :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:33:13 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7646 on: April 16, 2012, 08:04:55 am »
Greg BigA and Kevin discussing the range set up.Will found some time to get his hole bow floor tillered and ready for the form.Me cutting up some stave's that wasn't up to par. Alex and Stella,one of Hannah's pups.Beautiful dog. Then I had a big suprise my good friends from CO. showed up Teddy and Isaac showed up,what a good suprise. They spent the afternood before heading back west. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7647 on: April 16, 2012, 08:09:13 am »
Putting Will's hole bow on the form,quite the Challenge. :) :) Peace pipe for the Spirit station Me and Chris made, and more picking.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7648 on: April 16, 2012, 08:17:00 am »
My boy,Great young man for sure,Issac. The spirit station almost ready,yall need to be sure and check this out while at the Classic,I think you will love it as much as we do. :) :) MissDave's pups.They are a hand full. ;) ;D ;D Chris found this old bottle in the woods turkey hunting,looked it up and it was made in the late 20's or early 30's so I guess their was whiskey dranked even back then. ;) ;D ;D Got
home to a big suprise,Joe's gifts to TwinOaks,thanks Joe ,beautiful stuff,Quiver,canteen and Tom Tom. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7649 on: April 16, 2012, 08:24:42 am »
This is the Canteen,PA and TwinOaks,very nice tribute for both.I hope to win this. ;) :) :) Like I said another good weekend,lots done and still more to do but we are closing in on being done , the guys say I am never done ,not sure weather that is a good thing or bad. ;) See yall in a couple more weeks. :) :) Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good