Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4704898 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Life is good
« Reply #7995 on: July 06, 2012, 09:38:30 am »
Pappy:  Sounds like you have things under control as usual!  We finally had a small rain yesterday, but still in harms way for the fire season!  Your pictures help me try to stay connected.  Someday hope you and Miss Joanie will be able to come for a visit!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #7996 on: July 06, 2012, 10:17:31 am »
Eddie:  Any particular brand on the worcestershire?   :laugh:

No news yet.  This "waiting" thing is really tough...
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7997 on: July 08, 2012, 10:53:29 pm »
Matt, it all works. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7998 on: July 09, 2012, 06:44:48 am »
Any news Matt ??????? Great weekend.Got all the ranges set,just needs some signs and tweeking and should be ready.Also got my Cain arrows finished ,still need to fletch the popular but should get that going this week. Got my Osage sealed and Will hooked me up on the grip so it is ready to shoot in the IBO World.
Hope yall had a good one,Hot but fun for us. :) :) The Cain wouldn't take a 11/32 point and all I had was 5/16 in 125 grain,I needed 160 grain points so i drilled the end and put a nail that brought the point weight up to 160,worked great. :) Also a picture of GregB's new knife and sheath.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7999 on: July 09, 2012, 06:49:40 am »
Jon working on some knife scales, Me putting the finishing coat of sealer on my Osage,Terry getting ready to do some trimming around the camp ground and Case still working on his fire building,he is getting there but still needs some work. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8000 on: July 09, 2012, 06:54:48 am »
Sweet pea shows up,always got a big smile for us. Me sealing the sinew rap on my Cain arrows.Will's new stave,a sister to my snake bow from Shannon. :) Hope it works out. :) A little picking and Don hooking up the new lights for the camp grounds. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8001 on: July 09, 2012, 06:59:28 am »
BigA /GregB and Will made a rock run to Dover Saturday,nice load of rock. New grip on My Osage bow,looks good,brain tanned from a deer I killed last season. :) :) that stuff makes a very nice grip.That's it for another week,got a lot done and just one more weekend before the big shoot,I think we should be ready. :) :) Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #8002 on: July 09, 2012, 08:13:31 am »
  That bow of yours Pappy reallly held it's profile well. Not the slightest hint of set in that thing. Should be illegal to be having all that much fun.

Offline seabass

« Reply #8003 on: July 09, 2012, 06:03:34 pm »
i am glad you guys are having so much fun down there.wish i could be there with you.it don't look like i'll be making it down for the ibo.i am still having trouble with my back and the doctor says i have severe gout in my feet.it has been a little tough on me wearing my work boots and walking on concrete all day ,but enough of my crying.i hope all of you have a great time at the ibo.you guys work your butts off for it.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8004 on: July 10, 2012, 06:26:14 am »
Sorry to hear that Steve,hope you recover form all of that stuff,we all would have taken better care of ourself if we had known we were going to live this long,I know I would have.  :) :)Wished you could make it ,but understand. :(
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #8005 on: July 10, 2012, 07:52:35 am »
  Pappy, how long is that recurve? I bet it is one heck of a shooter.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8006 on: July 10, 2012, 09:24:14 am »
It's 66,best I can mesure,a little long for me but I wanted a good smooth shooter
and it is,pretty quick for 48@26. I usually make most of mine around 62 so it will take a little getting use to if I hunt with it and I am sure I will if all goes well,it was a really clean piece also [not what I am use to] with very nice ratio on the winter and summer growth and pretty thick growth rings so it should hold up nicely.I have been having trouble for the last few years with my shooting so I wanted something I could shoot with no worries and I think this is the one,I feel very good about this one. Now that it is finished I hope to get to shoot it a lot once we get through the IBO World,hope to get time to shoot in it  ,we will see,always seem to get busy and don't get the time to shoot in our events,hope this one will be different,it is the last IBO World shoot we will have for a few years and I would really like to shoot in a least one. :) :) This is the 3rd we have done and I haven't shot in one yet. :(  ;) maybe this year. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #8007 on: July 10, 2012, 10:05:27 am »
  Pappy, I shot 62" bows @ 26" all my life. This year I switched to 66" and I aint going back. My shootin improved 100%. I bet after this event you don't go back either. Great job on that bow she has to be quick with that virgin profile. Looks like she has never been bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8008 on: July 11, 2012, 07:15:37 am »
You could be right Steve,it does shoot sweet.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8009 on: July 11, 2012, 10:02:06 am »
Any news Matt ?

No Mark, not yet.   :( :(  Still waiting on the little feller to commit.  He's been getting very antsy. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI