Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694632 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8145 on: August 13, 2012, 06:43:37 am »
Finished up my Osage Static,I will post some pictures in the bow section.Roughed out a yew stave for Jon,he made some headway on it this weekend,also roughed the first of 2 Osage for me and a friend I am building one for.Will and myself got 2 Persimmon stave's thinned down.It was cut over a year ago but as we were working them they seemed wet so we plan on putting them up for a while.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8146 on: August 13, 2012, 06:48:44 am »
Chasing a ring on one of the Osage stave's,Jon's Yew laid out and cut out. :)
Will working on and Osage and helping Jon decide what to do on the sap wood on his yew stave,it needed thinning. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8147 on: August 13, 2012, 06:57:17 am »
1 of my Osage floor tillered,it's wasn't long enough for what I wanted,the one I am building is for a guy with a 30 inch draw and to be safe I wanted at least 68
n-n this was only 64 so I guess it will be mine. ;) ;D ;D Some of our stave's floor tillered. 2 persimmon and 3 Osage. Me chasing a ring on another Osage,it is 70 t-t so should be fine for what I wanted to build. :) Jon and Michael working out a yew and Osage,this is Michle's first bow and it is looking good. :) :) Think we have hooked another. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8148 on: August 13, 2012, 07:01:27 am »
Jon giving Michel a lesson on laying out and cutting in nocks. Some of Will's hunting arrows. Art shows up,he is doing well and looking good,said he was glad
to be back.Me cutting out another Osage.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8149 on: August 13, 2012, 07:04:52 am »
Toby and J show up to do a little shooting.Splitting out and Osage for Kevin,he hasn't built a bow in a couple of years and decided he needed a new one,we got 2
good snaky stave's from this one. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8150 on: August 13, 2012, 07:09:54 am »
Kevin hard at it and Will doing some handle work. Good friend Matt shows up to do a little shooting. He flies a Blackhawk. :)Jon shooting in his new bow.Will testing some rock John a friend of the club brought in and GregB shows up to do a little knife work. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8151 on: August 13, 2012, 07:15:13 am »
A new knife Will made for a young lad in the club.Very nice work. :) :) A little picking Saturday evening.Kevin's bow floor tillered,he stayed at it hard most of the day. :) Some trading going on between Will and Don a good friend of the club. We put GregB to work,good to see him back on the saw and also a knife he is working on. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8152 on: August 13, 2012, 07:19:54 am »
And last another snaky Osage stave that came from the log we split for Kevin,very nice piece and I calmed that one. ;) ;D ;D  That is what happens when they leave me all along on Saturday evening. :) :) Like I said great weekend,I am pretty sore,not use to all that in one weekend anymore. ;) ;D  Life is Good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #8153 on: August 13, 2012, 09:21:35 am »
Mornin Pappy good to see you guys aint lost you're nack. Had a big time myself went to see the grandson that's always fun worked on the new canning shed some and hit the flea market on sunday. Life is good, Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8154 on: August 13, 2012, 10:14:27 am »
Thanks for the update, Pappy.  Looks like we talked Jon into going after that yew log he had tucked in the rafters.  Looked like a pretty nice piece, if I recall.  Glad to see it started.  Hope all is well.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

blackhawk

« Reply #8155 on: August 13, 2012, 11:15:37 am »
NICE!!!! You guys tore it up over the weekend down there. Damn,now that's my kinda weekend right there,sure wooda been fun to be there.

Offline seabass

« Reply #8156 on: August 13, 2012, 06:08:45 pm »
Pappy,if you need a stave for your long armed friend i have one.actually i have a 71" and a 72' very nice staves.if you need one let me know and i'll ship you one.they are well seasoned and ready to go.let me know brother.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8157 on: August 14, 2012, 06:31:18 am »
Thanks Steve, :) Chris we would love to have you anytime,you are like a weal wind in the shop. ;) ;D ;D Matt it looks pretty good,lots of sap wood but he has thinned it down and I think it will be OK. 1 big knot in the lower 1/3 of the limb that will have to be delt with while tillering.Other than that pretty clean on the deflex side.He plans on a deflex/reflex bow.Kind of handle forward. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8158 on: August 14, 2012, 01:35:52 pm »
Matt working on Yew for the first time is very hard.  Lucky for me Pappy and Will are around.  I shot Pappy's Yew last weekend and it was the best shooting bow I ever shot.  I hope this one I'm working on turns out. 

It was a fun weekend at Twin Oaks last weekend for sure.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8159 on: August 15, 2012, 07:01:02 am »
You did work up a sweat Jon. ;) :) :) I got Kevin's on the form last evening, it needed a lot of attention. :) :)We left it on the form over night and can't wait to see what it looks like this evening,also got my steamer set back up and plan on steaming mine today or tomorrow,wanted to be able to work on it this weekend
after the meeting/working.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good