Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4704710 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #8535 on: November 30, 2012, 06:13:02 am »
Friday and lots of plans for the weekend,don't plan on much hunting,kind of burned out for now .I do want to grip my Osage and some knife and hide work.
Got the one I stretched last week almost scrapped and another in the bucket to thaw,then flesh and stretch.I counted last evening and I have 9 in the freezer to do this winter so I best get at it. ;) :) Hope yall have a great weekend.See ya Monday. :) :) Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #8536 on: November 30, 2012, 07:18:33 am »
Have a great weekend Pappy, and tell all I said hello.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8537 on: December 03, 2012, 06:29:09 am »
Another great weekend,no hunting for me but did get a lot done in the shop. I got the first hide of the year scraped and ready for tanning,also got another big hide racked.Got the handles finished on the blank Eddie gave me and the handle wrap and writing on my Osage.Along with that we got the area cleaned up from the tree topping and managed to get some good handle material and a couple of staves from the stuff left over.Here are a few pictures of the fun. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8538 on: December 03, 2012, 06:36:15 am »
A gift from a good friend,very cool walking stick,Dogwood sapling. Will helping Chuck lay out one of his Hickory bows. Then some picking around the fire. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8539 on: December 03, 2012, 06:41:03 am »
Will and Sadie enjoying the fire. Grip on my Osage,this is the first wrap grip I have used,turned out pretty good,hemp twine soaked in glue,should hold up pretty good I hope. ??? Some hides scrapped and Racked. A Hackberry stave that came from beside the bow shop,should make 2 very nice staves. Cutting up some Black Walnut for fire wood and knife handles. I took this one out beside the cabin. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8540 on: December 03, 2012, 06:49:03 am »
Chuck's stave ready for tillering. A couple of nice deer John a good friend brought down for Red to European mount.  :)Will doing a little napping,been missing that for a while. ;) More bow lay out for Chuck,he can't get enough right now. ;) :) :)
Me working on a knife blade for KingRon's Grandson,wound up having to make 2,1 for each Grandson. :) :) Ron and one of his Grandson's enjoying the fire. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8541 on: December 03, 2012, 06:55:21 am »
Me cutting out Chuck's new Osage bow.Looking good so far. KingRon's Grandson's with new leg bone knives.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8542 on: December 03, 2012, 06:59:57 am »
Chuck getting his Osage floor tillered and ready for the form,he just moved here from Washington state and seems to be liking it and fitting in well. ;) :) :) Some Blackwalnut sealed and should be ready for handles in a year or so.That's it for this week.Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #8543 on: December 03, 2012, 08:44:21 am »
Looks like yall got it going on like always.hay to everyone in TN the monday morning post is like a five minute vacation every week before I have to get down to work. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8544 on: December 03, 2012, 09:07:13 am »
Good to hear from you Ron,haven't seen you here in a while,was hoping everything was alright with you. :) Ya nothing changes much around there,just new faces from time to time. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #8545 on: December 03, 2012, 09:16:06 am »
Yeah I'm on just about every day gotta keep up with my buds. It has been kinda hectic lately I've been to 3 funerals in the last month. Plus work seems to have turned into one big road trip I was right through you're neighborhood the other day and didn't have time to stop, I sure thought about you guys though. Ron

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #8546 on: December 03, 2012, 09:31:06 am »
Looks like ya'll had a great weekend.  Like Ron said, I look forward to the Monday morning posts.  Seems sometimes that I'm right there with ya's. 

Myself, I peeled out 4 osage staves this weekend for bow blanks, sinew backed a bow for a special recipient and worked on my Christmas trade.  Miss Heather and the young-uns finished up decorating the tree for Christmas.  Wee-wicki puked all over my shoulder during a fun game of "gotcha".  Life is good.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Will H

« Reply #8547 on: December 03, 2012, 10:43:35 am »
Ahh...  Another weekend in paradise  :D
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline cracker

« Reply #8548 on: December 03, 2012, 12:23:24 pm »
Did you ask yourself who got who?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8549 on: December 04, 2012, 07:07:41 am »
That happend Matt. ;) ;D Sounds like you been busy also. I put a coat of sealer on my Osage bow last evening and also got my second hide about 3/4 scrapped,plan
on racking another later in the week. The Osage bow is looking good ,hope to be shooting it again by the weekend. May even take it out for a hunt. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good