Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694315 times)

Offline JEB

Re: Life is good
« Reply #9435 on: July 04, 2013, 08:10:40 am »
Pappy, I read this post every day.  Great stuff.  Would love to have a place close to me like yours that I could go to and do the things you do on a daily basis.  I am lucky up here in Michigan as a group of us get together on Thursday nights and work on self bows, strings, flint knapping and a lot of BS ing. 

It would be hard to have a more perminant  work station like you have ,leaving  tools out like you do because of our WEATHER. Sorry for yelling but the snow gets to me, lol.

I came down to the Classic this year with another guy that works on bows on Thursday nights and had a good time.  We told others about your place and next year we hope to have a crew come down.  I am the guy that you helped locate a Catholic Church.

Thanks again for this posting and all the photo's that you post.  Every time there are new photo's I drag my wife to the computer to show her what we saw and did.

Looking forward to Elm Hall.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9436 on: July 04, 2013, 08:34:18 am »
Thanks JEB, I do feel blessed to have a place like this to share with like minded people and have the people to share it with,once a week is better than most get to enjoy this kind of stuff as a group,I would and have done it on my own but it is much more rewarding to me to share with a group. :) :) Looking forward to ElmHall also.see ya in a few weeks. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9437 on: July 04, 2013, 04:20:01 pm »
And I feel blessed that you are such a sharing guy. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #9438 on: July 05, 2013, 02:22:41 am »
Man I can't wait to visit Twin Oaks this weekend.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9439 on: July 05, 2013, 06:11:52 am »
Can't wait to see ya Jon. ;) :) Get the fire going. :) Friday and headed that way as soon as I can get off,rainy 4th for sure. ;) not good for the beer business, ;) :) I went to the cabin yesterday evening and it was really peaceful with just me,got my Osage off the forms and tip overlays put on and worked down so I plan on trying to finish tillering this evening,also got 4 of 12 Sour wood shafts straight and  spined, ready for self nocks, it's amazing what I can get done when I am there by my self,well me and my girls. :) It was pouring rain so they had fun curled up in there chairs just watching me go from project to project. Hope yall had a good 4th and have a good weekend.  :) :) See ya Monday. Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9440 on: July 06, 2013, 12:16:06 am »
Them girls love having Pappy to themselves too!  ;)
 Did the sourwood shaft spineing thing work out for you?
Wish I was there right now.  :(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9441 on: July 08, 2013, 06:05:07 am »
Very up and down weekend for me,it rained most of it so my bow work and shafts
were put on hold,did manage to get a few things done and had lot of company,my Sadie girl is very very sick, :( didn't think she would make it through the nigh Friday but as of this morning about 1:30am she was still with us,no better ,just slowing going away I am afraid. :( She don't seem to be hurting so that's a good thing. Pat I got 5 of the sourwoods worked up and spined pretty close but out in the weather they gained about 30 or 40 grains so I put them up to dry out and stabilize before I shoot them.  :) Got the tip finished on my Osage but same thing,the wet weather so I didn't want to bend on it till it dries out a bit. :)Here are a few pictures of the weekend. :) Sour wood spined and weighted and trade points for the up coming season.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9442 on: July 08, 2013, 06:09:33 am »
Osage off the form,looks good so far.My pair of knives finely finished. Tip overlays glued on and tip flipped on my Osage. Dan doing some knife work and Jon working on his Hackberry stave,this one was cut right beside the shop. ;) :) Me and Miss Sadie Friday evening. :) Love that girl. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9443 on: July 08, 2013, 06:18:55 am »
Dan's knife in the works and Jon cutting out his Hackberry. Some old shaft's KingRon brought me and some old points,I am making up some old school practice arrows that seem to shoot really good out of my old Kohanns Long bow :) Next genration for Twin Oaks and Pappy.Breakfast/country ham yum yum.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9444 on: July 08, 2013, 06:23:16 am »
Jon doing some leather dieing and a bone point he made for me. KingRon broke out his bow,he is doing really well right now. ;) :) :) Thank you Lord. :) Just some hanging out,staying out of the rain. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9445 on: July 08, 2013, 06:27:47 am »
GregB showed up to visit and some of Will's new points. Dan's knife in the finishing stages and looking good.Josiah and Alex are back at it,Alex on his Hickory and Josiah on his shorty Osage. :) :) They come down most Saturdays and hang out,really good boys. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9446 on: July 08, 2013, 06:33:43 am »
Alex's sister giving her first try on a Hickory bow,first me taking some meat off the stave then KingRon jumps in to help her get started,Alex showing off his skills with his Yukallie. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9447 on: July 08, 2013, 06:40:11 am »
Listening to Will do some picking,relaxing and some scrapping,hard to beat that for a Saturday evening.  ;) :) Also Josiah's shorty off the form,looks really good from what it looked like when he started. That's it for this weekend,hope yall had a good one. :) :)I will keep you posted on Sadie,probably won't be long. :(
  Life is Good. :) Sometimes tough but still good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #9448 on: July 08, 2013, 07:07:19 am »
Morning Pappy sorry to hear about Sadie hope she surprises you. Good to hear Ron is doing so well hope that holds. Hang in there. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9449 on: July 08, 2013, 08:50:00 am »
Ya me also Ron,she has been a good one.  :) To loose her and Hannah in less than a year is pretty tough on me. They are 2 of the best camp dogs I have ever had. :(
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good