Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694705 times)

Offline burn em up chuck

Re: Life is good
« Reply #9795 on: September 19, 2013, 10:26:28 pm »
 happy belated Pappy,

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9796 on: September 19, 2013, 11:25:00 pm »
Happy Birthday, Pappy. Its always good to see another one these days.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9797 on: September 20, 2013, 05:38:14 am »
Thanks Guys, I had a good one.Been down in my back probably from putting up stands, I seem to forget I am to old for climbing trees and such. ;) :) :) Feel much better today,maybe because it's Friday  ;) ;D ;D Headed to the cabin to do some more stand work and get all my bows/arrows and other things ready.Got 2 stands up and 2 more to go,got 2 bows set up and at least 12 arrows ready to fly,hope that's enough. ??? :) I need to get the last 2 sour wood shafts ready and I should be good to go. Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #9798 on: September 20, 2013, 10:01:52 pm »
Hope i'm not to late in wishing you a belated birthday, hope it was special.
Our best, Mark and Donna

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9799 on: September 23, 2013, 06:35:09 am »
Great weekend, Spent most of it putting up stands,fine tuning arrows and heads/steel wooling my bows and shooting,also getting my other hunting gear together. :) :) I think I am finely ready for next Saturday. :-\ Had several over and all doing the same,Opening day is a big deal around TwinOaks and you can tell by the flurry of activity that goes on the week before. Here are a few pictures of the fun. Me helping Dan put a sinew patch on his Hickory bow and fletching and hafting a point on one of my sourwoods. It's one of 6 tuned and ready to hunt. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9800 on: September 23, 2013, 06:41:01 am »
Sally girl is really growing. Me sealing some of my sourwood shafts[parfin] heated and hand rubbed and also hefting some trade points. Kevin doing some red neck tractor repair,he needed a gasket for the drain plug and didn't have one, so he made one from a gator aid cap ;) ;D That boy can fix anything. ;) :) I tell him he is handier than handles on a pee pot.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9801 on: September 23, 2013, 06:44:55 am »
Arrows ready for the hunt. Jon getting his broad heads ready. Some Osage I am putting in the freezer for the winter,then plan on planting them this spring. We will see how that works. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9802 on: September 23, 2013, 06:48:29 am »
More shafts being made/tuned /trade points.Hope this is enough. ;) :) At least to start with. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9803 on: September 23, 2013, 06:52:01 am »
Some fun and practice from our new tree stand,it is pretty cool,we have 7 or 8 tragets set at different ranges to practice at. :) Thanks GregB and Will for heading this project up,turned out great. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9804 on: September 23, 2013, 06:57:14 am »
Sweet pee showed up for a visit. Got to love that girl. Will doing some grip work for one of our kids that show up most weekends. Kevin decided I needed a new bumper on my old Niss. Like I said that boy is handy and can do anything. Chuck giving some shooting instructions to one of our youth. Will doing some napping to relax after a long day. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9805 on: September 23, 2013, 07:02:17 am »
Bows/arrows and even some extra arrows and quiver ready for next week. ;) Both bows are Osage and have been tested in battle,one on Whitetail late last season and the other on Gators late this passed summer,they done well. ;) :) :) :) Hope yall had a good one also. :) Life is Good.  ;)
  Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9806 on: September 23, 2013, 08:15:15 am »
Arrows look good & that bumper should last awhile  ;).... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #9807 on: September 23, 2013, 10:13:25 am »
Love the shooting tower Pappy!
We have one at Hawkeye and it gets a lot of use before hunting season.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #9808 on: September 23, 2013, 10:28:48 am »
I have grown a bunch of osage seedlings Mark. All you need to do with your apples is put them in a bucket, no water, and put the bucket in a shady spot on the north side of a building over the winter. They will rot down by spring time. I put on rubber gloves and either separate the seed out or plant the mush in a shallow trench, you will be surprised how many seeds sprout.

I give the sprouts a few weeks to develop then transplant them to gallon pots. After about a year in the pots you can tell which are going to be straight and which are going be doglegged. I keep the straight ones and toss the crooked ones. You do have to keep an eye out for a tap root growing out the bottom of the pot, osage puts one out to China, it will break off when you lift the pot harming the seedling if you let it travel into the ground below the pot.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9809 on: September 23, 2013, 10:49:04 am »
Thanks Eric,I was told to put them in the freezer,but I will just do it you way and see how they turn out.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good