Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705012 times)

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9840 on: October 01, 2013, 06:49:59 pm »
Aw Right!
 Congats BigA and team!

Mililani Hawaii

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #9841 on: October 01, 2013, 08:31:11 pm »
Nice going guys, those are some nice deer. I usually see very few bucks this early in our season and here you guys are piling 'em up, better hunters than me no doubt. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #9842 on: October 01, 2013, 09:27:01 pm »
Nice looking opener at Twin Oaks!  Yep, just got in from the woods.  Was able to get in on the evening hunt on opening day here in Michigan.  No deer sightings, but a beautiful night in the woods. 

Congrats to all of the winners and the rest for a nice weekend at Twin Oaks!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9843 on: October 02, 2013, 05:40:54 am »
Ya Matt,I heard you got a real job now. ;) :) :) Congrats on that. :) I went out yesterday evening,it has turned hot here again but was a pretty nice evening,I seen 1 doe,3 yots that I thought I was going to get a shot at but no cigar,1 coon and quite counting the squirrels,good evening to be in the woods. I got 2 deer to cut up and package so probably won't hunt any more till Friday evening. Hope the weather cools a bit and the rain holds off for the weekend. :-\
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Marks

« Reply #9844 on: October 02, 2013, 11:37:51 am »
Pappy, I'm just curious but how many Acres is Twin Oaks? You own it right?? I assume all of these deer didn't come off the property.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9845 on: October 03, 2013, 05:57:07 am »
No Marks they didn't,we have an event  for TwinOaks and folks bring them in for weighing and the final leg of the Whitetail Classic. Yes The farm TwinOaks is on belongs to me and is around 400 ac. The club uses about 80 ac of it, Only Me and My son and several invited guest/friends hunt there.  :) A lot of these deer came from close by but not off my farm. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9846 on: October 04, 2013, 05:38:28 am »
Friday, got to love that.I am headed to the cabin in a little while,no big plans but some scouting and hunting,it's hot right now so I ant sure if I will even go out this evening. Got a few projects to do around the shop some I may just kick back and wait on better weather.It is supposed to rain Saturday and turn much cooler next week ,hope so. :-\ Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. :) Life is Good. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #9847 on: October 04, 2013, 07:03:33 am »
Good luck this weekend Mark! I'm looking forward to the cooler weather myself.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9848 on: October 07, 2013, 06:20:00 am »
Great weekend,no deer for me but Will took a nice little doe Saturday with his Osage and stone,it was really hot so hunting was short lived by me,just can't take the heat like I use to and hoping for cooler weather.Had several friends down /KingRon/Jon/Dan Jon's brother and Kevin Brown another good friend,we ate good ,laughted a lot and told a lot of stories so it was a fine weekend deer or not. ;) :) :) Here are a few pictures of the fun.  :) Meat cut up/cleaned and ready to wrap. Sally still just taking it all in. :) King Ron getting his 4 wheelers ready for next weeks long ride. :) Kevin and me getting ready to go out in the heat Friday evening,and man it was hot. :) Will's deer in the cooler. :) Congrats. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9849 on: October 07, 2013, 06:24:51 am »
Dan's bow at first brace and getting tip overlays. Smile says it all. :) :) Art shows up for the day,he hardly ever misses a Saturday. :) Rocky's bow off the form and ready to tiller,I haven't been in a big hurry on this one,he will get it in May at the Classic. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9850 on: October 07, 2013, 06:30:42 am »
Ron and I cooked up a big supper for the guys Saturday evening,lots of deer and tatters,yum yum. ;) :) :) Sunday got to celebrate my son Beau's 28th birthday,man where does the time go. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9851 on: October 07, 2013, 06:49:22 am »
Almost forgot,for those that Know Jesse,he and Abby got married yesterday,congrats to yall, :) :) hope you have a great life together. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #9852 on: October 07, 2013, 07:31:01 am »
Looks like another great weekend! I know what you mean with time flying and kids growing up. The cool weather is here, let the hunting begin ;D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9853 on: October 07, 2013, 10:00:46 am »
Congrats Will & Jesse!  ;)... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9854 on: October 07, 2013, 10:35:48 am »
Congratulations Abby and Jesse.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC